Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colorado Avalanche 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Avs have traded Ryan Graves to the New Jersey Devils. In exchange Colorado received Mikhail Maltsev and a second-round selection (No. 61 overall, originally NY Islanders).

    good for joe getting something for him we were going to lose him in expansion anyway

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
      The Avs have traded Ryan Graves to the New Jersey Devils. In exchange Colorado received Mikhail Maltsev and a second-round selection (No. 61 overall, originally NY Islanders).

      good for joe getting something for him we were going to lose him in expansion anyway
      I guess that’s good but doesn’t that now open the door to lose someone else quality in the expansion draft?
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

        I guess that’s good but doesn’t that now open the door to lose someone else quality in the expansion draft?
        Yes but that is the point. We will never get a 2nd for Compher or Josty, plus we will get extra cap relief, possibly enough to keep Saad around too. Graves was my favorite player on the avs so it sucks that he is gone, but its better to lose him and get a 2nd and a prospect then lose him to seattle for nothing. It was a pretty brilliant move on Sakics part. Sucks. But good move.
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

        Comment


        • Probably loose jt or donskoi would be my guess, this also helps resign Landy if that's there intention with the cap relief

          Comment


          • Donskoi it is. They need to find a way to resign Landy now or I’m afraid next season will be a bit of a step back.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Cake makar - signed for 6 more years! 54m -9m a year pretty good price for best defensemen in league!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
                Cake makar - signed for 6 more years! 54m -9m a year pretty good price for best defensemen in league!
                And then they drafted Taylor Makar. Very cool.
                sigpic

                Comment

                Working...
                X