Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colorado Avalanche 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lots of opportunities, nothing to show for it after one against LA.

    I just don't see the Av's winning the Stanley Cup with Grubs at goalie and this team not scoring more goals than they have been.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sra84 View Post
      Lots of opportunities, nothing to show for it after one against LA.

      I just don't see the Av's winning the Stanley Cup with Grubs at goalie and this team not scoring more goals than they have been.
      This was an absolutely atrocious home loss.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • What a pathetic loss.

        Absolute garbage performance. All those shots, one goal. Then lose it with less than a minute.

        Sloppy.

        Comment


        • Man injuries are piling up Calvert grub and now mikko our for several weeks again ...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
            Man injuries are piling up Calvert grub and now mikko our for several weeks again ...
            That’s gonna be my concern going into the postseason. This team seems snakebit this year. Possibly just too soft as well.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Av's getting out-muscled by Buffalo. Gave up a soft goal after taking the lead.

              They are a mirror image of the Nuggets. Come out flat, even against lesser opponents.

              Annoying.

              Comment


              • If the Av's come out of this game with any points, they'll be lucky. Sabres are having their way against us.

                Comment


                • Hot streak! Francois has been stupid good for the avs! would be nice to finally have that elite goalie

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
                    Hot streak! Francois has been stupid good for the avs! would be nice to finally have that elite goalie
                    If only St Louis weren’t hotter. I realized yesterday that under this new stupid playoff format the Avs can finish the 2 seed and be screwed with Dallas first round who is the 3 seed.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • I may be nitpicking a bit, but I would like to see us score more than 3 goals. We haven't topped 3 goals in almost a month. I would have thought that should have been easy against a bad Red Wings squad.

                      Anyway, I'm very happy with the win streak and with the play of our goalie.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                        I may be nitpicking a bit, but I would like to see us score more than 3 goals. We haven't topped 3 goals in almost a month. I would have thought that should have been easy against a bad Red Wings squad.

                        Anyway, I'm very happy with the win streak and with the play of our goalie.
                        What does that matter if your defense is allowing less? The goal is to outscore your opponents and they’ve done that 7 straight games.

                        Playoffs aren’t going to be won in the 4-5 goals a game range. That’s a regular season desire.

                        Playoffs will be win in the 3-2 average range.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Seriously?!?! 1 second left in OT?

                          Comment


                          • We never win in OT. It is the weirdest thing. I told my GF right as they got the puck, theres enough time for us to lose this real fast. Boom. We lost.
                            The odd thing is without talent and speed we should dominate in OT. Oh well. We got another point. Lets just keep climbing up the ladder.
                            So far:
                            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                            Comment


                            • Geez Mackinnon out with lower body injury

                              Colin Wilson
                              Matt Calvert
                              Andre Burakovsky
                              Mikko Rantanen
                              Nazem Kadri
                              Cale Makar
                              Philipp Grubauer
                              Nathan MacKinnon?

                              good grief.
                              Last edited by Blondie79; 03-09-2020, 09:19 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                                What does that matter if your defense is allowing less? The goal is to outscore your opponents and they’ve done that 7 straight games.

                                Playoffs aren’t going to be won in the 4-5 goals a game range. That’s a regular season desire.

                                Playoffs will be win in the 3-2 average range.
                                I'm was just saying that I would like to see our offense come out on fire every now and then....put the pressure on the opponent.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X