Anyone else see the movie "Juno"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else see the movie "Juno"?

I thought it was a great movie! I really liked. It was really funny! It had a Napolean Dynomitie-isk feel to it. The whole abortion thing was totally blown out of proportion.

Did anyone else like it?

I saw it yesterday and loved it! The music was so random and hilarious. Basically one of the best movies ever.
    ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
      I saw it yesterday and loved it! The music was so random and hilarious. Basically one of the best movies ever.
      My favorite line of the whole movie was (her father speaking) "next time I see that Bleeker kid, I'm going to punch him in the weiner!"

Hahahaaha!

Comment

Originally posted by sneakers View Post
        My favorite line of the whole movie was (her father speaking) "next time I see that Bleeker kid, I'm going to punch him in the weiner!"

Hahahaaha!
        Were you reading my mind? I almost said in my last post that was my fave quote. CREEEPY.
        ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
          Were you reading my mind? I almost said in my last post that was my fave quote. CREEEPY.
          Oh yeah?!? was your second favorite line this:

(talking about why they had sex) "I know you weren't bored that day because there was a bunch of great stuff on TV. The Blair Witch Project was on Starz...."(I couldn't hear what he said right here because I was laughing so hard).

Comment

My review can be found in the Movie thread.

To sum it up: Juno tried too hard.

Michael Cera makes me laugh though, he makes things awkward and is dryly sarcastic.

But yeah....ridiculous attempt to succeed at being "hip."
            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Well the soundtrack is amazing, so i'm assuming the movie will be just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                My review can be found in the Movie thread.

To sum it up: Juno tried too hard.

Michael Cera makes me laugh though, he makes things awkward and is dryly sarcastic.

But yeah....ridiculous attempt to succeed at being "hip."
                Since every single person that I know that have seen it said it was amazingly funny and the critics gave it a great review I guess it is "hip".

I can't wait to see it on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                  Since every single person that I know that have seen it said it was amazingly funny and the critics gave it a great review I guess it is "hip".

Rule Number 1 In Movie Viewing: Do not ever listen to critics. 98% of the time they hate everything they review, and the other 2% they are more off-base than Michael Bay's "Pearl Harbor."

It's not funny... It has funny parts....about 4 or 5....but it is not ground-breaking, it's not hilarious...it's not innovative. Someone already said it was "Napoleon-Dynomite-esque" That alone is not a good discription you want to be associated with your film because Dynomite sucked.

The main character was ridiculous. LIke I said in my review, I can't stand when young people act like they lived through a time-period and then try to tell those that did that they don't know jack about what they're talking about. If you weren't alive to see or hear the band come to fruition...you automatically don't have any credibility.

Also, I don't know any school that trains and practices year round for spring track. Sure there is cross country in the fall....but even then, the team doesn't train every single day and practice every day after school. What freakin' high school did the writers go to?

Sure it had a message of pro-life and knowing that you're not mature enough to handle that kind of life-changing situation...but again...the film fails miserabley at getting it's message successfully portrayed.

The music was just an attempt to align with the main character's taste, which again is phoney and only there to create an argument for the writer's taste's sake.

But....I can understand why the average movie-goer can like something like this. "Oh it was so cute and funny...blah blah blah...."

no. it wasn't.
                  sigpic

Comment

Why not spend your Saturday at the movies watching something worthwhile and not filled with annoying teenagers...

Go see The Bucket List.
                    sigpic

Comment

The question I have is, is it more of a chick flick then a movie you could see with a bunch of guys? Because if it is then I'll have to call people.

Comment

The question I have is, is it more of a chick flick then a movie you could see with a bunch of guys? Because if it is then I'll have to call people.
                        dude, it's about a 16 year old pregnant girl....

how is that in any way a guy topic?
                        sigpic

Comment

dude, it's about a 16 year old pregnant girl....

how is that in any way a guy topic?
                          I went to see "The Notebook" with my friend(male) when it was in the theatres. I guess I don't care what the movie is classified as, I will see it if It looks good.

Comment

Why not spend your Saturday at the movies watching something worthwhile and not filled with annoying teenagers...

Go see The Bucket List.
                            Or he could go see Juno, whatever floats his boat.

different strokes for different folks.
                            the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93 View Post
                              Or he could go see Juno, whatever floats his boat.

different strokes for different folks.
                              I guess if he wants to waste his money he can...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X