Colorado Avalanche 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Choo choo has re signed with the Avs wooohoo 8 years tho! Interested to see what the Numbers are

Nichushkin is 8x$6.125M on his extension in COL

that's a lot of $$ especially at 8 years
    I think it's worth it. Wonder if we'll see a Mackinnon extension before Lekhonen.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

• Wow I’m stoked they locked him up that long. That’s amazing. That’s we’re back paying you for a Stanley cup similar to what elway did with Von and DT.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        Wow I’m stoked they locked him up that long. That’s amazing. That’s we’re back paying you for a Stanley cup similar to what elway did with Von and DT.
        Not at all. This is actually pretty much fair market value for Nichushkin. He would've gotten 7 million for 7 years on the open market, maybe even more. The Penguins just signed Rickard Rakell, a vastly inferior winger compared to Nichushkin, for 6 years at 5 million per.

If anything Nichushkin did us a favor.

The deal is actually pretty team friendly too in that it's quite frontloaded. Most of the money is in the first three years so five years from now the contract will look much better (and the cap will have gone up by ~10 million bucks by then, at least).
        Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post

Not at all. This is actually pretty much fair market value for Nichushkin. He would've gotten 7 million for 7 years on the open market, maybe even more. The Penguins just signed Rickard Rakell, a vastly inferior winger compared to Nichushkin, for 6 years at 5 million per.

If anything Nichushkin did us a favor.

The deal is actually pretty team friendly too in that it's quite frontloaded. Most of the money is in the first three years so five years from now the contract will look much better (and the cap will have gone up by ~10 million bucks by then, at least).
          I didn’t mean it as derogatory. Just more surprised we did it for 8 years rather than I am the dollar value.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

I didn’t mean it as derogatory. Just more surprised we did it for 8 years rather than I am the dollar value.
            He probably doesn't sign without that 8th year. That's the compensation for us not being able to go as high as $7M. There's probably a team out there that would've gone as high as $7.5 or even $8M at 6 or 7 years for him.

Just wait until you see some of the crazy deals people start getting on Wednesday. Wouldn't shock me at all if someone gives Burakovsky $6M per.

Comment

• Congratz to Joe Sakic, one of my fav players/managers in the league. Super guy. Now President of Operations.

He earned it!

Comment

• Wishlist:
                -MacKinnon extended; every million under 12 on the AAV is a gift from him
                -Lekhonen @ ~4M per
                -Trochek @ ~6M per
                -Stastny @ ~2M - hoping he could be lured back on a cup chase/sentimental thing
                -JJ @ ~1M

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
                Lehkonen-Trochek-Nichushkin
                Newhook-Stastny-Compher
                Cogliano-Meyers-O'Connor
                (Sedlak, MacDermid)

Toews-Makar
                Byram-EJ
                Girard-JJ
                (MacDonald)

Georgiev
                Francouz

~1M in cap space left over

If they absolutely HAVE to make a trade it's probably Girard and Compher going out. I'd prefer to keep them.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/st...cQbtrIHe5loY2Q

We re-signed Helm!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                    Also reports that Josh Manson is expected to re-sign to a 4 year deal.

Comment

• Josh Manson for 4 more years!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post

Also reports that Josh Manson is expected to re-sign to a 4 year deal.
                        Seems a little high for him but he played really well and is a perfect fit. Just hope it means we can keep Lekhonen after next year.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post

Seems a little high for him but he played really well and is a perfect fit. Just hope it means we can keep Lekhonen after next year.
                          Agreed. I think it's the fit with the team and that since the Avs aren't going to be a major player in free agency, they are trying to keep some of these depth guys.

And I think Lehkonen is one of, if not the next, top priority.
                          Last edited by sra84; 07-13-2022, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Landeskog - MacKinnon - Nichuskin
                            Lehkonen - Compher - Rantanen
                            Newhook - Meyers - XXXX
                            Cogliano - Helm - O'Connor
                            (MacDermid, Sedlak)

Toews - Makar
                            Byram - EJ
                            Girard - Manson
                            (MacDonald)

Georgiev
                            Francouz

I guess they figured all the 2Cs were too expensive. Roll into the regular season like this, trade for one if Compher can't handle it?

Comment

• Trochek to the Rangers, Aube-Kubel to the Leafs

Comment

• Copp to Detroit (gross)

Comment

Working...
                                X