No announcement yet.

The official Denver Nuggets thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of expected this, they usually are still hitting the snooze button for these games. Didn’t expect the great start only for the bench unit to give up an incredible run.

Our bench can be downright atrocious at times. Malone seems to be trying to figure something out with it, at least I assume that’s why he turned to Nnaji this game. But I really think we just have to scrap Millsap and go with McGee and hope Green can find his shot. At least until Murray gets back because he’s kind of been that bridge guy between the units.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      Kind of expected this, they usually are still hitting the snooze button for these games. Didn’t expect the great start only for the bench unit to give up an incredible run.

Our bench can be downright atrocious at times. Malone seems to be trying to figure something out with it, at least I assume that’s why he turned to Nnaji this game. But I really think we just have to scrap Millsap and go with McGee and hope Green can find his shot. At least until Murray gets back because he’s kind of been that bridge guy between the units.
      Malone needs to stop taking all the starters off at the same time. If he needs to rest Jokic and MPJ, do that; but don't rest them all.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Malone needs to stop taking all the starters off at the same time. If he needs to rest Jokic and MPJ, do that; but don't rest them all.
        I think that’s going to be Murray’s role ultimately. Gordon is too new to be as impactful with the bench unit. Barton plays hero ball with the bench unit and I think MPJ would do a lot of the same with them. Jokic would be the only other option but then you risk him getting a ton of minutes. He could handle it but I don’t think Malone wants that for him. I do think McGee gives us a better pick and roll option over Millsap because he’s a much more vertical player. It sacrifices some spacing but Millsap isn’t much more than a spot up shooter at this point and the combo of Green/Millsap can be redundant especially if they’re both off. Same goes for Nnaji at this stage in his career too.

Kind of circles back to Bol Bol honestly. He’d be that guy that can go and get a bucket with his skill set but he’s very prone to just standing around when he doesn’t have the ball. However if he had been getting consistent minutes all season I think he’d have worked himself out of that by now. At this stage, I doubt he’s getting a bigger role barring injury because this is when coaches start shortening rotations for the playoffs.

Comment

• The have had way too many games where they give up double digit leads. It’s infuriating.

Comment

• Ugh....all the Nuggets suddenly think they’re Curry and just jacking three pointers, even though they were up
            Last edited by Bronco51; 04-12-2021, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• This team just doesn’t have what it takes. I wonder if it’s Malone or the chemistry. Tonight they should have blown out an undermanned Warriors team. Instead, they get enamored watching Curry and they forget you can also score two point baskets. The last two games they have just fallen flat in the second half. I thought Gordon was going to be a game changer, but they have just reverted to who they were before the trade.

Comment

• That was over quickly!
                Murray ACL tear , Nuggets back to pretenders 🤦‍♂️
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                  That was over quickly!
                  Murray ACL tear , Nuggets back to pretenders 🤦‍♂️
                  Really sad for Murray. He's such a popular player too - league wide. Hope he fully recovers in time for the start of next season.

So many serious injuries this season, probably due (in most cases) to the lack of a proper offseason and the number of back to back games in the second part of the season.

As for how this affects our season, it's clearly a big loss but not necessarily a decisive one. We'll have to wait and see.

Comment

• Fire malone.
                    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                    sigpic

Comment

• Huge blow to the team. Say what you will about Murray and his inconsistency but he’s the leader of the team. Offensively we will probably still be fine, although we’ll undoubtedly have some stretches where we really miss him. I think it hurts us big time defensively. When he’s engaged, he’s a very capable defender, he can also be bad when he’s not but that generally isn’t the case come playoff time.

Morris is too slight and not really long enough to be a good defender, Facu just doesn’t have much in the way of physical tools to be what we need on that end. He makes up for it pure tenacity, energy, and hustle, but he’s going to get blown by, he’s going to get posted up and he’s going to give up points.

