No announcement yet.

Colorado Avalanche 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tampa coach whining about a slow change that left 6 Avs skaters on the ice. Declines to mention that the Bolts had 7:
    Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post
      Tampa coach whining about a slow change that left 6 Avs skaters on the ice. Declines to mention that the Bolts had 7:
      Yup also wasn't whining about it last year when it benefitted him v islanders this happens lie 20 times a game - and that the first goal tonight probably should not have counted - my guess is trying to get him some calls on Friday ...

Comment

• You have to be kidding me. This literally happens almost every single time a puck is cleared in the zone. The bench always hops on before players hop off. But it’s always allowed as long as they get off the ice. This is just classic sore loser.
        sigpic

Comment

• What was Stamkos trying to do here...!

https://twitter.com/WestCoastMike69/...R_--T_PXnMhnXw

Comment

• I tell you what I haven’t been this excited for a sporting event since January 2016. I mean maybe for the Auburn basketball final four game in 2018 but not really. I always love my Colorado sports teams more.

I love that it’s a weekend game too. I really hope they come out and foot stomp the title and don’t let it go back to Tampa on a work night.
            sigpic

Comment

• That was awesome. Great so see Kadri come back, play well and then get the OT winner.

As far as the too many men on the ice thing, the nhl has a rule stating that if the player leaving the ice is within 5 feet of the bench while the other player gets onto the ice, then there is no penalty and the player leaving the ice is off the ice.

GO AVS GO

Would be nice to finally see us win a series at home.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

• I mean, Kadri entered the zone 1 on 3 anyway. Even if it were too many men it clearly didn't impact the goal.

Comment

• Cooper is just looking for someone to blame and to influence refs when Avs play at home, they tried to slow them down with slushy ice but Avs still prevailed.

Comment

• Also noticed how nobody is talking about how Kuemper had his mask slashed off on that first goal. Not sure why people just get free whacks at Darcy's face with the blade of their stick all postseason long.

Kuemper's eye still looks weird from that Nashville series, watching the postgame presser. I wonder if he'll have some kind of surgery in the offseason.

Comment

Also noticed how nobody is talking about how Kuemper had his mask slashed off on that first goal. Not sure why people just get free whacks at Darcy's face with the blade of their stick all postseason long.

Kuemper's eye still looks weird from that Nashville series, watching the postgame presser. I wonder if he'll have some kind of surgery in the offseason.
                      I saw some idiot on Twitter try to claim the puck hit and knocked his mask off. Not sure where he got that idea. They showed the replay a ton and it was very clearly a stick to the mask that knocked it off.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

I saw some idiot on Twitter try to claim the puck hit and knocked his mask off. Not sure where he got that idea. They showed the replay a ton and it was very clearly a stick to the mask that knocked it off.
                        He took a puck to the face in the sequence just prior, where he sprawled out on his belly making a save. But no, that's not what led to the mask coming off. It was the blade of a stick, plain as day.

Comment

He took a puck to the face in the sequence just prior, where he sprawled out on his belly making a save. But no, that's not what led to the mask coming off. It was the blade of a stick, plain as day.
                          Yeah he was trying to claim the puck broke the buckle and it was already lose and coming off and the stick was coincidence.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

Yeah he was trying to claim the puck broke the buckle and it was already lose and coming off and the stick was coincidence.
                            I mean, the stick to the face should be a slashing/high sticking penalty regardless of whether or not the mask comes off.

Comment

I mean, the stick to the face should be a slashing/high sticking penalty regardless of whether or not the mask comes off.
                              Yep and or goalie interference.

Cooper apologized today, but sort of double-downed on the missed call at the same time.

Here's a video of the Lightning scoring with extra guys on the ice last year.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Yep and or goalie interference.

Cooper apologized today, but sort of double-downed on the missed call at the same time.

Here's a video of the Lightning scoring with extra guys on the ice last year.
                                Winning back to back titles gave him/them a little hubris. They are getting beat up and outskated at the same time so the tantrums are starting to arise. Hopefully it ends tomorrow and they can sulk all off season.

Comment

Working...
                                X