Colorado Avalanche 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Man this team just seems different this year what a comeback tonight v Boston after losing mac early
    I’m not buying any of it until they don’t choke in the second round of the playoffs again.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

I’m not buying any of it until they don’t choke in the second round of the playoffs again.
      Absolutely!! I also don't want them to finish with the best record in the league. Time and again, that means you don't win the championship.

Comment

• Sakic wheelin' and dealin' at the deadline

Coming in (some today, some already earlier this week)
        C Nico Sturm
        D Josh Manson
        F Andrew Cogliano
        F Artturi Lekhonen

Going out:
        F/C Tyson Jost
        D Justin Barron (prospect)
        D Drew Helleson (prospect)
        2023 2nd round pick
        2024 2nd round pick
        2024 5th round pick

Essentially, we traded for a whole bottom six line and a bottom pairing defenseman.

Also, Bo Byram is now practicing with his full contact jersey on so his return seems to be coming up soon.
        Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

• These team is definitely elite but I’m still not buying it until they get past someone physical in the postseason.
          sigpic

Comment

These team is definitely elite but I’m still not buying it until they get past someone physical in the postseason.
            Provided there are no further injuries they should have a fully healthy squad rolling into the playoffs for the first time in a long time

Forwards:
            Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
            Burakovsky-Kadri-Nichushkin
            Lehkonen-Sturm-Compher
            Newhook-Aube Kubel-O'Connor

Defense:
            Makar-Toews
            E. Johnson-Girard
            Manson-Byram

Goalies:
            Kuemper-Francouz

Reserves:
            F Helm
            D Murray, MacDermid, J. Johnson

They'd have to leave one of the reserve defensemen off the playoff roster. Probably Murray since Johnson is the vet and MacDermid sometimes fills in as a fourth line checking forward in addition to being a bottom pairing D.

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post

Provided there are no further injuries they should have a fully healthy squad rolling into the playoffs for the first time in a long time

Forwards:
              Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
              Burakovsky-Kadri-Nichushkin
              Lehkonen-Sturm-Compher
              Newhook-Aube Kubel-O'Connor

Defense:
              Makar-Toews
              E. Johnson-Girard
              Manson-Byram

Goalies:
              Kuemper-Francouz

Reserves:
              F Helm
              D Murray, MacDermid, J. Johnson

They'd have to leave one of the reserve defensemen off the playoff roster. Probably Murray since Johnson is the vet and MacDermid sometimes fills in as a fourth line checking forward in addition to being a bottom pairing D.
              I certainly hope they can do it this year. But they should’ve beaten Vegas last year.
              sigpic

Comment

I certainly hope they can do it this year. But they should’ve beaten Vegas last year.
                They didn't have a goalie, Nazem Kadri, or Erik Johnson against Vegas last year.

Comment

• Avs sure are choosing the wrong time to suck.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Not really, they already have the west locked up. Seems like they're experimenting a little bit, getting Myer some valuable experience (ala Makar after his final collegiate season) and getting Kadri up to speed while Gabe gets healthy. Annunen may get a spot start or two also, to get Kuemper some rest while Francouz figures out the whole puck to the face situation.
                    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                      Not really, they already have the west locked up. Seems like they're experimenting a little bit, getting Myer some valuable experience (ala Makar after his final collegiate season) and getting Kadri up to speed while Gabe gets healthy. Annunen may get a spot start or two also, to get Kuemper some rest while Francouz figures out the whole puck to the face situation.
                      So you don’t think home ice in the finals matters? Because they’ve blown that.
                      sigpic

Comment

So you don’t think home ice in the finals matters? Because they’ve blown that.
                        That depends on who reaches the Finals out of the East, and I like our chances against everyone.
                        sigpic

Comment

That depends on who reaches the Finals out of the East, and I like our chances against everyone.
                          The last time the team that has won the President's trophy won the Stanley Cup was in 2013 Chicago Black Hawks. Since 2000 the Stanley Cup has been won by the home ice team only 4 times ... the 2001 Avalanche was one of them, the Red Wings twice.

The Avalanche could still win home ice if they win out and Panthers lose... doesn't look good though. As you say the Panthers would have to win the east for it to matter too... I don't think history is on their side.
                          sigpic

Comment

• The way we're blowing all these late leads though...hopefully just coasting. Plus we're getting Landeskog back for the playoffs
                            sigpic

Comment

The way we're blowing all these late leads though...hopefully just coasting. Plus we're getting Landeskog back for the playoffs
                              My main concern is this roster of the last decade has been terrible on the road in the postseason. That’s why I wanted to lock up overall Home before coasting. But that ship sailed last night. So now let’s just hope it’s not actually a real concern for just western conference playoffs.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Would have been nice to have Home Ice no matter what. Praying we're not too rusty xoming out of the gates. Losing a series to Duchene this year wiuld be the worst thing ever.

I bought tickets to game 5, haven't been to playoff hockey in the NHL before. Had to sell my tickets to the Tampa Bay game earlier this year because it was postpones. LETS GOOOOO
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X