Colorado Avalanche 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
    I'm never going to get any sleep tonight I'm to wired.
    Horrible night sleep but ecstatic night sleep at the same time. I tried taking melatonin around 11:20 my time. Probably still didn’t fall asleep until after midnight. For awhile it felt like taking meds didn’t matter. Then I only slept till 3:15 and woke up way too excited. Took until almost 5 to fall asleep again and now I’m late for work lol.
    sigpic

Comment

• Just saw they were +30 in goal differential, the next best team was +6.......talk about domination . Had some great bartenders in the place we watched the game here in Florida. They bought us a couple of rounds after the game was over. And as luck would have it, we leave on Wednesday and the parade is on Thursday!!! I remember the 1st parade and have no doubt this one will make it seem small.

Comment

• I gotta say as much as I lost a lot of respect for specific Tampa players and Cooper I was super impressed by the classy Tampa fanbase last night. I couldn’t believe how many stayed for the entire trophy ceremony for another team on their home ice. I’d have been out of there immediately after the clock hit 0. Classy stuff Tampa.
        sigpic

Comment

• The Avs are certainly well positioned to remain a contender for some time. They have all the pieces, including a couple of super talented, very young Dmen - Makar and Byram. And as a unit, they are very fast and skilled, and they have what it takes to win, in all situations.

Happy for Joe Sakic, a great player, and now a Stanley Cup winning GM. His decisions and actions were extremely important and helped make this team as successful as it has now become.

Comment

• Lol Mac said he was going to get fat as s*** now so he may not be in good enough shape for a repeat.
            sigpic

Comment

• Excellent read on Mackinnon

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...-cup-champions
              sigpic

Comment

• Hardly got any sleep still feels surreal!

Comment

• Thanks for that article DB, you can definitely see his maturity this year, seems like he is more of a leader than people realize

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
                    Hardly got any sleep still feels surreal!
                    This was me, too. I'm still jacked up! That said, I'll probably hit the wall tonight like a little kid sometime around 8:30 MST.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      Lol Mac said he was going to get fat as s*** now so he may not be in good enough shape for a repeat.
                      That's a good read. Hopefully he decided to stay after next season and gives us a decent deal...

104.3 was talking about how the Nuggets / Avs practice facilities were worse than what a lot of area high schoolers and middle schoolers have to train in, amd that now that the Avs won Kroenke better build them their own. It is definitely time.

:lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                      sigpic

Comment

• Today has been a great day at work. Wore my Mac jersey and also hung my Avs T-shirt over my office door. Actually got the attention of a fellow Avs fan where neither of us knew each other beforehand. Great to meet a fellow fan in Alabama.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Nichuskins foot was so swollen he couldn't get his skate on, medical team had to help him in his skate, after that it was just a pain tolerance - what a warrior

Click image for larger version

Name:	71AFB51E-50C8-43F4-9873-5322FF0BAAF2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	8419693

Comment

• Longest tenured player in Colorado (Avalanche, Nuggets, Mammoth, Broncos, Rapids, Rockies) sports.
                            Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                              I guess with Girard hurt, the Avs felt they have to play Makar. He's looking good, early with his zone entry and PP Quarterbacking. And then, Makar scores. Looks like he's going to be a good one.
                              He might be.
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post

He might be.
                                Haha I was very confused for a bit and then realized you dug up a very old post to quote. Good stuff. Feel bad Girard missed so much of the postseason though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X