• Absolute freaking meltdown.
          sigpic

Comment

• Keumper is absolute garbage
            sigpic

Comment

• What a joke can't win at home ...

Comment

• We may have just blown the series after that. That’s a complete series changing choke job.
                sigpic

Comment

• This team isn't winning the cup, yet again. They may win this series, but this team just doesn't have what it takes to make it to the finals and win it.

Pathetic. Another wasted season.

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                    This team isn't winning the cup, yet again. They may win this series, but this team just doesn't have what it takes to make it to the finals and win it.

Pathetic. Another wasted season.
                    Bit early to be saying that really, I know given history etc but I mean they have only lost two games in the playoffs. They should not have lost tonight but it's not the end of there season yet.

Comment

• The atmosphere was insane at Ball tonight, and it was a great game right until the end of the 3rd.

Feel bad for Mackinnon he put the team on his back tonight and they go and do that. We'll get another win, seems like we play better on the road.
                      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
                        Bit early to be saying that really, I know given history etc but I mean they have only lost two games in the playoffs. They should not have lost tonight but it's not the end of there season yet.
                        Given the poor play at goalie and their tendency to let games slip away, not really. This team has yet to show any resolve in the playoffs.

The Avs have benefitted from having more talented depth so far. That luck will run out eventually.

Like I said, we may win this series. But do I have confidence in them against Edmonton, who will likely make it to the WCF? Not really. Connor McDavid against our goalie? Or if we make to the finals, which will probably be against Tampa Bay? The Lightning are what we should be. Tampa would handle the Avs, easily, in 5 games at the most, given how the Avs are playing at the moment. And I don't see our goalie situation getting better in the next couple of days.

I just watch all these teams and right now, we don't look like we have what it takes to win it all unless they turn it around.

Can they win it all? Yes. Do I think they will? No, not with what I've seen. Our goalie is a liability and our defense can clear the puck in crunch time. And we certainly won't win if we try to sit on a lead from the middle of the second period and on.

Game 6 is a must win.

It is what it is....onto game 6.
                        Last edited by sra84; 05-26-2022, 04:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post

Given the poor play at goalie and their tendency to let games slip away, not really. This team has yet to show any resolve in the playoffs.

The Avs have benefitted from having more talented depth so far. That luck will run out eventually.

Like I said, we may win this series. But do I have confidence in them against Edmonton, who will likely make it to the WCF? Not really. Connor McDavid against our goalie? Or if we make to the finals, which will probably be against Tampa Bay? The Lightning are what we should be. Tampa would handle the Avs, easily, in 5 games at the most, given how the Avs are playing at the moment. And I don't see our goalie situation getting better in the next couple of days.

I just watch all these teams and right now, we don't look like we have what it takes to win it all unless they turn it around.

Can they win it all? Yes. Do I think they will? No, not with what I've seen. Our goalie is a liability and our defense can clear the puck in crunch time. And we certainly won't win if we try to sit on a lead from the middle of the second period and on.

Game 6 is a must win.

It is what it is....onto game 6.
                          Sadly I agree with pretty much all of this. Except that when we do focus and play our game the blues are no match for us.

The issue is in two home games they’ve been unable to sustain that level and lose focus. Last night was the hockey version of a prevent defense and they went to it absurdly early. I think we went some 15ish hockey minutes without even a shot on goal. Which is absurd.

But in net I tried to tell everyone back in the fall that Keumper was not an upgrade over Gruebauer that everyone thought he was. Everyone kept thinking of the Keumper for the wild a decade ago that upset us but he hasn’t been close to that since. People are finally starting to see he’s really no different when the defense breaks down.

I hope he comes out and proves me wrong in game 6 but I’m obviously going to be paranoid about it the next two days.

I do think we are capable of winning it all even over Tampa but the issue right now is a mental block of trying to get past the second round. If we can get out of this series we may see a weight lifted.

Tampa does worry me though because they know they can do it. We have to prove to ourselves we can.
                          sigpic

Comment

• The bottom line is the Avs get lazy, sloppy and complacent. That is what happened last night. That is what they have done over the last few years. That's why, despite the talent, they haven't yet made it past the second round and not yet hoisted the Cup.

It's one thing to lose to a better team. It's one thing to have a bad game, start to finish, here and there. It's one thing to have the puck bounces or calls go against you.

It's another when you jump out to an early lead, at home, against a team with their backup goalie, with a chance to clinch the series, and then get lazy, sloppy and complacent. Last night was inexcusable. After what Kadri did in game 4 and the momentum they had carried over to start last night, and McKinnon finally showing up, they mailed it in, starting in the second period. Last night showed why I have my doubts about them finally winning the Cup. There is no grit, no determination, no sense of urgency. They get lazy, sloppy and complacent....that's not what championship teams do.

Peolpe say it's only their second loss. That's not the point. It's how they lost. It was pathetic. It was embarrassing. It's the sign of a team that doesn't have a champion's desire. That's my issue.

Game 6 will tell us exactly what this team is made of.

Comment

• I understand where you all are coming from.

I'm most upset that it was a waste of not just Mackinnon's great play, but what could have been an iconic goal.

That all said... perhaps they needed a loss like this to learn not to go into 'prevent' defense for more than half the game... and also then suck at said defense.

If you're going to learn lessons, game 5 with a 3-1 lead is about as good a time as any to do so.

But that's literally just me hoping.

Comment

• I just want to say that you Avs fans (and I am one as well), are lucky to have such a great team, even though they did not close the deal last night.

Nathan MacKinnon is easily one of the top forwards in the game, and this is not because of that one incredible rush last night. As well, you have one of the best young players at D, in Makar. Few teams have such talent in those positions, and few teams can match The Avs overall. I expect them to win this series, though it might take 7 games. Husso kept The Blues in the game, and they came on strong in the 3rd. That was on The Avs as well, for taking their foot off the pedal and playing a defensively cautious game.

I know it goes beyond this year, but have faith. So much talent. They are still ranked right at the top in my books.

But OMG....what a goal by NM!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X