All Things MUSIC!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muse View Post
    Well, I've got 4 distortion pedals alone. Each of them have their individual sound (ODB-3 is very rough, high gain; Big Muff is also rough but it's got a much fatter sound; the VT-2 Dual Bass has two overdrives in it, single tube and dual tube. Single tube's good for a little grit, two is good for heavy but controlled overdrive; the Blowtorch is buzzsaw fuzz. It's incredible ). I often mix the Big Muff and ODB-3 in serial as it produces a really gritty sound. Either that or I mix the Blowtorch in parallel with the Big Muff which is synthy but still really fat. I also run synth parallel to distortion or serial into the Blowtorch. Other good mixers are the Discombobulator (which is an autowah) into distortion and any distortion (except the Big Muff) into the MXR Phase 90. I keep the EBS Multicomp compressor on at all times, it's probably the best pedal on my rig. Although it doesn't immediately sound different, you notice a world of difference in dynamics etc. if I were to play the same riff with and without.
    Wow! You really know whats up with all that stuff. Please tell me you gig and not just rehearse at home.
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

ANyone in the los angeles area?

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud View Post
        ANyone in the los angeles area?
        Guess not.

Comment

Working...
        X