Colorado Avalanche 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post

Burakovsky skates well but he has had many boneheaded defensive plays and he absolutely NEVER knows what to do with the puck on his stick. He just skates around until someone takes it from him. Rarely puts it on net, never makes a tape to tape pass. He's been horrible.

Rantanen and MacKinnon haven't been scoring goals but Burakovsky has been far worse. The Avs are extremely fortunate that Sakic traded for Lehkonen.
    I looked over his stats and you’re right he really was only outstanding the first game of the playoffs.

But I’ve been more frustrated with Rantanen.

Also obviously you would never bench Mac but he’s been extremely frustrating second round where he’s almost always looking to pass instead of shoot and I feel like he’s made the wrong decision on a lot of opportunities.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

I looked over his stats and you’re right he really was only outstanding the first game of the playoffs.

But I’ve been more frustrated with Rantanen.

Also obviously you would never bench Mac but he’s been extremely frustrating second round where he’s almost always looking to pass instead of shoot and I feel like he’s made the wrong decision on a lot of opportunities.
      Maybe Mackinnon is dealing with an injury we don't know about, but I noticed that last night too. When you'd normally see him skate up the boards right around 2 or 3 Blues, he would just dump it off or pass it to the nearest Av.

Rantanen has a lot of assists, just no goals yet. Feel like he'd be more comfortable on the 2nd line with Kadri than up there on the top line right now. Him and Nichuskin could switch then "1st" line would be Nichuskin - MacKinnon - Lehkonen,
      2nd would be Landeskog - Kadri - Rantanen. Probably swap the 1st and 2nd line designations.
      Last edited by Houshmazode; 05-22-2022, 12:03 PM.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

• Who will replace Girard? Jack Johnson?

Wouldnt mind seeing McDermind go out and put Barbashev through the boards!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          Who will replace Girard? Jack Johnson?

Wouldnt mind seeing McDermind go out and put Barbashev through the boards!
          It will likely be Johnson, yes.

Honestly I'd prefer Murray or MacDermid (or playing MacD as a winger) but JJ is the veteran so he'll likely get first crack at it.
          Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

• Binnington has officially been ruled out for the series. While I don’t wish injury upon anyone, if this allows us to command the series and win I won’t apologize.
            sigpic

Comment

• Blues fans are putting out threats on Kadri and some saying the players need to avenge binnington by drawing blood. It could get ugly tomorrow night.

The obnoxious thing is they act like they didn’t already draw blood first.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                Blues fans are putting out threats on Kadri and some saying the players need to avenge binnington by drawing blood. It could get ugly tomorrow night.

The obnoxious thing is they act like they didn’t already draw blood first.
                Unlike last year we got a healthy Eric Johnson, and got Jack Johnson and Kurt Macdemind if they wanna throw some cheap shots.
                Doubt they do anything during this series.
                I remember when Claude Lemieux took out Draper. The Red Wings waited until the following season to go after him.

sigpic

Comment

• We need McDemind to set a tone in this series. Make the Blues wish Girard was still around and not our enforcer. They wanna throw bottles, will throw some fist. Probably not smart in a playoff game but would be fun to watch.

sigpic

Comment

• I didn't like st Louis or there fans before this series and I have lost any respect I had for them now. Police are involved with threats, fans calling for blues to take out makar and Mackinnons knees, a HC who is fueling the fans by saying stupid things and having no comment on the racist threats to kadri. I'm disgusted by the behaviors I have seen on Twitter threads

Need to silence them by kicking there butts on the scoreboard.

Comment

• Newhook in for Burakovsky tonight, Rantanen bumped off the MacKinnon line, JJ in for Girard

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Lehkonen
                      Nichushkin-Kadri-Rantanen
                      Newhook-Compher-Aube-Kubel
                      Cogliano-Helm-O'Connor

Makar-Toews
                      EJ-Byram
                      Manson-JJ
                      Last edited by famicommander; 05-23-2022, 10:40 PM.
                      Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

• Woah what a start to the 2nd for the Avs!

Comment

• And now st Louis getting dirty

Comment

• You knew they were going to go at Kadri. Now I hope the Avs pour it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                              You knew they were going to go at Kadri. Now I hope the Avs pour it on
                              And Kadri pouring salt on that wound

Comment

• Have a night Kadri!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X