Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Two-Night premiere Sunday, January 13 & Monday, January 14 on FOX!

http://www.fox.com/terminator/home.htm

I'm a die-hard fan of the Terminator franchise & I can't wait to see the premiere of this show.

It looks interesting. Summer glau is in it as a protector, which could be cool.

Comment

I'll give this a chance, Summer Glau could work and loved Firefly. I was not a fan of Terminator 3, but this show will take place after 2, so it'll be interesting to see what they do with it.

On a side note, Christian Bale is rumored to play John Conner in Terminator 4

Comment

Originally posted by badlandz View Post
        I'll give this a chance, Summer Glau could work and loved Firefly. I was not a fan of Terminator 3, but this show will take place after 2, so it'll be interesting to see what they do with it.

On a side note, Christian Bale is rumored to play John Conner in Terminator 4

unless they fire the writers and director and get new ones on board,

T4 is going to suck hard. Bale or no Bale....I mean, I realize the man has played Jesus and Batman....but he's only one guy....if the writing and directing is crap....the movie will be a fat waste for Bale.

i really hope it's good for his sake. but it won't be because the only credible thing the writers have done was The Game, with Michael Douglas.
        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I'm gonna pass on this one. It just doesn't look interesting. The Terminator is so 20th century. The third movie sucked, just let this franchise be.

What's next, a Bill and Ted show?
          sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Yep, they are completely ignoring Terminator 3. I just finished watching the first of the 2 night premiere and it actually looks like it may work. It was enough to establish interest and did its job in setting up the series. So far I'd give it a 7/10, not too shabby.

Comment

Yep, they are completely ignoring Terminator 3. I just finished watching the first of the 2 night premiere and it actually looks like it may work. It was enough to establish interest and did its job in setting up the series. So far I'd give it a 7/10, not too shabby.
              She didn't freaking tell him what model she is. I'm upset about this.

I'm guessing Robert Patrick look-alike is a T-100.

But what is the chic from Serenity?

I dunno.Will they have the T-1000s show up? In the preview for tomorrow John said something about Judgement Day....

And all of a sudden they jump to 2007? what????????.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                She didn't freaking tell him what model she is. I'm upset about this.

I'm guessing Robert Patrick look-alike is a T-100.

But what is the chic from Serenity?

I dunno.Will they have the T-1000s show up? In the preview for tomorrow John said something about Judgement Day....

And all of a sudden they jump to 2007? what????????.
                Well she didn't do anything a T-100 can't do. So far, she doesn't seem any more advanced like a T-1000 or whatever that lady was in T3. I really didn't put much thought into this, but I suppose since they made it a point to focus on that specific moment that her model is probably going to be different somehow.

They've set a possible 4 year story arc with this move, since Judgement Day is supposed to be 2011 now. I have no problem with the way they jumped into 2007. I figure this was just their way of making it modern so they wouldn't have to worry through the whole series about making it accurate with technology (can't have a 2006 car in 1999 now can we?) or historical events. But this still keeps John Connor young enough to be vulnerable to attacks.

Comment

Well she didn't do anything a T-100 can't do. So far, she doesn't seem any more advanced like a T-1000 or whatever that lady was in T3. I really didn't put much thought into this, but I suppose since they made it a point to focus on that specific moment that her model is probably going to be different somehow.

They've set a possible 4 year story arc with this move, since Judgement Day is supposed to be 2011 now. I have no problem with the way they jumped into 2007. I figure this was just their way of making it modern so they wouldn't have to worry through the whole series about making it accurate with technology (can't have a 2006 car in 1999 now can we?) or historical events. But this still keeps John Connor young enough to be vulnerable to attacks.
                  Exactly. Now they can have all the cell phone technology and availability that wasn't available back in 97. As you said, all the concerns that people JUMP on.. like cars, clothing, hats, hairstyles... or shoes that weren't available 10 years ago. I thought it to be an interesting way to solve the problem.

I guess I'm just not 'geek' enough to worry about the Model Type she is. Like it matters?? I think the only type f person that REALLY cares what model number she is, are the ones that read the star wars 'gun manuals' and memorize the Kingon dictionary.

Other than that, I don't see this being such an important detail. They kept it ambiguous so that they can have her 'do things' that aren't expected later on in the series without having to 'trap' her into a model and serial number.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                    Exactly. Now they can have all the cell phone technology and availability that wasn't available back in 97. As you said, all the concerns that people JUMP on.. like cars, clothing, hats, hairstyles... or shoes that weren't available 10 years ago. I thought it to be an interesting way to solve the problem.

I guess I'm just not 'geek' enough to worry about the Model Type she is. Like it matters?? I think the only type f person that REALLY cares what model number she is, are the ones that read the star wars 'gun manuals' and memorize the Kingon dictionary.

Other than that, I don't see this being such an important detail. They kept it ambiguous so that they can have her 'do things' that aren't expected later on in the series without having to 'trap' her into a model and serial number.

Well, I don't really care what model she is. I'm more curious. And my point was that it must come into play or they wouldn't have made a big deal about it and a stopping point in the show to have John ask her and her not tell him.

