I am legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am legend

This movie looks interesting. It also has one of my fav. actors, Will Smith (fresh prince )

Anyways what is it about? Is it like a 28 days later or dawn of the dead type of movie. In a commercial they mentioned a virus, so I was guessing that may be it.

Anyone read the book

anyone else going to go see it?
    sigpic

it's just a remake of omega man with charlton heston

nothing new to see here at all
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, this does look interesting. A virus kills off the world population except for Smith who encounters animals and one preview showed some mutant aliens or something but only saw that once. I haven't seen reference to other "beings" in the other ads. In other words, he won't be alone.

We will wait until the DVD comes out. Not a big movie house person.

The Mist is another one that looks good coming from Stephen King that has "the most shocking ending"
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Great book by Richard Matheson...in my top-10 list since high school:
        http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu9RvV0...ki/I_Am_Legend

The Last Man on Earth, starring Vincent Price, was the first movie version. It's much better than The Omega Man. http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu.aeV0...itle/tt0058700
        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
          it's just a remake of omega man with charlton heston

nothing new to see here at all
          well. hmm.

i was about to correct you but keith did it for me. and his links provide basically all the info you need to know about the film.

omega man was much different apparently as it was only loosely based and had little to do with the book. but the last man on earth was a direct film adaptation with the script written by the author himself.

so....yeah, it's basically about a guy trying to survive in a world full of vampires.

and that's still cool. because vampire movies are so much better than zombie movies.

besides, another reason to see this is that there may be a full trailer for the dark knight on it. and that's what i care about.
          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I really want to see it, it looks great.

It's in the year 2011, and New York City (and probably the rest of the world) is empty, except for Robert Neville (Will Smith). He's a virologist, and he's the last remaining human after in 2009, him and other virologists released a virus that infected everyone. They're more like zombies now, coming out at night. In the morning he trains and exercises and does whatever. He records himself tracking each day, and tries to send out a radio message on all frequencies each day. Every day at noon he goes to the exact same place on a river waiting for anyone who heard his radio messages. He has a dog. He's naturally immune, and so are about 5% of the population, but they apparently were eaten, as the zombies feed on living flesh. During the day, he also tries to develop a cure on a zombie specimen that he captured. Every night at 5:30 he hunkers down in his apartment and tries to survive the night.

Comment

this movie is gonna rock

Comment

I love movies heheh

I really want to see I am Legend, and can't wait Sweeny Todd.

Those are my two must see movies.

Comment

Sorry, I had to bump this.

I finally got around to watching this film, and I must say... I loved it.

The movie flowed well from the beginning to the climax.. the very sad climax.. and then it seemed like it went to fast at the end.

Overall, I was fine with the ending, but that climax sure hit the heart.

Comment

This movie was great! Awesome movie. I loved it.

The part with the sunlight line with the dogs was such a beast scene.

FRED!!!!!!1

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                    2. Taxes
                    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

i loved this movie.

good action.
                      white sox are done, broncos looking strong, lakers gonna win it all again.

Originally posted by raylewis52
                      you guys are the saddest team in nfl right now! 8-8 will win the west,.thats just a joke. there will be 6-8 teams sitting home with better records,
                      smart fans, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16 View Post
                        This movie was great! Awesome movie. I loved it.

The part with the sunlight line with the dogs was such a beast scene.

FRED!!!!!!1
                        I know dude, I frieken loved Fred! "FRED, ARE U FREAKING KIDDING ME FRED?!"

But man, Sam...

Comment

I wasn't entirely sure what to expect but I thought they did a great job. Smith is really good at playing the poor guy that gets put in really sucky situations and does his best to make it all better.

Overall, it's one of the top films I've seen in awhile. Then again, the box office has been kind of dead of late.

Now I'm looking forward to Cloverfield. I just hope all those bouncing camera shots don't get people (me included) puking up their popcorn in the theater!
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I was disappointed in the fact that it didnt actually follow the book at all (alright, it did in the fact that there is a disease, and there are vampire things).

I liked it because I like action movies, and that it was a vampire move. But, I was still disappointed that it didnt follow the book.
                            sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                            SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                              I know dude, I frieken loved Fred! "FRED, ARE U FREAKING KIDDING ME FRED?!"

But man, Sam...
                              When Sam died I must admit I was almost at tears.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                              2. Taxes
                              3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Working...
                              X