Colorado Avalanche 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Not really, they already have the west locked up. Seems like they're experimenting a little bit, getting Myer some valuable experience (ala Makar after his final collegiate season) and getting Kadri up to speed while Gabe gets healthy. Annunen may get a spot start or two also, to get Kuemper some rest while Francouz figures out the whole puck to the face situation.
    That may be true, but you can't go into the playoffs on a losing streak like they have. I'm very nervous that this will be a wasted season much like the Nuggets season was........

Comment

• I’m missing this shellacking because the stupid NHL never learns that playoff hockey doesn’t end in 2 1/2 hours when they schedule games that close together. And I don’t have ESPNU as part of my programming.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        I’m missing this shellacking because the stupid NHL never learns that playoff hockey doesn’t end in 2 1/2 hours when they schedule games that close together. And I don’t have ESPNU as part of my programming.
        Same here ... it's ridiculous that they couldn't put it on ESPN3 or move the PIT/NYR game to ESPNU. Where I live the NHL considers it "in market" but I can't watch because of the OT game.
        sigpic

Comment

• I’m close to giving up and going to bed. At this pace the Avs game will be over before this Pens/Rangers game ends.
          sigpic

Comment

• Cale Makar in OT!

Avs up 2-0 heading back to Nashville.

Nashville's kid goalie played completely out of his mind tonight but it wasn't enough.
            Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post
              Cale Makar in OT!

Avs up 2-0 heading back to Nashville.

Nashville's kid goalie played completely out of his mind tonight but it wasn't enough.
              I was starting to get real worried we were going to blow it on some lucky fluke goal due to Grimm being a brick wall for so long. Fortunately Cale was finally able to find some daylight.

I so badly want to head up the 80 miles to Nashville tomorrow but don’t think my wife would appreciate me leaving her with the kids on Mother’s Day weekend.
              sigpic

Comment

• I know playoffs in Denver don’t start until round 2 but I’m kind of disappointed in the low traffic in this thread so far.
                sigpic

Comment

• This season may very likely end in disappointment again if Keumper is done.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    This season may very likely end in disappointment again if Keumper is done.
                    From reports it's not long term or concussion

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post

From reports it's not long term or concussion
                      I saw a pic on Twitter that it appears to have gone above his eyes. So we may have dodged a bullet.

And in other news we went to Nashville and stole a game so I’m stoked for this series. Not that I wasn’t already. Go Avs!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Power play was insane today. And great job by Francouz between the pipes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                          Power play was insane today. And great job by Francouz between the pipes.
                          Yeah he looked a little shakey in the second period but he locked it down in the third.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Keumper is officially out for game 4 with still having swelling around his right eye.
                            sigpic

Comment

• So would it be alright if the Avs dropped this one and don't sweep?
                              Last season they swept and then proceeded to lose to Vegas in 6 games. Maybe it has nothing to do with sweeping and then having to wait too long to play again?
                              The Avs did win the first 2 against Vegas last season then lost 4 straight.
                              I think its best to play hard and win as often as possible. I also hope that the Blues/Wild series goes 7 games to get a winner; maybe they will be wore down, beat up some?
                              But first the Avs need to win this series first.
                              GO AVALANCHE!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                                So would it be alright if the Avs dropped this one and don't sweep?
                                Last season they swept and then proceeded to lose to Vegas in 6 games. Maybe it has nothing to do with sweeping and then having to wait too long to play again?
                                The Avs did win the first 2 against Vegas last season then lost 4 straight.
                                I think its best to play hard and win as often as possible. I also hope that the Blues/Wild series goes 7 games to get a winner; maybe they will be wore down, beat up some?
                                But first the Avs need to win this series first.
                                GO AVALANCHE!
                                The layoff isn’t what got us last year. It was the lack of ability to play physical and handle how physical Vegas was. It’s part of why I’m still not buying this team until they get past the second round.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X