No announcement yet.

Friday Night Lights! Please watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cali. Is this season over. I download the episodes and was up to episode 15 for this season but haven't seen 16.

If I was about 10 years younger, I'd start a Tyra fan club.

Comment

Originally posted by slick7 View Post
      Cali. Is this season over. I download the episodes and was up to episode 15 for this season but haven't seen 16.

If I was about 10 years younger, I'd start a Tyra fan club.
      I don't think so.. I tivo the episodes and now that I think about it..this Friday didn't record..it must have skipped a week.

I already have a secret Riggens fan club

Comment

Originally posted by calibroncogrl47 View Post
        I don't think so.. I tivo the episodes and now that I think about it..this Friday didn't record..it must have skipped a week.

I already have a secret Riggens fan club
        Funny. I like him too, but in a different way I think.

The last episode I saw was the one where Mrs. Taylor's old boyfriend (played by Peter Berg who is also a producer) came to Dillon.

Let me know if we're on the same page. Thanks.

Comment

Too much drama for me. Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by slick7 View Post
            Funny. I like him too, but in a different way I think.

The last episode I saw was the one where Mrs. Taylor's old boyfriend (played by Peter Berg who is also a producer) came to Dillon.

Let me know if we're on the same page. Thanks.
            Yeah thats the last one I saw too..

Soon I think Lila is going to leave that goodie 2 shoes and get with Riggens.. What do you think?

I feel bad for Smash!

Comment

Originally posted by calibroncogrl47 View Post
              Yeah thats the last one I saw too..

Soon I think Lila is going to leave that goodie 2 shoes and get with Riggens.. What do you think?

I feel bad for Smash!
              Smash got screwed. I agree. As for Lila yea, she wanted some action and got turned down. The writing is on the wall for that guy.

It looks like of the responses your thread got, only 5 of us like the show. I hope it stays on. I'd hate to see it go. There's been some strong character development and some decent writing even if some people think it's too much drama.

Hell, it's about high school sports. I don't know where everyone else went to school but where I went, there was always drama.

Comment

OK fans!! Time to save the show~

Online Petitions Trying to Save 'FNL'

Feb. 20, 2008, 7:22 PM EST

The Associated Press

Another beloved TV show is close to the chopping block. And yet again, its loyal fans are attempting to stave off the execution.
                With the writers strike over, a number of shows are in limbo as network executives plot their new schedules. Most notably, the fate of "Friday Night Lights" hangs in the balance.
                The hourlong drama, based on the 1990 book by H.G. Bissinger, focuses on a high school football team in Dillon, Texas. It's a deftly written (and elegantly scored) series about a small town in which football is both a blessing and a curse.
                For its first season, the Writers Guild Awards nominated it for best drama series. A critic for The New York Times has gushed: "I love ..Friday Night Lights.'"
                Some reports have suggested NBC wants to bring back "Friday Night Lights," which was in the midst of its second season when the strike halted production. Variety has reported a decision from the network likely will not be made for several months.
                With such a window, it's clear: Blog now or forever hold your peace.
                To that end, http://www.SaveFridayNightLights.tv has been created. The site's goal: inundate NBC entertainment chief Ben Silverman with letters, online petitions, even plastic footballs.
                "FNL" hasn't had it easy. Some viewers were initially confused about the series. The book had been adapted into a 2004 movie by the same name, and when it hit the tube, it was oddly scheduled not on its namesake day, but Wednesday. Being up against "American Idol" didn't help, either.
                For the second season, it was switched to the more obvious Friday night, but ratings only improved to 6.2 million viewers after 5.9 million in the previous season.
                The site for VH1's "Best Week Ever" has also opened a petition to save "FNL":
                http://www.bestweekever.tv/category/...y-night-lights
                Such tactics have a checkered rate of success. Way back in 1984, CBS renewed "Cagney and Lacey" after a letter-writing campaign. But acclaimed shows such as Fox's "Arrested Development," the CW's "Veronica Mars" and NBC's "Freaks and Geeks" weren't saved by online petitions.
                Sometimes, a gimmick has helped. Fans sent 40,000 pounds of peanuts to CBS after "Jericho" was canceled, prompting the network to bring the show back for a second season. The network did, though, slash the show's budget. When the new season premiered last week, it drew 7 million viewers.
                Devotees of the USA Network's "The 4400" have sought to follow in the footsteps of "Jericho." Since the series was canceled after its fourth season in December, more than 6,000 bags of sunflower seed bags have been shipped to USA.
                "Friday Night Lights" hopes its plastic footballs will score a touchdown for the series. As of Wednesday, SaveFridayNightLight s.tv claimed there were 6,250 minifootballs in the air.

http://tv.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=301697>1=7703

Save Friday Night Lights!!

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien View Post
                  Too much drama for me. Pass.
                  I agree. I watched the about the first six or seven episodes when it came out, but I got bored with all the overly dramatic highschool relationships. I wanted to watch scripted football, dang it!

Comment

Working...
                  X