2019 Colorado Rockies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Rockies are the worst team in baseball. And by the end of the year it might not even be close.
    And they've told us they don't care.

Comment

• They're on pace for a 37-125 record. And today's loss proves it's possible.

Comment

• I love the Isotopes and the Rockies and watch them as often as possible. The Monforts seem like horrible owners. Wish someone who loves baseball would buy the team. Must be hard to be Charlie Blackmon. Impression I had, whether it's correct or not, was that his best friends on the team were Troy Tulowitzki, Carlos Gonzalez, D.J. Lemahieu and Nolan Arenado. Arenado's trade seems punitive and stupid. Will always root for the Rockies.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          I love the Isotopes and the Rockies and watch them as often as possible. The Monforts seem like horrible owners. Wish someone who loves baseball would buy the team. Must be hard to be Charlie Blackmon. Impression I had, whether it's correct or not, was that his best friends on the team were Troy Tulowitzki, Carlos Gonzalez, D.J. Lemahieu and Nolan Arenado. Arenado's trade seems punitive and stupid. Will always root for the Rockies.
          I’ll always root for them but I can’t really get that emotionally invested in a team this bad.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

I’ll always root for them but I can’t really get that emotionally invested in a team this bad.
            Then you might not understand what it was like to be a Broncos fan in the Sixties. Not sure I understand what emotionally invested means. Got a team. Watch it. Root for it. Stick with it no matter what. That is all.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Then you might not understand what it was like to be a Broncos fan in the Sixties. Not sure I understand what emotionally invested means. Got a team. Watch it. Root for it. Stick with it no matter what. That is all.
              Well I wasn’t alive in the 60’s so there’s that. What I mean is I don’t watch the games. But I don’t really watch baseball at all anymore. I still love the sport. Have my youngest playing it. But I just don’t watch much MLB anymore. I don’t invest $150 a year or whatever it cost for MLB package. Where as I’ve been an invested Sunday ticket subscriber for a decade for the Broncos.

I’m not talking like rooting for some other team. But when the Rockies ownership dumps all their stars with 0 effort to get good prospects in return I have 0 desire to pay to watch them.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X