Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

80th Annual Academy Awards

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 80th Annual Academy Awards

    Results:

    http://oscar.com/oscarnight/winners/index

    Well, thoughts, feelings? Disappointed? Satisfied?

    The only thing I'm irate about is Ultimatum winning at all... that movie was horrible, and it won in every category that made it a horrible movie. BEST EDITING? no way in hell.....:brick:
    sigpic

    DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

  • #2
    I personally didn't think the best movie won.... I just wasn't impressed with that flic...

    But Daniel Day-Lewis was by far the best actor this year... so I was glad to see that.

    Comment


    • #3
      Sadly, since I left the theatre, I've only seen one of the Best Picture nominees (Juno) and I felt that I have yet to see the best one...I disliked Juno mucho.

      I can't wait to see There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men.

      However, upon review of the nominees, I'm even more upset that Transformers lost to Golden Compass in VISUAL EFFECTS...are you kidding me????????????????/

      Also, Transformers lost to Ultimatum in Sound Effects editing. um. NO.
      sigpic

      DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
        Sadly, since I left the theatre, I've only seen one of the Best Picture nominees (Juno) and I felt that I have yet to see the best one...I disliked Juno mucho.

        I can't wait to see There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men.

        However, upon review of the nominees, I'm even more upset that Transformers lost to Golden Compass in VISUAL EFFECTS...are you kidding me????????????????/

        Also, Transformers lost to Ultimatum in Sound Effects editing. um. NO.
        Hmm.... sorry. I think Juno was a great movie.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
          Hmm.... sorry. I think Juno was a great movie.
          didn't do anything for me.

          it was basically listening to actual little high school girls i know that think they know everything about life....

          she was just too annoying for me. i can't stand little high schoolers that think they know more about something in the past than people who actually were alive to see it or experience it. ugh.

          Michael Cera should've been nominated over Ellen Page.
          sigpic

          DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
            didn't do anything for me.

            it was basically listening to actual little high school girls i know that think they know everything about life....

            she was just too annoying for me. i can't stand little high schoolers that think they know more about something in the past than people who actually were alive to see it or experience it. ugh.

            Michael Cera should've been nominated over Ellen Page.
            I thought Ellen Page was great in the part, and felt she did a fantastic job.

            I personally don't think the guy that won the male supporting actor should have won. He did a good job, but I just don't think the part itself warranted that award when there was a lot of really good acting jobs done this year. He did well, but to me, it wasn't that good.

            Comment


            • #7
              Isn't that like the first time it has rained at the awards in years? I could be wrong.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                Isn't that like the first time it has rained at the awards in years? I could be wrong.
                i dunno but john stewart playing Wii Tennis was hilarious.
                sigpic

                DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

                Comment

                Working...
                X