• Show
Clear All

• Bronco51
    replied
    Good news….they’re not the Diamondbacks

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Not going to act like I was getting false hope or anything but it was getting nice potentially running the table on the home stand and then in true Rockies bullpen fashion they blow back to back games in the 9th.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
    This is the first year I’ve been able to splurge on MLB season pass (actually a lot more reasonable than NFL Sunday ticket, so I may continue to do so) so I’ve been able to watch more Rockies than I ever have. Don’t even really care that they aren’t winning a lot right now, just sitting here falling in love with baseball again. Loved the Blackmon 3 run walk off homer the other day!!!! Anyways, question for you Rockies fans in the Colorado area. I’ve been looking for tickets to a game, preferably this summer in July sometime (if we can make it out that way from Oklahoma) but I have a large family (6 kids, me and the wife) and it doesn’t seem like I can make a game under $800. Are there cheaper tickets that I can’t find online?
    My wife called about this a couple of weeks ago because we will be there in July. What she was told was that due to limited capacity the team wasn’t even selling tickets beyond May yet. So the insane priced tickets on sites like stubhub are season ticket holders scalping limited tickets.

Now that they’ve announced 50k fans for June and beyond you should start seeing much more reasonably priced tickets go on sale.

Leave a comment:

• diesel51
    replied
    This is the first year I’ve been able to splurge on MLB season pass (actually a lot more reasonable than NFL Sunday ticket, so I may continue to do so) so I’ve been able to watch more Rockies than I ever have. Don’t even really care that they aren’t winning a lot right now, just sitting here falling in love with baseball again. Loved the Blackmon 3 run walk off homer the other day!!!! Anyways, question for you Rockies fans in the Colorado area. I’ve been looking for tickets to a game, preferably this summer in July sometime (if we can make it out that way from Oklahoma) but I have a large family (6 kids, me and the wife) and it doesn’t seem like I can make a game under $800. Are there cheaper tickets that I can’t find online?

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Then you might not understand what it was like to be a Broncos fan in the Sixties. Not sure I understand what emotionally invested means. Got a team. Watch it. Root for it. Stick with it no matter what. That is all.
    Well I wasn’t alive in the 60’s so there’s that. What I mean is I don’t watch the games. But I don’t really watch baseball at all anymore. I still love the sport. Have my youngest playing it. But I just don’t watch much MLB anymore. I don’t invest $150 a year or whatever it cost for MLB package. Where as I’ve been an invested Sunday ticket subscriber for a decade for the Broncos.

I’m not talking like rooting for some other team. But when the Rockies ownership dumps all their stars with 0 effort to get good prospects in return I have 0 desire to pay to watch them.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

I’ll always root for them but I can’t really get that emotionally invested in a team this bad.
    Then you might not understand what it was like to be a Broncos fan in the Sixties. Not sure I understand what emotionally invested means. Got a team. Watch it. Root for it. Stick with it no matter what. That is all.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    I love the Isotopes and the Rockies and watch them as often as possible. The Monforts seem like horrible owners. Wish someone who loves baseball would buy the team. Must be hard to be Charlie Blackmon. Impression I had, whether it's correct or not, was that his best friends on the team were Troy Tulowitzki, Carlos Gonzalez, D.J. Lemahieu and Nolan Arenado. Arenado's trade seems punitive and stupid. Will always root for the Rockies.
    I’ll always root for them but I can’t really get that emotionally invested in a team this bad.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    I love the Isotopes and the Rockies and watch them as often as possible. The Monforts seem like horrible owners. Wish someone who loves baseball would buy the team. Must be hard to be Charlie Blackmon. Impression I had, whether it's correct or not, was that his best friends on the team were Troy Tulowitzki, Carlos Gonzalez, D.J. Lemahieu and Nolan Arenado. Arenado's trade seems punitive and stupid. Will always root for the Rockies.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    They're on pace for a 37-125 record. And today's loss proves it's possible.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Rockies are the worst team in baseball. And by the end of the year it might not even be close.
    And they've told us they don't care.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Rockies are the worst team in baseball. And by the end of the year it might not even be close.

Leave a comment:

• darryn16
    replied
    Probably a safe bet they are below .500 for the remainder of the year.
    Absolutely!! I know AZ is winless thus far, but the Rockies will soon firmly plant themselves in last place in the division.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Probably a safe bet they are below .500 for the remainder of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post

well if im story im running as fast as i can out of here.

It a sad time for me i love baseball, but i can not continue to watch or follow the rockies at this time, its clear to me that they have no intention of competing and that was pretty obvious in the press conference
    I hear Bezos is stepping down from Amazon. Maybe he wants to buy the Rockies in his new career.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie79
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Bridich was asked if he thinks Trevor Story will be with the team at the beginning of the season..."I think so". They can't even sound confident about that.
    well if im story im running as fast as i can out of here.

It a sad time for me i love baseball, but i can not continue to watch or follow the rockies at this time, its clear to me that they have no intention of competing and that was pretty obvious in the press conference

Leave a comment:

Working...
X