2022 Colorado Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Colorado Rockies

I don’t expect there to be much reason for this thread to be very active this year but figured I’d still go ahead and start up a season thread.
    sigpic

Looks like Story is gone. So, a minor league club will be on full display this season. I do like the new rules changes which might make going to the games a little less painful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
      Looks like Story is gone. So, a minor league club will be on full display this season. I do like the new rules changes which might make going to the games a little less painful.
      I don’t like banning the shift instead of making players learn to hit better again.

Also he’s on the downhill but Rockies are trying hard to sign Pujols. With the new DH rule he could have a comeback year hitting at altitude.
      sigpic

Comment

cant say im looking forward to this season, both my favorite players gone, back to back years - we sucked with them cant imagine how bad we will be now...

Comment

Our infield should be
          3B - Arenado
          SS - Story
          2B - LeMahieu
          1B - who the hell cares

instead, "who the hell cares" will be playing all four positions
          Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
            Our infield should be
            3B - Arenado
            SS - Story
            2B - LeMahieu
            1B - who the hell cares

instead, "who the hell cares" will be playing all four positions
            They could go sign Freeman and Bryant to at least give the illusion they want to try and win games this year, but why would they? The party deck will be full no matter who they roll out there.

Comment

i really dont get this front office... im happy we signed bryant but uh what exactly are they doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
                i really dont get this front office... im happy we signed bryant but uh what exactly are they doing.
                It's a half a** move unless they go and get another big name bat. You can't let Arenado and Story go on!y to sign Bryant to 7 years and not give him help in the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

It's a half a** move unless they go and get another big name bat. You can't let Arenado and Story go on!y to sign Bryant to 7 years and not give him help in the lineup.
                  That's probably exactly what they'll do lol, or sign Pujols and consider it major help.
                  :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                  sigpic

Comment

Y’all act like Chuck Nazty isn’t still on the roster. I don’t have much in the way of expectations but I’ll wait and see on the offense.
                    sigpic

Comment

I just feel like Bryant was overpaid, quite a bit. Do you folks agree, or is this what you pay pretty good players these days?

It's weird how sports salaries keep skyrocketing when ticket sales are not growing much overall. Declining in some areas. But sports money comes from various places.

I bet most former players wish they were born later. Then again, that might well be true of the current day players. 20 years from now they will be scoffing at $50M per year stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        I just feel like Bryant was overpaid, quite a bit. Do you folks agree, or is this what you pay pretty good players these days?

It's weird how sports salaries keep skyrocketing when ticket sales are not growing much overall. Declining in some areas. But sports money comes from various places.

I bet most former players wish they were born later. Then again, that might well be true of the current day players. 20 years from now they will be scoffing at $50M per year stuff.
                        Teams wouldn’t pay it if they weren’t still coming out on top with it.

Also while I’m sure former players wish they had these salaries the cost of living in their era wasn’t as high either.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

Teams wouldn’t pay it if they weren’t still coming out on top with it.

Also while I’m sure former players wish they had these salaries the cost of living in their era wasn’t as high either.
                          But do you like the deal? Seems too long to me.

I realize that cost of living has changed, but lets just say the average person's salary has not risen nearly the same % as many of these players. And they start with a much bigger number to begin with, so % change is more significant, in relative terms.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

But do you like the deal? Seems too long to me.

I realize that cost of living has changed, but lets just say the average person's salary has not risen nearly the same % as many of these players. And they start with a much bigger number to begin with, so % change is more significant, in relative terms.
                            I like it better than choosing to have the worst roster in baseball on purpose.

I agree with others that they need to do more for it to matter. But I also didn’t like Arenado as most other Rockies fans so I’m not really that upset that they dumped him just to turn around and do this. The Rockies have never dumped a bat only for them to light it up elsewhere.
                            sigpic

Comment

Is Kroenke still the owner? If so, he will only pay attention to the Rams now since they are the defending Super Bowl champs. Another last place finish for the Rox.....(heavy sigh)

Comment

Working...
                              X