Maybe he wanted to know because he's got the hots for her. If she can eat a chip....what else can she do? heheh....

I'll just leave it at that. Anyway...I hope I'm home tonight to catch the second part. My wife thought it was boring but...I dunno...I think I was into it because I know all the backstory and junk.
                    sigpic

Comment

Anyone else even more confused at how they're coming up with all the dates and background stuff? If it's supposed to take place after T2, then I think there's still some stuff they're having a hard time clearing up.

Now I'm not sure if they're ignoring the third movie because "Cameron" mentioned that they jumped to avoid her death in '05. But in T3 they said she died in '04....

I'm still going to assume they're ignoring T3 and going off of a new story arch.

And how did the terminator find it's head? Furthermore...if the chip is in the head....how was the rest of the body able to function or even navigate its way to its own head?

maybe they have a GPS type navigation and a remote activation system that allows them to put their pieces back together should they somehow become dismembered.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                        Anyone else even more confused at how they're coming up with all the dates and background stuff? If it's supposed to take place after T2, then I think there's still some stuff they're having a hard time clearing up.

Now I'm not sure if they're ignoring the third movie because "Cameron" mentioned that they jumped to avoid her death in '05. But in T3 they said she died in '04....

I'm still going to assume they're ignoring T3 and going off of a new story arch.

And how did the terminator find it's head? Furthermore...if the chip is in the head....how was the rest of the body able to function or even navigate its way to its own head?

maybe they have a GPS type navigation and a remote activation system that allows them to put their pieces back together should they somehow become dismembered.
                        This is definitely a completely different timeline, T3 is being ignored completely. So don't think about any dates that happened in T3. It all works if you consider only the first 2 movies.

The only thing I had an issue with is that first terminator is dead, and somehow the proximity allowed it to power back up. I guess we are to assume the body was in that landfill for 8 years and when the guy brought the head over to the same area it was reactivated. That was just dumb.

Comment

I'm a huge Terminator fan, and I don't even mind that the series completely disregards T3. I had to stop watching when the dumb Terminator was a substitute teacher and when he identified John Reese (Connor). Instead of calmly walking up to him in class and crushing his head during a test he decides to cut into his thigh, pull out a gun, and take a few pot shots from 30 feet away. If this is the type of logic and targeting systems these "Terminators" have in the future, let John get killed. I think we can take them.

I will give this show a chance, but it's not looking good right now.

Comment

This is definitely a completely different timeline, T3 is being ignored completely. So don't think about any dates that happened in T3. It all works if you consider only the first 2 movies.
                            The way I figure it is that every time they send terminators or people back into the past, they are essentially changing the future in some way. Of course, if the future is changed then how would they have been able to send back the the terminators/people they just did on the missions they were assigned to do?

Gotta love a paradox! But when it comes to time travel stories, you kind of have to just accept that there will be a lot that doesn't entirely make sense.

The only thing I had an issue with is that first terminator is dead, and somehow the proximity allowed it to power back up. I guess we are to assume the body was in that landfill for 8 years and when the guy brought the head over to the same area it was reactivated. That was just dumb.
                            Yeah, that was kind of hard to figure. I just imagined that an advanced, intelligent being would program independent intelligence points throughout a computer system, or the terminator's body in this case for the sake of redundancy. Those various points of intelligence would work together when all were accounted for but would still be able to work, although at a less efficient scale, if any of them were separated. Just imagine a 1000 CPUs scattered through the terminator and have some in two locations when the head and body were separated.

My main problem with it was that the body apparently found and killed someone and took their vehicle (and head!) and drove to where the head was all without being able to see a thing. Other than that, I can suspend my disbelief enough to just go with the flow.

Overall, I really enjoyed the shows. I thought Summer Glau is perfect for the role as a terminator who is innocent in the ways of humans. She's not intimidating the way a terminator should be, but then again they were (originally) designed to slip up on their quarry by being able to blend in, and a young woman would certainly be less noticeable than would be hulking terminators like Arnold's version.

I'll definitely keep watching until they give me a reason not to.
                            "You can't take the sky from me..."
                            ------
                            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

if they could've made this show any worse, i couldn't think of how.

this show is crap. utter and complete crap. i love the movies, and the story in itself, but i will not in any way force myself to like this trash. the cast? they're just awkwardly out of place. if you put any of them in a terminator movie, it'd be laughed out of the box office. the "protector" whatever, and john, look like they were abducted from the set of a wb family drama. summer glau? is that her name? yeah, her character's a joke. i won't buy into her just because she's hot. the female terminator from 3 looked the part. summer glau looks like she caught a bad smell whenever she shows up.

not to mention it looks like it followed the formula of every other fox series out there. uber bright glossy lighting. same angles. same lens styles. bleh.

the writing and events within the show looked like a 17 year old wrote it, trying too hard to look like a terminator movie.

i really looked for a positive but i'm just not seeing it. they couldn't even get the score from the movies, which is one of the coolest scores to a movie ever.

and i can't even look at whoever is playing sarah connor seriously. there's only one sarah connor and she ain't her.
                              Last edited by NinjaPirateFunk; 01-18-2008, 10:55 PM.
                              Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                              Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Working...
                              X