All Things MUSIC!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Things MUSIC!!

I figured we have some musicians in here or fans of music, so why not have a thread where we can post up random stuff we would like to share. Everything from Tunes, Instruments, gigs, etc./whatever Enjoy! (NOTE TO MODS: If there is a thread like this already, please feel free to merge or delete this thread )

I stumbled upon this on Youtube, thought it was pretty tight

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pZ9jrBg4Lwc
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Psh. It is about time.

Well, I play bass and tuba, and right now I am learning to play guitar, but it is not working out to well. I used to be in several bands, but football messed that up.

During the offseason I love to sit here and just jam. If anyone is looking for a new band to listen to, there is a local ska band here that is amazing. I can hook you up with their Myspace.

What does everyone else play.

Oh, and stud. I think Jazzman started a thread like this last summer, I am not sure though.

Comment

right up my alley. i'm a music major and i love love love music. i play sax, clarinet, and a little piano. i started a thread a while ago about seeing if some of us who live in the Denver area that play would be interested in getting together just to jam if anything

Comment

Originally posted by Orange_Crush30 View Post
        Psh. It is about time.

Well, I play bass and tuba, and right now I am learning to play guitar, but it is not working out to well. I used to be in several bands, but football messed that up.

During the offseason I love to sit here and just jam. If anyone is looking for a new band to listen to, there is a local ska band here that is amazing. I can hook you up with their Myspace.

What does everyone else play.

Oh, and stud. I think Jazzman started a thread like this last summer, I am not sure though.

I just had a vision of a guy sitting by himself in front of the computer, jammin on the tuba!!!

Comment

I like the idea!

This will be moved to entertainment though probably
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I've got a bc rich warlock 4 string bass going into a fender bassman 250.

but my amp is broke.
            the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Right on!! Glad to see you guys liked the thread idea. Anyone gig anywhere? I am a brass player myself (Trombone). It has been fun, I got to play for the Disney Channel back in high school. I have recorded 3 cd's (Was NOT a multi platinum kinda album) with a local Philharmonic Orchestra. I recently picked up the guitar. I have a 1960 Gibson Les Paul Junior. Having such a guitar and not knowing how to play it I think is a sin, so with all my spare time I practice different chords.

Comment

Bassist and alto saxophonist. I also programme synthesisers. And drum machines. I'm also suffer from the terrible bassist affliction of having to have vast amounts of kit. So I've now put a cap on it and I'm not getting any more equipment for 5 years (with the exception of something dying in my rig):

My kitlist is as follows:

Basses: 1995 Pedulla Rapture RB5 (5string), 2007 Warwick Streamer $$ 5 String (ebony fretboard)

Amp: Ashdown ABM-500 EVOII (one of the last ones made in Britain...)

Effects: EBS Multicomp Dual Band Compressor, Digitech Whammy 4, EMMA Discombobulator, Boss LS-2, EHX Sovtek Big Muff Pi, Boss ODB-3, Boss OC-3, MXR Blowtorch, Akai Deep Impact Synth, DHA VT2 Dual Bass Custom (dual valve overdrive), Subdecay Noisebox, MXR Phase 90 (modded) Boss DD-6 Delay, Ebow

Synth: Alesis Micron

sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

GOOD LORD!!!!! Wow that is one hell of a setup!!! Right on man!! Keep rockin'! Do you have files on youtube we can hear? I have a question though, when you use one effect and click another, does it cancel out the previous effect? Or do you have to turn off the first one before kicking on the second?

Comment

I play guitar, bass and do some synth.
                    Currently I'm playing in 2 bands but soon hopefully more though football takes more and more time.

Check them out and feel free to add them :
                    www.myspace.com/thejohndoemassacre
                    www.myspace.com/vidocqmusic
                    "Brady... drops back... sees receiver wide open... and throws it away"

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud View Post
                      GOOD LORD!!!!! Wow that is one hell of a setup!!! Right on man!! Keep rockin'! Do you have files on youtube we can hear? I have a question though, when you use one effect and click another, does it cancel out the previous effect? Or do you have to turn off the first one before kicking on the second?
                      To be honest I don't really have much of a recording setup but if I can get a friend to make a live vid or two I'll post them up the effects are all individual but I use a looper in the middle so I can switch the effects I use most quite easily. I also mix them quite a lot if I want one particular sound for a song. Quite handy actually!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muse View Post
                        To be honest I don't really have much of a recording setup but if I can get a friend to make a live vid or two I'll post them up the effects are all individual but I use a looper in the middle so I can switch the effects I use most quite easily. I also mix them quite a lot if I want one particular sound for a song. Quite handy actually!
                        So you can have two effects going on at the same time? I wasnt really sure how those things worked. I recently heard the effect "tremolo" on the Danelectro website it sounded tight.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud View Post
                          So you can have two effects going on at the same time? I wasnt really sure how those things worked. I recently heard the effect "tremolo" on the Danelectro website it sounded tight.
                          Well, I've got 4 distortion pedals alone. Each of them have their individual sound (ODB-3 is very rough, high gain; Big Muff is also rough but it's got a much fatter sound; the VT-2 Dual Bass has two overdrives in it, single tube and dual tube. Single tube's good for a little grit, two is good for heavy but controlled overdrive; the Blowtorch is buzzsaw fuzz. It's incredible ). I often mix the Big Muff and ODB-3 in serial as it produces a really gritty sound. Either that or I mix the Blowtorch in parallel with the Big Muff which is synthy but still really fat. I also run synth parallel to distortion or serial into the Blowtorch. Other good mixers are the Discombobulator (which is an autowah) into distortion and any distortion (except the Big Muff) into the MXR Phase 90. I keep the EBS Multicomp compressor on at all times, it's probably the best pedal on my rig. Although it doesn't immediately sound different, you notice a world of difference in dynamics etc. if I were to play the same riff with and without.
                          sigpic

Comment

I sing, play the piano, and a little guitar. I'm in a classical phase right now; I've mainly been listening to Handel and the soundtrack from "The Piano". I suggest you check out the soundtrack even if you don't like classical normally. It's stunning. Also, cool alternate version of "Promontory" from the "Last of the Mohicans" soundtrack.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

I'm in a rock band.

This is my favorite instrument........

My friend plays these.......

We are going to be famous someday!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X