• Show
Clear All

• Full on choke job.
    sigpic

Comment

• What a pathetic power play.
      sigpic

Comment

• This game has no business going to OT.
        sigpic

Comment

• That’s the series.
          sigpic

Comment

• Series over Avs choked it away what a joke, i just cant see them winning in vegas i am so tired of not making out of the second round
            Last edited by Blondie79; 06-08-2021, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Is this as good as they can be? I wonder what changes they need to make to go further.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                Is this as good as they can be? I wonder what changes they need to make to go further.
                As much as I like bednar, he prolly has to go (all will be forgiven he can get us the next two wins)I feel like when we get in the playoffs we just fall apart, top line has been garbage for last 3 games, saad has been our best player, tho we swept the blues we didn't play well, we could have probably been eliminated alrdy out of round two we just managed to steal a game, we have no real leader, we're soft for the most part. Speed won't win you a Stanley cup especially when your players screw around with the puck in there own zone when they could have just dumped it out. I've never known a team give up so many garbage goals and miss so many easy ones themselves just before stones ot goal jt had wide open net and he pretty much just shot it straight at fluery.

That being said tho I don't think we can win in Vegas after the way we have played (yeah we're better tonight but made stupid mistakes) we still can turn this around.( I have a tiny bit of Hope left, but it ain't much)
                Last edited by Blondie79; 06-08-2021, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post

As much as I like bednar, he prolly has to go (all will be forgiven he can get us the next two wins)I feel like when we get in the playoffs we just fall apart, top line has been garbage for last 3 games, saad has been our best player, tho we swept the blues we didn't play well, we could have probably been eliminated alrdy out of round two we just managed to steal a game, we have no real leader, we're soft for the most part. Speed won't win you a Stanley cup especially when your players screw around with the puck in there own zone when they could have just dumped it out. I've never known a team give up so many garbage goals and miss so many easy ones themselves just before stones ot goal jt had wide open net and he pretty much just shot it straight at fluery.

That being said tho I don't think we can win in Vegas after the way we have played (yeah we're better tonight but made stupid mistakes) we still can turn this around.( I have a tiny bit of Hope left, but it ain't much)
                  I was all on board the blame Bednar train. However for the first time all playoffs he finally made some real quality adjustments last night that gave Vegas fits and the guys didn’t execute well enough.

I don’t know that we can say they aren’t physical enough because I believe they’ve had more hits than Vegas all series.

I could name so many character flaws that had nothing to do with coaching last night.

1. Miko couldn’t get his stick ready for a wide open net after probably the best pass Mac has made all series.
                  2. Mac has played soft all series. That may or may not be coaching.
                  3. You already called out the should’ve been easy goal 10 seconds in that was a flat out bad attempt at a shot.
                  4. The lazy pass out of the zone that had no business being directed back towards the middle of the ice with a defender right there.
                  5. Can’t blame Landy for his pass on the second goal but what a lazy bad effort on the receiving end not being ready for it.
                  6. Last game Niemeth inexplicably stopping next to Grueb and sending a pass right in front of him with a guy right there.
                  7. The team seems to always want to pass when they should shoot or shoot when they should pass. That one might be on Bednar but we seem to always make the wrong decision. Miko had one last night where he beat the defender and pulled Fluery over and the decision should’ve been a pass to a wide open net. But I think he thought the defender stick would stay in the way and he chose a bad angle shot at Fluery instead.

It just seems like despite how good Grueb has been Vegas is elite and finishing off odd man rushes. Either 1 on none or 2 on 1. They make him look silly. But on the other end it seems like the Avs can’t ever beat Fluery in those odd man rushes.

I will say Vegas is top notch at blocking shots before they can even get on Fluery. And I’m not sure what Bednar can do about that. Other than as the announcers said last night start shooting much earlier and forcing Fluery to eliminate rebounds.

I think it’s a mixed bag. Bednar is still a young inexperienced coach at this level that doesn’t seem to be able to prepare for postseason hockey. But I also think players just aren’t executing well.

