No announcement yet.

The official Denver Nuggets thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y’all are witnessing Malone’s true coaching ability without a deep roster. He still has two so called young stars. I say so called because I’ve never really bought into Murray as a star. But Malone can’t get more out of this roster without the depth he had a year ago.

Maybe that’s unfair criticism but I never really felt he did as much as he should’ve with last years roster. Despite two great series rallies.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Y’all are witnessing Malone’s true coaching ability without a deep roster. He still has two so called young stars. I say so called because I’ve never really bought into Murray as a star. But Malone can’t get more out of this roster without the depth he had a year ago.

Maybe that’s unfair criticism but I never really felt he did as much as he should’ve with last years roster. Despite two great series rallies.
      I agree completely. Hey - if you combine MPJ and Murray, that counts as 1 star, right?

This team is out in the 1st round if we even make the playoffs.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

• That one was rough. MPJ passes up an open 3 to go to Murray running into a double and then follows it up by not cutting to the basket for a wide open dunk to just sit in the corner. I know Murray should’ve just took it himself but there’s no way he isn’t expecting Porter to run to the basket there.

That’s just horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible IQ by Porter, he has to know the clock is ticking down and he’s the farthest away from the ball so even if he gets it has to rush his shot. Campazzo can’t shoot if he’s rushed but he has to stay there to keep that second defender from going to the basket.

For all the good Porter does, it’s these mistakes that just kill us. The soft fouls on drives, trying to shoot over everyone instead of getting a better shot, not catching passes when he cuts, holding the ball away from his body on rebounds and getting stripped and then just standing there watching after it happens. He can be so much better than this. He has to realize, he isn’t in high school anymore, he isn’t 10x better than everyone on the court. He’s just another guy with a good jump shot, there isn’t much that really separates him from Davis Bertans right now. He needs to focus out on the court and find a way to add to his game because he’s going to be on the outside looking in if he wants to be a star in this league.

Comment

• Anyway Campazzo has grown on me. I still don’t think he can score worth a lick unless he’s wide open but he’s a great facilitator and such a pest on defense despite his lack of size. He’s been fun to watch so far. I still hate the 3 guard looks but that’s not on Facu.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            Anyway Campazzo has grown on me. I still don’t think he can score worth a lick unless he’s wide open but he’s a great facilitator and such a pest on defense despite his lack of size. He’s been fun to watch so far. I still hate the 3 guard looks but that’s not on Facu.
            Facu's perimeter D has been really impressive. I'm not sure players like Dame and Donovan have played against someone like Facu. I like him off the bench as much for his entertainment value as his D. He's fun to watch.

Comment

• Now that I’m really focusing in on MPJ to see how he’s developing, it’s incredibly frustrating to watch. He had a good game last night coming off screens and hitting open 3s because for whatever reason the Thunder wanted to go under and he did have one drive where he jab stepped left and drove right for an easy basket. But that’s about the only good things I can say about his game.

If he isn’t involved in the play, he’s probably just standing around somewhere watching. He only cuts to try and score, it’s never to bring attention off someone else. Half the time he doesn’t even realize that he’s within 3 feet of another offensive player just killing the spacing on the court. He walks up and down the court a lot. There was one possession where he was so far behind the top of the 3 point line that we were essentially playing 4 on 5. Jokic got an offensive rebound and scored but MPJ never came into the frame. His basic basketball IQ is severely lacking.

Comment

• Greek freak just being allowed to dunk at will. And yes, he is also allowed 4 steps to the rim.

Comment

• Whilst I haven't been able to see the last few games live, we seem to have turned out some impressive performances.

Murray is back in form, MPJ has started scoring again, and even the bench players are stepping up to the mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                    Whilst I haven't been able to see the last few games live, we seem to have turned out some impressive performances.

Murray is back in form, MPJ has started scoring again, and even the bench players are stepping up to the mark.
                    It was nice watching them curbstomp the Bucks. They were being obnoxiously overconfident when Greek Freak was strolling to the basket for dunks early. Then Joker started putting in work and wiped all that smugness away. Impressive win on the road.

Comment

• That hand sanitizer cam was ummm something else...

Comment

• Hartenstein makes like 1-3 really good passes a game. For someone who is just supposed to be an energy guy, I really like his potential to become more.

Comment

• So close to a Dozier to Jokic alley oop. It’s going to happen, I believe

Comment

• Someone should tell them that the third quarter is the fourth quarter.

Comment

• A rare NBA article in a UK national newspaper today
                              - on Nicola Jokic.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...tar-basketball

Comment

• Last night was really a joy to watch if you love guys like Jokic. Obviously there was Nikola Jokic but he was going head to head against the son of Arvydas Sabonis (everyone’s favorite Jokic comparison) in Domantas Sabonis who plays somewhat similar to Jokic, just trade the flashy passes for a little more athleticism. Then we got Vlatko calling himself Baby Jokic and I can see some similarities there as well.

I don’t think it’d work out great defensively but I’d love to watch Jokic and Sabonis play together.

Comment

Working...
                                X