Please Take a Look!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Take a Look!!!

Those of you who are fans of independent film may enjoy this. I hope so. I've been working with a friend of mine for over a year on a film he wrote and directed. We're currently in post-production and the other day we completed our full length trailer for our fans to view.

We want as many fans as possible of course, so I thought I'd see what you guys thought. Now keep in mind we're no big budget production company or anything and only had one camera. But anyhow, we had a blast and if the plot or trailer seems to not make sense to you guys, it's okay...we planned it that way.

Anyway, the film is called 'Gunslinger, P.I." and we're hopefully going to have a full-fledged premiere here in Boise in January. But for now, take a look and let us know what you think!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UMr0prMTn2c
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
    ...we had a blast and if the plot or trailer seems to not make sense to you guys, it's okay...we planned it that way.
    good! i laughed and then went, "huh?" funny stuff you guys! good luck.

Comment

I am going to preface this by saying that if I honestly thought that sucked, I would say so.

I thought the opening monologue was fantastic. Despite the low production value, your friend appears to have a very strong affinity for direction. I really enjoyed several of the shots. It's hard to judge it without seeing it in total, but it shows a lot of promise. Definately make sure to keep us aware of your progress. I would definately like to check it out.

Good luck with your project and keep on working!
      I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

Comment

The big dude that was talking in the beginning was what stood out to me, his acting skills were great.

Comment

Hey thanks for the possitive feedback guys! Don't worry, we welcome constructive criticism as well. We are after all trying to improve our film-making skills and comments or question are always welcome.

The guy at the beginning of the trailer with the monologue was fun to work with. My friend (the director) says he's the most real cowboy he's ever met. hahahaha. I suppose it showed.

The main thing I'm worried about throughout this entire project is the sound quality/issue. I kept telling him we should use a boom mic and other mic-ing but surprisingly the shotgun mounted on his camera was very sensative and picked up more than i expected.

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated as it moves along.

There are also other clips you can view at his myspace page. including a pretty good outtake involving mine and his characters.

http://www.myspace.com/gunslingerpi
          sigpic

Comment

Just wanted to bump this for those who hadn't taken a look yet.

Please do. Tell us what you think.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X