X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by famicommander View Post

I watched it. It was awesome, but it only covers through the 1998 season.

So that means no Avs 2nd cup, no Wings 3rd cup, no Bertuzzi incident, etc. There is supposed to be an extended cut of it on ESPN+ but I haven't checked that out yet.
    I need to watch it. That era was my introduction to hockey as a 12 year old with the Avs brand new in town. Hockey fan for life largely due to that rivalry.

Leave a comment:

• famicommander
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Anybody catch that 30 for 30 yesterday? I had kind of forgotten it was airing and also was anxious about the game. I need to see if I can find a re air to record. And also see if the parade Thursday will be televised on directv that I can record.
    I watched it. It was awesome, but it only covers through the 1998 season.

So that means no Avs 2nd cup, no Wings 3rd cup, no Bertuzzi incident, etc. There is supposed to be an extended cut of it on ESPN+ but I haven't checked that out yet.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Anybody catch that 30 for 30 yesterday? I had kind of forgotten it was airing and also was anxious about the game. I need to see if I can find a re air to record. And also see if the parade Thursday will be televised on directv that I can record.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied

Haha I was very confused for a bit and then realized you dug up a very old post to quote. Good stuff. Feel bad Girard missed so much of the postseason though.
    It sucks but it will make him come back more hungry next season.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post

He might be.
    Haha I was very confused for a bit and then realized you dug up a very old post to quote. Good stuff. Feel bad Girard missed so much of the postseason though.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
    I guess with Girard hurt, the Avs felt they have to play Makar. He's looking good, early with his zone entry and PP Quarterbacking. And then, Makar scores. Looks like he's going to be a good one.
    He might be.

Leave a comment:

• famicommander
    replied

Longest tenured player in Colorado (Avalanche, Nuggets, Mammoth, Broncos, Rapids, Rockies) sports.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie79
    replied
    Nichuskins foot was so swollen he couldn't get his skate on, medical team had to help him in his skate, after that it was just a pain tolerance - what a warrior

Click image for larger version

Name:	71AFB51E-50C8-43F4-9873-5322FF0BAAF2.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	8419693

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Today has been a great day at work. Wore my Mac jersey and also hung my Avs T-shirt over my office door. Actually got the attention of a fellow Avs fan where neither of us knew each other beforehand. Great to meet a fellow fan in Alabama.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    Lol Mac said he was going to get fat as s*** now so he may not be in good enough shape for a repeat.
    That's a good read. Hopefully he decided to stay after next season and gives us a decent deal...

104.3 was talking about how the Nuggets / Avs practice facilities were worse than what a lot of area high schoolers and middle schoolers have to train in, amd that now that the Avs won Kroenke better build them their own. It is definitely time.

Leave a comment:

• beemerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Hardly got any sleep still feels surreal!
    This was me, too. I'm still jacked up! That said, I'll probably hit the wall tonight like a little kid sometime around 8:30 MST.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie79
    replied
    Thanks for that article DB, you can definitely see his maturity this year, seems like he is more of a leader than people realize

Leave a comment:

• Blondie79
    replied
    Hardly got any sleep still feels surreal!

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Excellent read on Mackinnon

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...-cup-champions

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Lol Mac said he was going to get fat as s*** now so he may not be in good enough shape for a repeat.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X