No announcement yet.

Colorado Avalanche 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Avs have traded Ryan Graves to the New Jersey Devils. In exchange Colorado received Mikhail Maltsev and a second-round selection (No. 61 overall, originally NY Islanders).

good for joe getting something for him we were going to lose him in expansion anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
      The Avs have traded Ryan Graves to the New Jersey Devils. In exchange Colorado received Mikhail Maltsev and a second-round selection (No. 61 overall, originally NY Islanders).

good for joe getting something for him we were going to lose him in expansion anyway
      I guess that’s good but doesn’t that now open the door to lose someone else quality in the expansion draft?
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

I guess that’s good but doesn’t that now open the door to lose someone else quality in the expansion draft?
        Yes but that is the point. We will never get a 2nd for Compher or Josty, plus we will get extra cap relief, possibly enough to keep Saad around too. Graves was my favorite player on the avs so it sucks that he is gone, but its better to lose him and get a 2nd and a prospect then lose him to seattle for nothing. It was a pretty brilliant move on Sakics part. Sucks. But good move.
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Probably loose jt or donskoi would be my guess, this also helps resign Landy if that's there intention with the cap relief

Comment

• Donskoi it is. They need to find a way to resign Landy now or I’m afraid next season will be a bit of a step back.
            sigpic

Comment

• Cake makar - signed for 6 more years! 54m -9m a year pretty good price for best defensemen in league!

Comment

Cake makar - signed for 6 more years! 54m -9m a year pretty good price for best defensemen in league!
                And then they drafted Taylor Makar. Very cool.
                sigpic

Comment

• And now we resigned landy for 8 years 7m per it seems

Comment

And now we resigned landy for 8 years 7m per it seems
                    I’m surprised they gave him that long at his age. Makes him an Av for life but if his play drops off too much in 5-6 years they may trade him for draft capital. Either way stoked to not just see him walk.
                    sigpic

Comment

• So there's rumors grub is close to signing with kraken if that happens where on earth are we going with goalie position. I mean I wasn't as high on grub as some were but this has been a problem position for the Avs grub was the best from the past few years

edit: nvm it's now a done deal 6yr 5.9mpy he goes to Seattle

Comment

So there's rumors grub is close to signing with kraken if that happens where on earth are we going with goalie position. I mean I wasn't as high on grub as some were but this has been a problem position for the Avs grub was the best from the past few years

edit: nvm it's now a done deal 6yr 5.9mpy he goes to Seattle
                        Yeah that’s a painful loss. Better draft one now.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah that’s a painful loss. Better draft one now.
                          Darcy Kuemper it is, #Avs get G Darcy Kuemper from AZ for D Conor Timmins, a 2022 first-rounder and 2024 conditional third-rounder

Comment

Darcy Kuemper it is, #Avs get G Darcy Kuemper from AZ for D Conor Timmins, a 2022 first-rounder and 2024 conditional third-rounder
                            Seems like a lot for an inconsistent goalie but we will see. He has his flashy games.
                            sigpic

Comment

Seems like a lot for an inconsistent goalie but we will see. He has his flashy games.
                              Hes not inconsistent. He's really really good. His problem is like varly or gru, staying healthy. His stats do not look good but thats because he's been on the yotes and they're terrible. I hate the value of the trade and the fact that keumper is a fa next year and we have to run through this again, but stacked side by side id take him over grubi all things equal.
                              So far:
                              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Working...
                              X