No announcement yet.

The official Denver Nuggets thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The All-Star break has not done the team any favours. They look disjointed tonight.

Comment

• That was close...!

I'm hoping a lot of the errors can be put down to a bit of rustiness after the break...

Comment

• I need this first 6 minutes of the game Will Barton all game long

Comment

• Nice win, but geez, they give up double digit leads way too often. It would be nice to see them keep the same energy up the whole game. Don't know if it's coaching or personnel.

Comment

• Jokic and Murray have got to be the most inconsistent defensive duo I’ve ever seen. Murray sags so far off defenders to try and help Jokic that he just gives up wide open 3s before there’s even any real penetration. Murray just needs to let Jokic fend for himself sometimes or communicate to someone else on the court so they can close out instead of him coming from half the width of the court away.

Other than that great game last night, that just really bothered me because Murray called out Jokic earlier for being hung out to dry because of a lack of rim protection when really the guys need to do a better job of staying in front of their man and a better job of getting through screens. If they attacked screens harder, Jokic could hedge more aggressively and force them back to the original defender instead of just allowing a switch and hoping they kick out and then execute the scramble drill into a contested look.

Sometimes I feel like Malone gives up on the defense but I know that can’t be it because they’ll put together runs like they had the other night against the Pacers where they held them to like 2 points for the first 8 minutes of the 4th.

Comment

• Ugly, grind out win

Comment

• ...and then we lose to the [checks notes] Pelicans?

Comment

• There are some bad teams that really just seem to have our number. The Pelicans are one as well as the Kings and the Hawks. The last 2 are somewhat understandable given that they have young PGs who are elite at what either shooting (Young) or speed (fox).

Any word on Harris? I see him coking and joking on the sidelines, seems like he’s moving pretty well.

Comment

• The free throw disparity is concerning. We had 10 attempts to their 30. Zion made more free throws than our guys even attempted. We have a bunch of guys that just don’t want to be touched and refs that treat Jokic like prime Shaq and refuse to give him calls that every other Center gets.

Comment

• Hartenstein and 2 2nd rounds picks for Javale McGee. Not a good deal for us IMO, Hartenstein is younger and still developing, McGee is who he is an it really isn’t much better than Hartenstein.

After being linked to Ball, Barnes, Gordon, and Fournier this is pretty lackluster. Reminds me of last season when we traded Beasley for essentially RJ Hampton. Hopefully we can swing for the fences and have the Hawks reverse course on John Collins.

Comment

• McGee again?! I guess Denver wants to be on Shaqtin a Fool every night.

Comment

• Apparently we’re in the lead for Aaron Gordon with a trade centered around Gary Harris, RJ Hampton, and some picks.

That’s rough. I’ve mentioned Gordon numerous times over the past few years but giving up perimeter players for him wasn’t my first choice. Especially Harris as he’s being sorely missed out on the court. And then throwing in Hampton on top of it leaves us with Murray, Morris, Barton, and Dozier which is perilously thin IMO. I would like to think this would mean we’d turn around and get Lonzo Ball to shore up our perimeter defense but I’m not sure we’d have enough assets to get him and both Ball and Gordon are on expiring contracts and probably don’t want to be in Denver long term.

If we’re willing to make this move for Gordon, I’d throw in Bol Bol and their choice of Millsap, Green, or Cancar and send it to the Hawks for Collins.

Comment

• And it’s official Gordon and Gary Clark for Harris, Hampton and 2 first round picks

Comment

• That was a good win last night. At least from our core group of guys. MPJ is getting much better about not shooting the first shot he sees. Apparently Gordon is a better defender than I gave him credit for so hopefully he can step in and slow down guys like Zion, PG, Kawhi, LeBron, etc. His offensive fit is amazing and should make getting triple doubles easier for Jokic. Can’t wait to see him out on the court

Comment

• They looked real good tonight. Gordon looks like a nice addition.

Comment

Working...
                                X