Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Colorado Rockies

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
    Is Kroenke still the owner? If so, he will only pay attention to the Rams now since they are the defending Super Bowl champs. Another last place finish for the Rox.....(heavy sigh)
    Read an article the other day that the Rockies have actually put together a potentially very potent lineup that could surprise people. Even said there seems to be a little bit of optimism that they could compete this year.

    Obviously most people here will believe it when they see it.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

      Read an article the other day that the Rockies have actually put together a potentially very potent lineup that could surprise people. Even said there seems to be a little bit of optimism that they could compete this year.

      Obviously most people here will believe it when they see it.
      I don't know if it's more potent, but, defensively, they are looking much more solid than in the past. Grichuk was a nice defensive pickup, which is gonna be better in the long run for the road games where they don't hit well. So, I'm hoping the moves pay dividends on defense.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
        Is Kroenke still the owner? If so, he will only pay attention to the Rams now since they are the defending Super Bowl champs. Another last place finish for the Rox.....(heavy sigh)
        Kroenke?

        Kroenke doesn't own the Rockies, nor has he ever.

        Kroenke teams:
        LA Rams
        Denver Nuggets
        Colorado Avalanche
        Colorado Rapids (MLS)
        Colorado Mammoth (NLL)
        Arsenal FC
        Arsenal WFC
        Colorado Crush (AFL, 2003-2008; co-owned with John Elway and Pat Bowlen)

        The stupid, drunk-driving, pigfarming Monfort brothers own the Rockies.
        Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by famicommander View Post

          Kroenke?

          Kroenke doesn't own the Rockies, nor has he ever.

          Kroenke teams:
          LA Rams
          Denver Nuggets
          Colorado Avalanche
          Colorado Rapids (MLS)
          Colorado Mammoth (NLL)
          Arsenal FC
          Arsenal WFC
          Colorado Crush (AFL, 2003-2008; co-owned with John Elway and Pat Bowlen)

          The stupid, drunk-driving, pigfarming Monfort brothers own the Rockies.
          My mistake! I didn't know that the Monfort's were the owners.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

            Read an article the other day that the Rockies have actually put together a potentially very potent lineup that could surprise people. Even said there seems to be a little bit of optimism that they could compete this year.

            Obviously most people here will believe it when they see it.
            I think we have a very small bit of optimism as a new season starts. The problem is, that the Rox dash our hopes during May and June. By the All Star break, the season is over for them.....

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
              cant say im looking forward to this season, both my favorite players gone, back to back years - we sucked with them cant imagine how bad we will be now...
              Following the first game right now. Rockies are going to be terrible this season. Freeland has a 12.27 ERA, Blackmon is 0 for 3. Nothing to get excited about.....

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

                Following the first game right now. Rockies are going to be terrible this season. Freeland has a 12.27 ERA, Blackmon is 0 for 3. Nothing to get excited about.....
                And then Marquez pitches a gem against the dodgers last night and one remembers there are still exciting members of the team.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  I’ll take a series win over the Dodgers any day of the week.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

                    And then Marquez pitches a gem against the dodgers last night and one remembers there are still exciting members of the team.
                    True. I{m not getting my hopes up. They do this every season.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

                      True. I{m not getting my hopes up. They do this every season.
                      3-1! But yeah not getting my hopes up either. Just saying I don’t get all that mad about players leaving because we always get new exciting ones. It can be a fun team to watch. Just not consistently good enough to compete.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

                        I don't know if it's more potent, but, defensively, they are looking much more solid than in the past. Grichuk was a nice defensive pickup, which is gonna be better in the long run for the road games where they don't hit well. So, I'm hoping the moves pay dividends on defense.
                        Grichuk just made a Sportscenter play robbing a home run to keep the Rockies ahead. Awesome!!!!!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Free land is hot garbage. The fact Black made him opening day starter over Marquez is an absolute joke. 0-2 already with a 10.0 ERA and no other Rockies pitcher has lost yet.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Wow 6 run first inning today. Offense knows they gotta go all out with Freeland on the mound.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Gotta suck to be a Reds fan.
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Here we go again!! The June swoon starts in May........ I hate that they start the season well only to flame out before we even get to the summer months

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X