But to try and find some positivity in this, MPJ is going to have to step up now. Gordon is going to have a larger role and while he started out strong, he seems to be thinking more the past few games as he’s learned more and I think it’s slowing him down a bit. Ultimately though, I think it will really force Malone to sit down and look at the roster composition of the team. I didn’t think we could win it all with a backcourt of Harris and Murray, I didn’t think they offered enough length or athleticism to really get us over the hump defensively despite Harris being a terrific defender. We traded Harris, but I think we’re at a similar crossroads with Morris/Facu in the PG rotation even with Murray in the mix. Morris may have an amazing assist to turnover ratio and Facu may be a coach’s dream in terms of energy and playing the game the right way, but like with the Murray/Harris combo I don’t think they give us enough athleticism or length on the defensive end and unlike Murray/Harris they don’t really make up for it on the offensive end nearly enough. I like Morris and I’ve grown to like Facu, but I just don’t think they offer enough to our team to move the needle forward towards a championship.

We’re locked into Murray, MPJ, Jokic, and Gordon for at least another year. That’s as solid a group as any to build a team around. We have to find a way to develop the bench though. We are probably locked into Morris with the extension but he’s not a great scorer and his defensive limitations need to be worked around. Dozier has shifted into reverse after a good start to the season, he offers length, athleticism, and defense but offensively his shot is inconsistent and he has no plan whatsoever when he drives which causes maddening turnovers. Green is a solid role player, but he can’t be relied on to be the lead guy off the bench which seems to be his current role. Bol Bol is a tantalizing prospect who really hasn’t ever played a lot of basketball and his lack of IQ shows up big time when he’s in. But as he plays more, he will start to figure things out and if he can stay healthy I do think he should be the lead on the bench unit. Nnaji shows promise but it’s too soon to tell where his ceiling is, and he’s kind of an awkward fit (much like Green/Millsap) because of his size. He could be a solid stretch 4, or he could be Trey Lyles or somewhere in between but I don’t think he makes for a good SF or small ball C.

To sum it up, losing Murray is a huge blow immediately. A Morris/Facu backup combo probably needs to be scrapped for length and more consistent scoring. Bol Bol needs more playing time.

Comment

• Ok this is ridiculous, guys have got to start telling Jokic when they’re guy leaves them to try and steal the ball from behind him. This happens to us multiple times a game, sometimes a quarter while it hardly ever happens to any other team.

Comment

• What a roller coaster of a game, can’t wait to see how the media tries to slight Jokic tomorrow

Comment

• So instead of talking about Jokic and his 47 point performance including a dagger 3 near the end of double OT it’s all about Steph Curry today. No real mention of their other favorite MVP candidate Embiid not even attempting to run him off the 3 point line.

All season it was Jokic can’t be MVP because the team wasn’t placed high enough in the standings but now that doesn’t apply to the 9th seeded Warriors. They’ve literally thrown any and everybody that’s a household name in front of Jokic for the MVP.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              So instead of talking about Jokic and his 47 point performance including a dagger 3 near the end of double OT it’s all about Steph Curry today. No real mention of their other favorite MVP candidate Embiid not even attempting to run him off the 3 point line.

All season it was Jokic can’t be MVP because the team wasn’t placed high enough in the standings but now that doesn’t apply to the 9th seeded Warriors. They’ve literally thrown any and everybody that’s a household name in front of Jokic for the MVP.
                              Apparently, Curry said today that he should be MVP. He proceeded to play and lose against the Wizards, scoring just 18 points in 36 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Apparently, Curry said today that he should be MVP. He proceeded to play and lose against the Wizards, scoring just 18 points in 36 minutes.
                                Yeah it’s ridiculous how they’re trying hype every other guy up. The worst part is, we’re likely going to face the Lakers in round 1 and they’re our worst matchup so if we get bounced in the first round the narrative will be how Jokic didn’t deserve to win it and they’ll just gloss over Murray being out and Gordon being so new to the team.

Although if we knock them out I think we can beat any other team in the playoffs to include the east.

Comment

Working...
                                X