No announcement yet.

Colorado Avalanche 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We look pathetic tonight turnovers; can’t clear pucks, penalties and we look slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
      We look pathetic tonight turnovers; can’t clear pucks, penalties and we look slow
      I don’t think we look slow. Just bad defensive turnovers and bad goaltending.
      sigpic

Comment

• Sometimes your the hammer, sometimes your the nail.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

I don’t think we look slow. Just bad defensive turnovers and bad goaltending.
          In the defensive zone they ain’t getting to the puck is what I mean .. looked lazy

Comment

In the defensive zone they ain’t getting to the puck is what I mean .. looked lazy
            Agreed with that. But some bad passes as well. But we knew the champs would come out swinging. I just thought we might lose like 3-1 or 4-2. Not look like we don’t belong.
            sigpic

Comment

Agreed with that. But some bad passes as well. But we knew the champs would come out swinging. I just thought we might lose like 3-1 or 4-2. Not look like we don’t belong.
              Agreed, i new we wouldn’t win every game but losing this way sucks. I didn’t feel good going into this game with the injuries and being on the road to a team who got embarrassed last game

Comment

• We looked so focused until the first Tampa goal. Then we seemed to fall apart. It would be good if we could finish strongly so as to carry some momentum into the next game.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                  We looked so focused until the first Tampa goal. Then we seemed to fall apart. It would be good if we could finish strongly so as to carry some momentum into the next game.
                  There’s been better effort in the third but that’s probably more just Tampa being less aggressive offensively.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Thing for me is without those turnovers this game would have been close - and we'll kuemper can't make a save when his defense is not on top form

Comment

Thing for me is without those turnovers this game would have been close - and we'll kuemper can't make a save when his defense is not on top form
                      Right game 2 was all defensive game with very little Keumper had to do.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Feel like you got to start Frankie in game 4 kuemper just isn't good enough - I don't know if Frankie is either but at this point you have to find out

Comment

• Here we go again....lazy, sloppy, complacent.

What utter garbage. Pathetic. Had a chance to bury Tampa but no, Avs take their foot off and go back to doing the same stupid things they've done over the last few years. Disgusting

Game 4 is now must win...otherwise the choke-job is on...again.

This team knows how to ruin a good thing.

Complete embarrassment....
                          Last edited by sra84; 06-20-2022, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                            Here we go again....lazy, sloppy, complacent.

What utter garbage. Pathetic. Had a chance to bury Tampa but no, Avs take their foot off and go back to doing the same stupid things they've done over the last few years. Disgusting

Game 4 is now must win...otherwise the choke-job is on...again.

This team knows how to ruin a good thing.

Complete embarrassment....
                            Gee I wouldn't quite go that far, yes it was a bad game but it was never going to be that easy it's the Stanley cup finals ... you can't expect them to win every single game of the series, it was never going to really happen. Tampa wasnt just gonna come home and roll over so the Avs can not lose a game.
                            Last edited by Blondie79; 06-20-2022, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• The knee jerk reactions from some fair weather Avs fans is quite embarrassing.

Sure it was a bad game. But it’s just 1 game. We aren’t fully healthy. It doesn’t mean the series is over and Tampa will win.

Why on earth do fans even think that way? If that’s how things worked then why would it not mean Tampa would get cakewalked after game 2? That was a worse performance for them. But they shook it off and bounced back. We 100% can too.
                              sigpic

Comment

The knee jerk reactions from some fair weather Avs fans is quite embarrassing.

Sure it was a bad game. But it’s just 1 game. We aren’t fully healthy. It doesn’t mean the series is over and Tampa will win.

Why on earth do fans even think that way? If that’s how things worked then why would it not mean Tampa would get cakewalked after game 2? That was a worse performance for them. But they shook it off and bounced back. We 100% can too.
                                Fairweather/Bandwagon fan here...

It's just 1 game.

A sweep would have been amazing, but was always going to be a stretch.

Series doesn't start until someone breaks serve.

We didn't play to our best potential, and the Lightning took advantage of every bad bounce, it felt.

I'll panic when our backs are against the wall.

Comment

Working...
                                X