Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Swayze Given 5 Weeks To Live

WOW!! XM Radio just reported this story so I went and looked it up:

LOS ANGELES, March 5 (UPI) -- U.S. actor Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and is only expected to live another five weeks, The National Enquirer reported Wednesday.

Touting the story as a "shocking world exclusive," the U.S. tabloid newspaper said Swayze was diagnosed in January with pancreatic cancer that has spread to other organs.

The New York Post's Page Six column said Swayze's representative confirmed he has been diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer and may only have a short time to live.

Swayze, 55, is best known for his roles in "The Outsiders," "Dirty Dancing" and "Ghost."

The Enquirer claimed the actor has been undergoing radical chemotherapy treatment at Stanford University's cancer center in Palo Alto, Calif. However, it also said his doctors are no longer optimistic the treatment will be successful.

Story Link

You may think Aw Yes... Good Ol National Enquirer

This from Yahoo:

Yahoo Link
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

sigpic

Comment

Wow, that sucks.

Comment

Sorry to see this. I had a close friend die from pancreatic cancer. He was 34 when he passed away. He lived about 18 months after an original diagnosis of less than 6 months to live. Not that there are any good forms of cancer, but pancreatic has to be one of the worst.
        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by redbirdy80 View Post
          My wife's exact reaction.

It is sad.

I use a quote of his from Red Dawn all the time here at work when somebody asks me if I remember something.

When speaking to his father in the movie discussing his childhood he tears up and says... "I Remember.... I Remember ALL OF IT"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
            Sorry to see this. I had a close friend die from pancreatic cancer. He was 34 when he passed away. He lived about 18 months after an original diagnosis of less than 6 months to live. Not that there are any good forms of cancer, but pancreatic has to be one of the worst.
            Sorry to hear about your friend. And you're right. I'm no expert, but I too have heard it is one of the worst.

sigpic

Comment

OMG!!!

This is so terrrible!!!

My prayers and thoughts are with him and his family!!

Comment

Most of that article is UNTRUE...

Patrick Swayze is being treated for pancreatic cancer but is doing well enough to continue working, his representative said Wednesday.

The "Dirty Dancing" actor has a very limited amount of disease and appears to be responding well to treatment, according to Dr. George Fisher, Swayze's physician. Fisher's prognosis was included in a statement released Wednesday by Swayze's representative, Annett Wolf.

"Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far," the statement read. "All of the reports stating the timeframe of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic. Patrick is continuing his normal schedule during this time, which includes working on upcoming projects. The outpouring of support and concern he has already received from the public is deeply appreciated by Patrick and his family."

The New York Post and the National Enquirer, however, reported that Swayze is losing his battle to cancer and only has a few more weeks to live.

The Enquirer reported that the actor, 55, has been undergoing chemotherapy at Stanford University Hospital, but the treatment has had little or no effect on treating the cancer.

The actor has two projects in the works: the movie "Powder Blue," and a television movie titled "The Beast," according to the Web site imdb.com. Both are scheduled for release this year.

Comment

Originally posted by calibroncogrl47 View Post
                  Most of that article is UNTRUE...

Patrick Swayze is being treated for pancreatic cancer but is doing well enough to continue working, his representative said Wednesday.

The "Dirty Dancing" actor has a very limited amount of disease and appears to be responding well to treatment, according to Dr. George Fisher, Swayze's physician. Fisher's prognosis was included in a statement released Wednesday by Swayze's representative, Annett Wolf.

"Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far," the statement read. "All of the reports stating the timeframe of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic. Patrick is continuing his normal schedule during this time, which includes working on upcoming projects. The outpouring of support and concern he has already received from the public is deeply appreciated by Patrick and his family."

The New York Post and the National Enquirer, however, reported that Swayze is losing his battle to cancer and only has a few more weeks to live.

The Enquirer reported that the actor, 55, has been undergoing chemotherapy at Stanford University Hospital, but the treatment has had little or no effect on treating the cancer.

The actor has two projects in the works: the movie "Powder Blue," and a television movie titled "The Beast," according to the Web site imdb.com. Both are scheduled for release this year.
                  Whoah, seriously?

I could strangle someone at the Enquirer or the Post right now!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Whoah, seriously?

I could strangle someone at the Enquirer or the Post right now!!!
                    Quick info: The National Enquirer is a hotbed for GOSSIP. I don't know if they do this anymore, but their front pages used to have alien sightings.

As for the NY Post, they are the stepchild newspaper in NYC. Compared to other papers in NYC such as The Daily News and the NY Times, they are 4th, right behind Street News, the newspaper made by the homeless, for the homeless.

Comment

Something has to be wrong when the New York Post is reporting the same material as the National Enquirer. Since when is the National Enquirer a reliable source for information? I believe this story more when it comes from an actual news source. http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...04120&GT1=7701
                      I am hoping for a speedy recovery for Patrick Swayze. He is among my favorite actors and I truly admire his dancing skills. I hope that he beats the odds.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                        Quick info: The National Enquirer is a hotbed for GOSSIP. I don't know if they do this anymore, but their front pages used to have alien sightings.

As for the NY Post, they are the stepchild newspaper in NYC. Compared to other papers in NYC such as The Daily News and the NY Times, they are 4th, right behind Street News, the newspaper made by the homeless, for the homeless.

I know... I just didn't realize that's where the story came from...

The link BM69 posted was from Yahoo and looked legit.

*shrug*

Just glad it might not be so serious.
                        sigpic

Comment

*shrug*

Well unfortunately, it might be. Pancreatic cancer does not have a very good survival rate. Those who live up to 5 years are considered very rare. I believe total remission is even more rare. The Post and Enquirer might've stretched the truth and dramatized it for readers. I hope Swayze gets well and becomes one of those rare breeds.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                            Well unfortunately, it might be. Pancreatic cancer does not have a very good survival rate. Those who live up to 5 years are considered very rare. I believe total remission is even more rare. The Post and Enquirer might've stretched the truth and dramatized it for readers. I hope Swayze gets well and becomes one of those rare breeds.
                            Me too.

My thoughts and prayers are w/ him and his loved ones as they go through this, no matter what it may bring...
                            sigpic

Comment

*shrug*

I went to several different links and saw pretty much the same thing. I guess once word broke, they all ran with what little they knew.

Now AOL is reporting what appears to be a little more accurate this morning.

AOL Report

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X