No announcement yet.

2019 Colorado Rockies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s kind of crazy the gap this year between home baseball (one of the best teams in the league) versus road baseball (tied for worse in the league.

The Rockies are currently only winning 24.5% of their road games. If they bumped that to 37% which is just 7 more road wins they would actually be an above .500 ball club. That would just be 20-33 on the road which is still bad. But that would put their record at 57-54.

Not defending them as anything but a bad team this year but it’s just crazy to think that in any other year they’d be above .500 and in the hunt right now. But it just happens to be their worst road year in franchise history.
    sigpic

Comment

• I don't understand how they can be so bad on the road. Yeah, there's always going to be some discrepancy because of Coors. Seems like bad coaching / managing. Maybe the Monforts truly only care about selling tickets and not fielding a competitive team.

Went to the 1st game of the series against the cubs, sat about 20 rows behind 1st base. I still love the Coors and the effort a lot of the players give. It's too bad the Monforts will probably never sell the team.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
        I don't understand how they can be so bad on the road. Yeah, there's always going to be some discrepancy because of Coors. Seems like bad coaching / managing. Maybe the Monforts truly only care about selling tickets and not fielding a competitive team.

Went to the 1st game of the series against the cubs, sat about 20 rows behind 1st base. I still love the Coors and the effort a lot of the players give. It's too bad the Monforts will probably never sell the team.
        Well see the funny thing is the fans are actually paying for a quality product when they are at home. It’s when they are on the road they aren’t worth a dime.
        sigpic

Comment

• I can’t stand the MLB rules that reward a garbage closer like Bard with a walkoff win by coincidence after he allows his typical 3 run blown save in the top of the 9th. Only system in the world that rewards garbage performance.
          sigpic

Comment

• Kind of insane just how good this team is at home versus how bad they are on the road.
            sigpic

Comment

• Fitting way for the season to end. Getting walked off by the worst team in the league. Finishing 30+ plus games out of first. Let’s do it all again next year shall we?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                Fitting way for the season to end. Getting walked off by the worst team in the league. Finishing 30+ plus games out of first. Let’s do it all again next year shall we?
                It's the best time of the year --- the end of Rockies baseball season!!!

Comment

Working...
                X