Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colorado Avalanche 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Uh wth this trade is awful

    avalanche trade Tyson Barrie and Alexander Kerfoot to Toronto for Nazem Kadri, Calle Rosen and a third-round selection

    I get that Barrie was probably gone next year anyway but what an awful return
    Last edited by Blondie79; 07-01-2019, 05:06 PM.

    Comment


    • Barrie and Kerfoot for a not too productive Center, and a minor league defenseman? We just traded 101 Points for 45 points. Sure Barrie was going to go at the end of the season. But he had more points on Defense than Cadri had as a Center. And Cadri is a dirty player who is likely to account for multiple suspensions. I have no idea what the hell Sakic is thinking.

      Yawn.............
      Last edited by gtown53; 07-01-2019, 05:36 PM.

      Comment


      • I see Varly signed with the isles glad he's not going to be back with the Avs

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
          I see Varly signed with the isles glad he's not going to be back with the Avs
          That makes two of us.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Nathan Rudolph, the YouTube Avs guy, really likes the the Kadri trade, and makes some legitimate points.

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDAXvXz4hIg

            We'll see.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
              Barrie and Kerfoot for a not too productive Center, and a minor league defenseman? We just traded 101 Points for 45 points. Sure Barrie was going to go at the end of the season. But he had more points on Defense than Cadri had as a Center. And Cadri is a dirty player who is likely to account for multiple suspensions. I have no idea what the hell Sakic is thinking.

              Yawn.............

              This is a good trade. Maybe great. And it is extremely equal for both sides.

              Berrie is -3 lets not forget and we have all the guys to replace him. Kerfoot is nothing and disapepars in the playoffs.
              We were desperate for a top 6 Center and after breadman turned us down to go to the rangers, as well as a few other guys we had to make a trade for one. I like it a lot.

              Nez will bring the scoring. Hes a 30pt goal scorer when hes not on the grind line. He brings the attitude that we lack. Also Landy has been suspended more times than he has. The 3rd we get back replaces the 3rd we sent to the caps. So that trade looks even better now. Calle is a high upside kid. I do not think he will ever amount to anything, but he is a high upside kinda guy. Like jarvis Moss was for us. High upside, ultimately didnt amount to anything. but he could be an Elvis instead of a Jarvis.

              Me personally, I would have liked to see more or a different player than Nez, but as I have been saying, when both teams seem to think the other side won the trade you know its pretty good.

              Compher/Nez/Burakovskey (there is potential on that line to be good)
              So far:
              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

              Comment


              • I watched the yotube video that gtown posted and i am a little happier about the trade - Also sakic mentioned that they needed to take care of the guys on the roster currently also and Kadris contract is very team friendly. We shall see how ti plays out

                Comment


                • Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                  This is a good trade. Maybe great. And it is extremely equal for both sides.

                  Berrie is -3 lets not forget and we have all the guys to replace him. Kerfoot is nothing and disapepars in the playoffs.
                  We were desperate for a top 6 Center and after breadman turned us down to go to the rangers, as well as a few other guys we had to make a trade for one. I like it a lot.

                  Nez will bring the scoring. Hes a 30pt goal scorer when hes not on the grind line. He brings the attitude that we lack. Also Landy has been suspended more times than he has. The 3rd we get back replaces the 3rd we sent to the caps. So that trade looks even better now. Calle is a high upside kid. I do not think he will ever amount to anything, but he is a high upside kinda guy. Like jarvis Moss was for us. High upside, ultimately didnt amount to anything. but he could be an Elvis instead of a Jarvis.

                  Me personally, I would have liked to see more or a different player than Nez, but as I have been saying, when both teams seem to think the other side won the trade you know its pretty good.

                  Compher/Nez/Burakovskey (there is potential on that line to be good)
                  Yeah, right. That's what I was reading on reddit.

                  Here are the stats that I came up with comparing Landeskog to Kadri.

                  Gabe - 579 GP - 9 games suspended, $388k in fines.

                  Kadri - 561 GP - 18 games suspended, $470k in fines.

                  That makes Kadri, objectively, a little less than twice as dirty as Gabe, and an NHL Thug.

                  Comment


                  • Avs have signed bednar to a two year extension, like the move I think he's been good for the guys

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
                      Avs have signed bednar to a two year extension, like the move I think he's been good for the guys
                      2 years ago, I was ready to see Bednar gone. Mainly because the Avs finishing 20 points behind the 2nd worst team in the NHL showed that we were a complete and total laughing stock. Bednar got it turned around with an influx of talent. And notwithstanding the Avs getting screwed out of the 1st Pick twice in the past three years, Sakic has done a good job of late in improving the talent level. I just hope we don't go through another December and January like we did last season.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                        2 years ago, I was ready to see Bednar gone. Mainly because the Avs finishing 20 points behind the 2nd worst team in the NHL showed that we were a complete and total laughing stock. Bednar got it turned around with an influx of talent. And notwithstanding the Avs getting screwed out of the 1st Pick twice in the past three years, Sakic has done a good job of late in improving the talent level. I just hope we don't go through another December and January like we did last season.
                        With pretty much all these sports... it's really hard for coaches to come in and implement a different system with a set of guys from a prior system. It takes awhile to acquire the correct players through the draft and trade. This seems the most apparent in the NFL and the NHL. Bednar's system is all about speed and aggression.

                        So- you're starting to see the patience with Bednar pay off, as he places all "his" guys around him.
                        Last edited by Joshua2585; 07-10-2019, 12:40 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                          With pretty much all these sports... it's really hard for coaches to come in and implement a different system with a set of guys from a prior system. It takes awhile to acquire the correct players through the draft and trade. This is seems the most apparent in the NFL and the NHL. Bednar's system is all about speed and aggression.

                          So- you're starting to see the patience with Bednar pay off, as he places all "his" guys around him.
                          Exactly right. That first year, Bednar had the guys from Roy's tenure. And after that he was allowed to bring his own guys in. And just as you point out, the Avs are focused on Youth, Speed, and aggressiveness. The future looks bright.

                          Comment


                          • Avs extended girard 7yr 35m pretty good contract for the avs at 5m a year

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
                              Avs extended girard 7yr 35m pretty good contract for the avs at 5m a year
                              Love it. Now Rantanen please.
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Was super excited for Avs season, but now altitude has been taken off the air in contract dispute, hoping a deal gets done but doesn't seem likely at this point. Will certainly ruin hockey season for me if i cant watch Avs plus nuggets games also gone.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X