X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loyalty
    Practice Squad
    • Dec 2004

I actually liked Salisbury. I thought he would say the unpopular idea and provoke discussion. I don't like Cris Carter, the guy replacing him, but ESPN is old news anyways. I don't regularly watch their football stuff. Here is the link to the news story from the USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colum...ter-espn_N.htm
    Broncos fans since age 6.
    Fanatical Broncos fan since 1991.
    Favorite Player: John Elway
    Favorite Coach: Mike Shanahan

Comment

• Legendary30
      The Honey Badger
      • Dec 2007

Now if they can drop John Clayton, I'd be happy. I can't stand him either.
      sigpic

Comment

• theshiverman
        Starter
        • Feb 2004

ESPN Fires Sean Salisbury

I never cared much for this guy anyway.

By Michael McCarthy, USA TODAY
        ESPN said late Tuesday it was parting ways with longtime football analyst Sean Salisbury. The surprise announcement came only hours after the network announced its hiring of Cris Carter from HBO's Inside the NFL.
        "Sean Salisbury has made many contributions to our efforts for the past 12 years. We thank him and wish him all the best," said ESPN spokesman Bill Hofheimer.

Salisbury said in a statement that he had "grown as much as I can at ESPN" and that he decided to expand his horizons with new opportunities in TV, radio, Internet, publishing, movies and public speaking. "My résumé speaks for itself as a football analyst, and I believe I can talk all sports with the best of them."

Networks frequently shuffle their lineups in the offseason. Salisbury's contract with ESPN was up, according to his agent Steve Mandell. "Sean is looking forward to the next phase of his career."

Earlier in the day, ESPN announced Carter had joined the network as a TV and radio analyst. Carter was a plain-spoken TV presence on Inside the NFL. Unlike some league officials, he didn't seem eager to sweep the New England Patriots videotaping scandal under the rug. Carter says there's still major questions that "need to be answered" about the controversy and that many people aren't satisfied with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's handling of the issue. "The Patriots are a modern-day dynasty. If they created an advantage (for themselves), it needs to be looked into."
        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

• rockrules40
          Bench Warmer
          • Jan 2005

YEY!!! I hate Sean Salisbury, now i wont have to hear him talk

Comment

• kratos_godofwar
            Bench Warmer
            • Oct 2006

LOL, I was just going to report this. Good Riddance, he's the worst analyst of them all. Now they just need to get rid of Flyod Reese.

Comment

• 24SuperChamp
              Starter
              • Feb 2006

It took long enough....

He NEVER had anything good to say about the Broncos....

He sure was on the Patriot bandwagon though!
              sigpic

Comment

• BroncoSexyDaddy
                Football Immortal
                • May 2005

Wow,thats hard to believe.Just like Micheal Erving

Comment

• Ravage!!!
                  Trouble
                  • Feb 2004

Clayton is awesome.... Salisbury was/is a doooooooosh

Comment

• Ravage!!!
                    Trouble
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by 24SuperChamp View Post
                    It took long enough....

He NEVER had anything good to say about the Broncos....

He sure was on the Patriot bandwagon though!
                    Well.. he grew up a Raiders fan, and then played shortly for the Chargers.

Comment

• jetrazor74
                      Invincible Iron Fan
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by AsianOrange View Post
                      I think I am in the minority but I enjoyed Sean Salisbury. He always was a huge Broncos supporter and when the team does bad, he tries to make escuses for them.

I think he got canned or is leaving because he called John Clayton the Crypt keeper

http://thebiglead.com/?p=4511
                      This guy was the biggest "say whatever is popular" sportscaster I've ever seen. (Right after Michael "Seahawks are going to win it all, I'll take the Steelers in the Super Bowl" Irvin!)

Broncos supporter? In 2005 before the season began he was talking about how well the Broncos were going to do that season, then after the season opening loss to the Phins, all he could talk about was how a dismal Miami squad had beaten the most overrated team in the AFC.

Week-in and week-out, he would jump on whatever seemed to be the most popular thing to say, without any kind of original thought of his own. The NFL world will be better without other people's opinions drooling out of his mouth.

Good-bye Sean, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!!

Comment

Working...
                      X