X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Madden 2005 Guide, Chapter 2

Denver Broncos

Key Players

Defense - # 24 Champ Bailey - Self explanatory, don’t throw towards his side. One of the top 3 corners in the league.

Offense - # 16 Jake Plummer – Mobile, sharp passing QB, notoriously known for late successful drives.

Chapter 2. (Passing game)

Key Player - #80 Rod Smith

The Denver Broncos Offense of past ages has work through play-action fakes thanks to a great running game. However after losing Portis in a via trade that brings us a defensive player the pass might not be as favorable to play. On Madden 2004 we had the luxury of passing to the unbreakable Shannon Sharpe. He was a great option, hard to miss, almost catch automatic, and a great blocker/ break tackler. He will be missed, don’t look for weaver to be much of an offensive option. Eddy Mac was a great run blocker and receiver. He will be missed. Rod Smith is the best option. His body is aging, however his strength allows him to create space and get open. He will be getting allot of grabs, as he is still your number one option. Ashley has been established as a fine deep target thanks to dangerous speed. He can catch and elevate to get the ball, then blow past late corners with great speed. Darius Watts is the sleeper, look out for the rookie to play exceptionally well. Willie Jackson was once a 1000 yard receiver and will be a good 3rd – 4rth option.

How to use the pass*

Run almost exclusively on first down. Try to make sure it is not obvious, and the defense isn’t putting everyone on the line disrespecting the pass. Run effectively, and then your play-action will sting. The Broncos don’t go for long passes very much so take the offense slowly. Run effectively and go for short passes. Quick Receiver outs, and easy slants. Use smith as a position receiver. He would be good for outs, curls, and slants towards the middle. Use Ashley as the threat. Off play-action look deep if pressure isn’t there, and if the corner of safety bites, you might have a one on one with Ashley deep down the field. If so Lob it and let Ash get it. The Corner is a second string corner and moslikley easier to receive off of. You always have Willie who will be another position receiver, like Eddy Mac was. Look for Griffith on safety vaults. He showed good hands late in the season and might be a passing threat. Anderson can also receive.

The Broncos have enough receivers to manage. However their fate relies on the run game. If the run game is not working then the pass will most likley not be as effective as the Broncos don’t own a high powered Passing game like the rams/ Eagles that work with out needing the run.

Smith should be your main target, Ashley won’t catch everything*
    RunnersParadise

Anyone think other wise about the information provided.
    RunnersParadise

Comment

I hope it's easier to roll out in this game. Last time I had to make Jake uberfast to get to the outside on the bootleg.
      sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by muse
        I hope it's easier to roll out in this game. Last time I had to make Jake uberfast to get to the outside on the bootleg.
        Yeah, if you had it online, it was much easier after the last roster update. They gave him a little more speed later on.
        They should know that Jake has got some wheels.

Comment

Yess..thats one thing I hated. I felt they disrespected Jake making him look like a turtle on the go. His speed should be right around Mccnab and Mcnair. He has great feet, and he is a mobile threat.
          RunnersParadise

Comment

Even McNabb and McNair were too slow (and Vick was too fast). And they made Beuerlein a 39 for speed. You couldn't do anything with that. I mean even Griese managed to rush for a couple of scores...
            And they make the punters and kickers too slow. Jason demands more respect than that.
            sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Madden sucks madd nutz.

Comment

Originally posted by RunnersParadise
                Yess..thats one thing I hated. I felt they disrespected Jake making him look like a turtle on the go. His speed should be right around Mccnab and Mcnair. He has great feet, and he is a mobile threat.
                Did you see the 44 yard run against the Raiders in week 3? His feet looked like a jack rabbit.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X