Colorado Avalanche 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post

Lol it's a wasted opportunity, hardly a choke job at this point if they lose in 7 then yeah ...
    They choked tonight...big time. It was a wasted opportunity. The gave Tampa life.

I don't understand how this team looks so out of sorts with a chance to clich the Cup. This team has mental hurdles that they can't seem to overcome.

Talented as they are, they are the most lazy, sloppy championship contending team I have seen. They must win game 6 because if it goes to 7, they will lose.

Tonight was a flipping disgrace.

Comment

• Hmm nichushkin and JT might be hurt they were on carts getting X-rays after game apparantly

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
        Here we go again. The choke is on....pathetic.

They must win game 6...because they will lose game 7.....disgusting.
        The Facts:

1) Avs are 3-2
        2) They've already won in Tampa

That's hardly cause for doom and gloom at this point.

Tonight was not a rout, it was a battle. I expected that —the defending champs have their backs against the wall and are playing with desperation. You're acting like the Lightning sucks and there's no excuse for not steam rolling them. And though Vasilevsky had a bad night on game 2. he is the best goalie in the last 20 years —hard to score on when he's on his game. Despite the loss, it was mostly a good game (except the reffing).
        Last edited by L.M.; 06-24-2022, 09:21 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
          A disappointment but we were really close and still have 2 more chances.
          Exactly!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• People can spin this any way they want.

Doesn't change the fact that this team shows up unprepared. Doesn't change the fact they haven't been the same since the 7-0 blowout win.

They were a mess in game 3, barely got by in game 4, and were a shell of themselves, playing scared and getting pushed around in a possible Cup clinching game 5.

Tampa has adjusted, the Avs have not. If they don't, I have no faith that this team can avoid the worst collapse imaginable.

They must win game 6. They will not win game 7.

I'll believe they have what it takes if they hoist the Cup. Until then, I will not put blind faith into a team that underperforms in crucial moments.

Tonight was an abject failure....a disgrace for a supposed championship worthy team. There is no excuse for them losing this game. Pathetic.....absolutely pathetic. They should be embarrassed and ashamed for such a poor showing.

Comment

• There is a noticable difference between games 1 and 2, and games 3, 4, and 5.

In the first 2 games, Avs jumped out and dominated early. They had Tampa pressing from the get-go.

Last 3 games, Tampa put the Avs on their heels early. It's why they have won 2 out if the last 3 and could have just as easily won game 4. Tampa is pushing the Avs around.

The Avs have to make some kind of adjustment. They have to get some leadership from their coach and captain. They need their stars to step up. It's absurd they couldn't get up for last night, at home, coming off the Kadri game winner. I don't get it. They took the momentum from Tampa and just gave it back.

We can mock Cooper all we want for his whining but he's won two Cups. He gets his team to rally when it's on the line. He's made the changes that have put Tampa in control the last 3 games.

If the Avs can't get it right for game 6, just like they couldn't for game 5, seriously, what makes anyone think they'll be able to for a game 7?

Now, they have to go play on that crummy ice in Tampa. This series should have never gotten past last night. The Lightning are surging and the Avs are choking....the last 3 games show that. The Avs must win game 6....they must show this resolve I hear about. They need to come out and score early and often....it's their only shot and ending the series and taking the Cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

The Facts:

1) Avs are 3-2
                2) They've already won in Tampa

That's hardly cause for doom and gloom at this point.

Tonight was not a rout, it was a battle. I expected that —the defending champs have their backs against the wall and are playing with desperation. You're acting like the Lightning sucks and there's no excuse for not steam rolling them. And though Vasilevsky had a bad night on game 2. he is the best goalie in the last 20 years —hard to score on when he's on his game. Despite the loss, it was mostly a good game (except the reffing).
                Wrong. I'm RE-acting to the pathetic performance by the Avs who were at home with a chance to win the series.

I don't know what you are watching, but Tampa has been the better team the last 3 games. They made changes after game 2. The Avs have done nothing but sit on their hands and hope their talent and depth is good enough.

I didn't say the Lightning weren't good. I'm saying the Avs are playing like the Lightning aren't good. They show no adjustments to what Tampa is doing. They showed no energy going into last night after a huge win in game 4. They think just showing up is enough and they are just banking on their talent being enough....and guess what, it's not. They need to take a different approach.

The Avs scored 11 goals (5.5 gpg) in the first 2 games. Only 7 (2.33) the last 3 games. The offense is struggling. Tampa has stifled them since game 2. And there has been no changes to the Avs offensive gameplan. That's why this series is in doubt.

If they couldn't get up for last night, to win the Cup at home, it's not unreasonable to have doubts they won't for game 6 or a game 7 if gets to it.

Like it or not, the Avs are the ones reeling right now. It's sad the fans were more ready than the players were last night. And yes, I am questioning the heart, passion and desire of this team. Tampa has looked like the team that wants it more over the last 3 games. The Avs are getting lazy, sloppy and complacent.....again. If they don't snap out of it, they will blow their best chance at a championship.

I'd say I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but given the lack of adjustments, lack of contributions from our star players, the lack of intensity and energy on the Avs, and quite frankly, the lack of leadership from our coach and captain, it's possible there won't even be a parade.

The Avs can prove me wrong in game 6. If they do, I welcome it. I want them to be what everyone claims they can be. But that doesn't mean I'm going to sugar-coat the problems they have. Eventually, there will be no next game....they have to get the job done at some point. The 3-2 series lead doesn't mean anything, except that the Avs haven't won anything yet.

Win one more game.

Win game 6.

Win......game.....6......
                Last edited by sra84; 06-25-2022, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Man you literally jump straight off a cliff every time they lose.
                  sigpic

Comment

• And I'm sick of hearing the repeated lie that "the better team lost."

I have never, or will ever, believe that lie.

If you were the better team, you would have won. Simple as that.

Tampa has been better in 2 of the last 3 games. They were last night.

If the Avs were the better team last night, this series would be over already.

Enough of that lie. It's not true.

Comment

• Jt and choo choo both got checked out but should be good to go - burky is traveling with team and is a possiblity to play

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
                        Jt and choo choo both got checked out but should be good to go - burky is traveling with team and is a possiblity to play
                        Unfortunately I’m not sure it will matter because it sounds like they may be getting Brayden Point back and he’s a bigger boost to them than Burky is to us

Obviously we want to be fully healthy period and we don’t want them getting point back and us still not be healthy. But I’m paranoid.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

Unfortunately I’m not sure it will matter because it sounds like they may be getting Brayden Point back and he’s a bigger boost to them than Burky is to us

Obviously we want to be fully healthy period and we don’t want them getting point back and us still not be healthy. But I’m paranoid.
                          Point will not play tonight

Not sure burky will play either, was at morning skate for all of 1 minute then went to dressing room so doesn't look good but guess we'll see in few hours
                          Last edited by Blondie79; 06-26-2022, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• Uh bednar also said they are hoping nichuskin will play he has a pretty bad limp - looking pretty banged up right now
                            Last edited by Blondie79; 06-26-2022, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• Avs gonna lock it up tonight.

Every series win since 2008 for them has been clinched on the road.
                              Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                                Avs gonna lock it up tonight.

Every series win since 2008 for them has been clinched on the road.
                                Well I hope so!

Comment

Working...
                                X