And outside of last night how do we have so much talent yet seem to never have guys that can win face offs consistently?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

I was all on board the blame Bednar train. However for the first time all playoffs he finally made some real quality adjustments last night that gave Vegas fits and the guys didn’t execute well enough.

I don’t know that we can say they aren’t physical enough because I believe they’ve had more hits than Vegas all series.

I could name so many character flaws that had nothing to do with coaching last night.

1. Miko couldn’t get his stick ready for a wide open net after probably the best pass Mac has made all series.
                    2. Mac has played soft all series. That may or may not be coaching.
                    3. You already called out the should’ve been easy goal 10 seconds in that was a flat out bad attempt at a shot.
                    4. The lazy pass out of the zone that had no business being directed back towards the middle of the ice with a defender right there.
                    5. Can’t blame Landy for his pass on the second goal but what a lazy bad effort on the receiving end not being ready for it.
                    6. Last game Niemeth inexplicably stopping next to Grueb and sending a pass right in front of him with a guy right there.
                    7. The team seems to always want to pass when they should shoot or shoot when they should pass. That one might be on Bednar but we seem to always make the wrong decision. Miko had one last night where he beat the defender and pulled Fluery over and the decision should’ve been a pass to a wide open net. But I think he thought the defender stick would stay in the way and he chose a bad angle shot at Fluery instead.

It just seems like despite how good Grueb has been Vegas is elite and finishing off odd man rushes. Either 1 on none or 2 on 1. They make him look silly. But on the other end it seems like the Avs can’t ever beat Fluery in those odd man rushes.

I will say Vegas is top notch at blocking shots before they can even get on Fluery. And I’m not sure what Bednar can do about that. Other than as the announcers said last night start shooting much earlier and forcing Fluery to eliminate rebounds.

I think it’s a mixed bag. Bednar is still a young inexperienced coach at this level that doesn’t seem to be able to prepare for postseason hockey. But I also think players just aren’t executing well.

And outside of last night how do we have so much talent yet seem to never have guys that can win face offs consistently?
                    After sleeping on it ...

I agree with all your comments, bednar doesn't feat all the blame, people gonna call for him to be fired though if we don't advance I mean it's been a epic meltdown in every way. I don't like changing coaches every couple years or whatever so I would prefer bednar stay I mean he has put the team back on the map after couple bad years.

aa much as I hate Vegas they have a very good team, they do most things well but they also got some good bounces last night and the Avs didn't but the turnovers are what cost us last night, I'm also sick of the refs I know they didn't call much last night but there was blatant holding and interference calls that should have been called on Vegas and not one of them got called. Between refs and announcers they must have millions on Vegas (I'm not blaming the losses on the refs but it hasn't helped anything)

Comment

• Never imagined a week ago Wednesday night we’d be potentially watching them get eliminated tonight. It’s been an atrocious week.

Hopefully they prove us wrong and can pull it out tonight. But over the last decade I can’t think of any road playoff games they’ve won. Seems like they are always letting us down in home games.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Avalanche confirm that Jared Bednar was not at the rink this morning due to an irregularity in his COVID test results. No word yet on if this will affect his status for tonight’s Game 6

uhhh yikes

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
                          Avalanche confirm that Jared Bednar was not at the rink this morning due to an irregularity in his COVID test results. No word yet on if this will affect his status for tonight’s Game 6

uhhh yikes
                          That’s not good. But they better not make us forfeit over contact tracing either.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

That’s not good. But they better not make us forfeit over contact tracing either.
                            He's been cleared to coach tonight thank god

Comment

• Oh look another giveaway in your own dang zone

grub picking the wrong game to let in soft goals too (first one)

thought we played better than Vegas but soft goals and here we are behind again
                              Last edited by Blondie79; 06-10-2021, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Girard and nemeth have been awful this series turnover after turnover. Vegas getting all the bounces too sigh. Just ice the dang puck it isn't that hard grub has not looked good at all either
                                Last edited by Blondie79; 06-10-2021, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X