No announcement yet.

Colorado Avalanche 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for my hats which won't ship till July 15th I think and puck/shot glass worn shop till closer till end of July

actually just checked my fanatics order and hats just shipped out today - didn't get a notice either

Comment

• I've seen a report going around that Josh Manson wants to go back to Anaheim and didn't even want traded in the first place since his family is settled in there. That sucks if true but I guess it leaves a little more room to bring back one or all of Kadri, Nichuskin and Burakovsky.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

• Tampa just got significantly worse. Traded McDonagh for two busted Preds prospects and didn't even clear much cap space doing it.
        Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

• Cogliano resigned 1 year 1.25m he was decent glad he coming back

Comment

• Excellent news. Hopefully Helm returns as well and they can keep that O'Connor/Helm/Cogliano fourth line together all season. They were monsters in the playoffs.

Comment

• Woohoo! Cogliano is a good guy to have around. He gets under the opponents' skin and is a pretty good penalty killer. Definitely would like to see Helm return.
              sigpic

Comment

• There are talks of teams going as high as $10M per for 6-8 years on Kadri. No way the Avs can or should match that. Love Kadri but if that's what it will take to keep him, they have to move on.

But it could mean they can bring back Kuemper, Manson, and Nichushkin without having to trade Girard. Lehkonen is a restricted free agent so he ain't going anywhere. Still probably have to let Burakovsky walk.

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                  There are talks of teams going as high as $10M per for 6-8 years on Kadri. No way the Avs can or should match that. Love Kadri but if that's what it will take to keep him, they have to move on.

But it could mean they can bring back Kuemper, Manson, and Nichushkin without having to trade Girard. Lehkonen is a restricted free agent so he ain't going anywhere. Still probably have to let Burakovsky walk.
                  Manson supposedly said he'd take a discount to stay in Anaheim. Have heard that Nichuskin and Kuemper are priority.

It seems like Kadri is gone. My guess is Seattle or Boston.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post

Manson supposedly said he'd take a discount to stay in Anaheim. Have heard that Nichuskin and Kuemper are priority.

It seems like Kadri is gone. My guess is Seattle or Boston.
                    If Manson is gone they definitely keep Girard and then probably try to get JJ or Ryan Murray back on one more vet minimum one year deal to be the 7th or 8th guy alongside Dermy.
                    Makar-Toews
                    Byram-Girard
                    EJ-rookie/JJ/MacDermid/Murray

If they're going to lose Kadri, Burakovsky, and Manson it means they can probably bring everybody else back and maybe even bring back a name like Stastny. Or they could go big and try JT Miller, but to do so they might have to move Girard or Compher's contracts.

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post

If Manson is gone they definitely keep Girard and then probably try to get JJ or Ryan Murray back on one more vet minimum one year deal to be the 7th or 8th guy alongside Dermy.
                      Makar-Toews
                      Byram-Girard
                      EJ-rookie/JJ/MacDermid/Murray

If they're going to lose Kadri, Burakovsky, and Manson it means they can probably bring everybody else back and maybe even bring back a name like Stastny. Or they could go big and try JT Miller, but to do so they might have to move Girard or Compher's contracts.
                      Stastny would be kinda cool but he's kinda washed. Would still need a 2nd line center if we added him. I would be fine with JT Miller for a one year rental.
                      sigpic

Comment

Stastny would be kinda cool but he's kinda washed. Would still need a 2nd line center if we added him. I would be fine with JT Miller for a one year rental.
                        Stastny scored over 20 goals last season for the first time since 2013-2014. He's not as dynamic of a passer as he once was but he's still a solid two way guy that can bury goals. I could easily see him as the 3C which would push Compher back to the wing where he's more comfortable. I'd put Rantanen as 2C if we can't get Miller or Kadri. Time for Newhook to step up into the top six anyway.

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Nichushkin
                        Lekhonen-Rantanen-Newhook
                        Compher-Stastny-Sedlak (or Aube-Kubel, Sturm, Meyers, Kaut, Ranta, etc)
                        O'Connor-Helm-Cogliano

Toews-Makar
                        Byram-Girard
                        EJ-JJ

Kuemper
                        Francouz

Comment

• Schedule released. I may have to get up to Nashville for games this year. They play Black Friday at 1 so I should be off then and again a month later on Friday the 23rd leading into Xmas weekend so should be off for that too.
                          sigpic

Comment

• We'll see tomorrow if Sakic trades the negotiating rights to any of the pending free agents for picks.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status...5_L96d0DA&s=19

I guess that means Kuemper is gone.

Georgiev looked pretty good last season, basically like having 2 Francouz on the roster.
                              sigpic

Comment

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status...5_L96d0DA&s=19

I guess that means Kuemper is gone.

Georgiev looked pretty good last season, basically like having 2 Francouz on the roster.
                                Avs have wanted him for a while, has upside and kuemper must have wanted to much im glad we are not overpaying but I still don't feel super hot about goalie yet again (right now anyway)

Comment

Working...
                                X