Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    So, just read some interesting Avalanche news. The Avalanche are doing away with the black helmet, gloves and pants that they wear and those will now be blue. Personally I think this is a better look than the black.

https://coloradohockeynow.com/2020/1...ght-look-like/

Leave a comment:

• Blondie79
    replied
    Avs quietly having themselves a nice off season re signed some key guys traded for saad and Devon toews some people mad we traded big Z but I personally didn't think he was good, so many mistakes and always in the penalty box

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
    I dont think we need to, im happy with bednar, i think circumstances and injuries played a huge role in this series, not making excuses just the way i see it.We have to sign a true #1 goalie i think that has to be our number one goal this off season, we in great shape for future with salary cap and youth. just my 2 cents
    Those are great points. I think Bednar is a good coach, I was just looking at it more from an outsider perspective of a team that has lost in the same spot twice in a row, and the depth of quality coaches available. However, Joe Sakic saw up close two first time head coaches (Crawford in year 2 and Hartley in year 3) win the Stanley Cup. So he probably is less inclined to make a panic move than other GMs who don't have his background.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    I think I'm most disappointed in Landeskog for not playing.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie79
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    That's too bad. I wonder if the Avs might make a coaching change? Normally I wouldn't even think it was a possibility considering the year they had, but when you see the quality of the coaches available, it could be a chance to make a change to try and help push for the cup next year.

Peter Laviolette (the coach I want Calgary to hire if they decide not to retain Geoff Ward) has take the last three franchises he's coached to the Stanley Cup Finals, winning with Carolina.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Jared Bednar, but considering the quality of the Colorado roster, and the unique salary cap advantage they have for the next few seasons (best player in the league at $6.3 million) I could see them wanting a guy who knows what it takes to get there to try and push them to a cup or two in this window.

What do Colorado fans think?

And I apologize if it's a little too raw right now, as an outsider I'm a couple of weeks removed from that sting. But I think we can all agree that we hope Dallas gets beat badly.
    I dont think we need to, im happy with bednar, i think circumstances and injuries played a huge role in this series, not making excuses just the way i see it.We have to sign a true #1 goalie i think that has to be our number one goal this off season, we in great shape for future with salary cap and youth. just my 2 cents

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    That's too bad. I wonder if the Avs might make a coaching change? Normally I wouldn't even think it was a possibility considering the year they had, but when you see the quality of the coaches available, it could be a chance to make a change to try and help push for the cup next year.

Peter Laviolette (the coach I want Calgary to hire if they decide not to retain Geoff Ward) has take the last three franchises he's coached to the Stanley Cup Finals, winning with Carolina.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Jared Bednar, but considering the quality of the Colorado roster, and the unique salary cap advantage they have for the next few seasons (best player in the league at $6.3 million) I could see them wanting a guy who knows what it takes to get there to try and push them to a cup or two in this window.

What do Colorado fans think?

And I apologize if it's a little too raw right now, as an outsider I'm a couple of weeks removed from that sting. But I think we can all agree that we hope Dallas gets beat badly.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie79
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Please stay away from this thread. Nothing but a troll. This post clearly shows you aren’t really an Avs fan. Just a fan of some one else pretending.

They came back from 3-1 with a goalie who never played a single playoff game and you’re talking smack because they lost game 7 in OT. What a joke.
    Not to mention losing 6 other players including your captain in this series, refs also helped dallas out with the tripping penalty on compher. Granted that 4th goal should never have happened and was what lost us the game In the end but to say the team is pathetic is stupid the only time he comes here is to post troll type stuff

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Wow...a game 7 overtime winner for the hat trick.
    Never should have been there. That defensive lapse after going up 4-3 is the hockey equivalent of Rahim Moore.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by sra84 View Post
    Bye bye, Avs..... thanks for nothing.

Pathetic.
    Please stay away from this thread. Nothing but a troll. This post clearly shows you aren’t really an Avs fan. Just a fan of some one else pretending.

They came back from 3-1 with a goalie who never played a single playoff game and you’re talking smack because they lost game 7 in OT. What a joke.

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied
    Bye bye, Avs..... thanks for nothing.

Pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Wow...a game 7 overtime winner for the hat trick.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie79
    replied
    Lost that game In the 3rd. Proud of boys to come back down 3-1 but we should have advanced. Worst part is I hate Dallas

Injuries were brutal this series for the avs too
    Last edited by Blondie79; 09-04-2020, 05:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Every damn time.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Huuuge choke job.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie79
    replied
    Oh come on guys geee