No announcement yet.

The official Denver Nuggets thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuggets fans Friday night: “Oh the Suns are a team we can stomach losing too and root for them after”

Also Nuggets fans at half of game 1: “Every Suns starter has a punchable face”
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
      What's sad is that they should be blowing them out. But instead, they will commit a ton of unforced errors and beat themselves.
      Been saying this exact same thing all half. They get up 6-7 and decide they have to play stupid like the Suns can’t close that gap in a flash.
      sigpic

Comment

What's sad is that they should be blowing them out. But instead, they will commit a ton of unforced errors and beat themselves.
        Right.On.Cue

Comment

Right.On.Cue
          19-2 run before Malone decides to call timeout and do something about it.
          sigpic

Comment

• Facu’s unwillingness to shoot is leading to some mind numbing turnovers. And when it doesn’t it ends up being a rushed shot at the end of the shot clock by someone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              Facu’s unwillingness to shoot is leading to some mind numbing turnovers. And when it doesn’t it ends up being a rushed shot at the end of the shot clock by someone else.
              It’s not just Facu. Several Nuggets have been passing up very open shots.
              sigpic

Comment

• Now it’s time for Jokic to sit half the quarter

Comment

• If we could just stay at home on corner shooters we’d probably have won this game

Comment

• Jokic has won the MVP award per The Athletic.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

Been saying this exact same thing all half. They get up 6-7 and decide they have to play stupid like the Suns can’t close that gap in a flash.
                      A promising season coming to a painful close......

Comment

• Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

A promising season coming to a painful close......
                        I don’t know about all that now. They got owned by Portland in game 1 at home and still won that series.

Phoenix is a lot better but also very young and inexperienced in the postseason.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don’t know about all that now. They got owned by Portland in game 1 at home and still won that series.

Phoenix is a lot better but also very young and inexperienced in the postseason.
                          Agreed. But we probably do probably need to win the next game.

Comment

I love the optimism, but if they go down 0-2, its over. Choking just like the Avs. Not a good time to be a Colorado sports fan

Comment

• This game one was really similar to game one vs Portland. We were in control for about 2 1/2 quarters before Bridges and Paul closed the game out. After halftime the team seemed to forget that it was a playoff game. Jokic went cold and no one else stepped up and the passing got real lazy. Rivers and Facu can’t pass up so many open shots and again MPJ can’t just take every shot because he knows he’s a great shooter. His efficiency coming off screens drops drastically compared to his set shots and a lot of that is because of his feet not being in a good spot when he comes off the screen.

All in all I still think we’re in a good spot. Gordon did a good job defending Booker, Rivers did good as well even though Booker scored most of his points on him. Gordon in the post was extremely effective for the most part, I doubt Phoenix is going to stop switching so that’s something we should be able to continue to take advantage of. If we can just stay at home on their shooters and not let them get so many uncontested 3s I think we can pull this out. Sometimes those guys in the corners are just going to have to let Jokic figure it out at the rim. Also the weak fouls when they go to shoot have to stop, there were way too many 3 and 4 point opportunities given up because we grazed them as they went up.

And on the injury front, it looks like Will Barton is going to miss game 2 despite having another “really good day” at practice. MPJ apparently tweaked his back in the 2nd quarter and is questionable but should be good to go according to Malone. That’ll be something to keep an eye on.

Comment

• Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

I love the optimism, but if they go down 0-2, its over. Choking just like the Avs. Not a good time to be a Colorado sports fan
                                We still have the Rockies......

Comment

Working...
                                X