Colorado Avalanche 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    The knee jerk reactions from some fair weather Avs fans is quite embarrassing.

Sure it was a bad game. But it’s just 1 game. We aren’t fully healthy. It doesn’t mean the series is over and Tampa will win.

Why on earth do fans even think that way? If that’s how things worked then why would it not mean Tampa would get cakewalked after game 2? That was a worse performance for them. But they shook it off and bounced back. We 100% can too.
    It's how this team makes the same stupid mistakes over and over. They let Tampa dictate the pace, they get lazy and sloppy. You think Tampa is that much better to do what they did last night? No. The Avs just played like total garbage with a chance to put their foot on Tampa's throat. Now Tampa has life and we're hoping injured guys can save us while figuring out who to start at goalie.

And fair weather fan my you know what....I've been with this team through the highs and lows, so stick that accusation somewhere else. Calling out the Avs for that pathetic performance is what a die-hard fan does. I give them credit for when they play well and criticize them when they play horribly.

Bottom line, Avs have to win game 4. Injuries, goalie situation, as well their tendecncy to get, that's right....lazy, sloppy and complacent....makes it harder to have to win 2 out of 3 than just 1.

Game 4 will tell us if this team is Stanley Cup Champion worthy.
    Last edited by sra84; 06-21-2022, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• I'm hoping we use Francouz the rest of the way. Kuemper just hasn't been the same since he got the stick in the eye. Seemed real slow last night.

The rest of the team played like crap too and didn't give much energy.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post

It's how this team makes the same stupid mistakes over and over. They let Tampa dictate the pace, they get lazy and sloppy. You think Tampa is that much better to do what they did last night? No. The Avs just played like total garbage with a chance to put their foot on Tampa's throat. Now Tampa has life and we're hoping injured guys can save us while figuring out who to start at goalie.

And fair weather fan my you know what....I've been with this team through the highs and lows, so stick that accusation somewhere else. Calling out the Avs for that pathetic performance is what a die-hard fan does, especially one that knows that the Avs are obviously better than that.

Bottom line, Avs have to win game 4. Injuries, goalie situation, as well their tendecncy to get, that's right....lazy, sloppy and complacent....makes it harder to have to win 2 out of 3 than just 1.

I take it you haven’t been on Twitter. Because Vic Lombardis feed was full of fans saying Lightning in 6 and we won’t win again. Over 1 bad loss.

And honestly you assumed I was talking to you even though I didn’t quote you but alot of your post was similar. So if the shoe fits wear it.

It was 1 bad game. That’s it. It can be fixed. It’s not automatically the Vegas series all over. Fans have on Twitter reacted the same way after the embarrassing game 2 loss to the Blues and the Game 5 choke job to the blues. But then they won 7 straight games. So yes it just needs to be left alone as 1 bad game. Same as what Tampa was able to do after game 2.
        sigpic

Comment

• Just start Francouz. They'll be fine. They still significantly out-shot the Lightning. They just made several huge mental errors on defense and Kuemper was letting beach balls get by him.

It would be really nice if they got Kadri or Burakovsky back, though.
          Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

And fair weather fan my you know what....I've been with this team through the highs and lows, so stick that accusation somewhere else. Calling out the Avs for that pathetic performance is what a die-hard fan does. I give them credit for when they play well and criticize them when they play horribly.

You mean like game 2 told us TBL's worthiness? Even if we lose the next one, all it tells us is 2-2.

It came down to game 7 with the defending champ Devils back in 2001 and it might require 7 games again, but we aren't at the precipice yet. Lightning have been champs for a reason and they are showing it which is good! I want an epic fight! GO AVS!!!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• It wasn't a game that the Avs lost to a team more talented than themselves. It wasn't a close loss, where they got simply got outplayed and the lucky bounces went Tampa's way. It was mistake after mistake, turnover after turnover, foolish decision after foolish decision, compounded with our biggest flaw, goalie, rearing it's ugly head yet again, that handed Tampa a free win.

2, if not all 3, of their losses this post-season are games they give away.

They can not afford to hand games to Tampa. They do it again, the Cup drought will get another year longer.

How else can they play so effectively in a 7-0 win then play so putrid in a 6-2 loss?

Lazy.....sloppy.....complacent.

The Avs not only have the ability to win the Cup, but are also the ones who are their own biggest obstacle in winning the Cup when they show up and play like they did last night.

Comment

It wasn't a game that the Avs lost to a team more talented than themselves. It wasn't a close loss, where they got simply got outplayed and the lucky bounces went Tampa's way. It was mistake after mistake, turnover after turnover, foolish decision after foolish decision, compounded with our biggest flaw, goalie, rearing it's ugly head yet again, that handed Tampa a free win.

2, if not all 3, of their losses this post-season are games they give away.

They can not afford to hand games to Tampa. They do it again, the Cup drought will get another year longer.

How else can they play so effectively in a 7-0 win then play so putrid in a 6-2 loss?

Lazy.....sloppy.....complacent.

The Avs not only have the ability to win the Cup, but are also the ones who are their own biggest obstacle in winning the Cup when they show up and play like they did last night.
                Don’t disagree. What I do disagree with is the assumption that play will continue and can’t be corrected. It’s been corrected in prior series it can be again.

If we get curb stomped again tomorrow I’ll be a bit more concerned. But it’s still not a catastrophe until they win in Denver. If that happens then it’s series over.
                sigpic

Comment

• I thought makar was gonna get snubbed again.. makar is your Norris winner!

Comment

• The first of many I'm sure. Makar is why I have no fear about the outcome of this series. We're gonna be fine because Cale's gonna make it fine.

Comment

• kadri may play tonight! Game time decision Also looks like kuemper getting the start tho not confirmed

looks like kadri is indeed playing tonight though he will not be taking face offs via report
                      Last edited by Blondie79; 06-22-2022, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Avalanche line rushes:

Lehkonen-MacKinnon-Rantanen
                        Landeskog-Kadri-Nichushkin
                        Newhook-Compher-O'Connor
                        Cogliano-Sturm-Helm

Toews-Makar
                        J. Johnson-Manson
                        Byram-E. Johnson

Kuemper

Landeskog on the second line gives Kadri a good faceoff guy to play with. Per Peter Baugh

Comment

• Compher back on the third line is huge. He's a dead average 2C, but he's one of the best 3Cs in the NHL.

Comment

• I really like the line combos tonight

Comment

• 4-2 Avs. We got this.

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                                4-2 Avs. We got this.
                                Definitely feeling confident. The return of Kadri (even if he can't play many minutes) is such a psychological boost for the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X