Remember Tecmo Super Bowl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Tecmo Super Bowl?

Madden is cool, but let us not forget the original: Tecmo Super Bowl. One guy even did his whole website with graphics from the game.

check it and respect it.

www.nflpicker.com

Cool looking site. Tecmo was the first great football game in video games.

Comment

One thing I remember about that game is if you ran backwards with the Q (until the screen scrolled past your line) then threw it to to a go-route it was almost impossible for a defender (not AI) to stop you from catching it all day long because the ball would get there about the same time the field scrolled back to the WR and defendes and the defender would be scrambleing to find which man he was controlling let alone stop you. and the defender was almost never close to the WR.
      Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 08-23-2003, 10:45 PM.

Comment

was that the one when you get a good hit, all the under armour would explode?

Comment

Remember Tecmo?! It ruined my college career!!!

Check out the lead column in the ESPN Magazine. A definate must read for all you old Tecmo heads out there! A true tribute to "Tecmo Bo" and if you played, it will bring back fond memories!!!!

Comment

The frist great Football Game (on TV of course, even had the sSega version) - they had the city namesa on the nintendo version and colors, but not the mascot name. And I remember only 16 teams.

The Sega version Had everything, stats, everything from leading rusher and tackler to rankings.

Custom playbooks, you could edit and change your play selection, you'd still only have four run and four pass plays but you could change the play book each game.
            Do you know where a fella can get a rub and a tug round here?

Comment

That HAS to be from Tecmo Super Bowl or Super Tecmo Bowl. The second one. The first one didn't have all the teams, and the second one did.

My fondest memory of the second one was just how ridculous it was to take a crappy team and just have ridiculous stats. I used to take the Rams on occasion, because Cleveland Gary was impossible to tackle, and Jim Everett could throw to Henry Ellard and Flipper ANderson an get a TD every time. It was awesome. Then Sometimes I would take the Saints, just have the opposing offense have negative yardags. That was when they has those 4 really good linebackers.

And of course, I would take the bronocs and get like 300 yds rushing with Bobby Humphrey one game and pass for 400 with Elway the next, which is saying something considering that none of the recievers they gave him had great speed.

Nevr could beat the Raiders in that game. Brown, Fernandez, Allen, and JAckson were just way too fast for the Broncos defenders. :-(
              Last edited by Jared; 09-23-2003, 10:57 PM.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

Comment

I used to smoke that game so bad.... Set up my own running plays, have Elway dop back and throw a 90yard bomb, then let David treadwell kick the exta point. Heck I stil have Tecmo Bowl 1 & 3 somewhere here.
                The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Since we are talking Tecmo Bowl, I know some if you get ESPN the Magazine. WHat do you think of the Sports guy saying that Vick is challenging Bo Jackson for all time video football greatest? I haven;t played MAdden 2004, and I probably won;t be able too, since I am not planning on buying a new gaming system. Jackson was just unstoppable. You couldn't tackle him, and he could out run everybody. My cousin used to take the Raiders until we banned anyone from taking them, because he could rush for 1,000 yards in a game. It was frustrating. Did they make Vick THAT much better than everyone else?

Comment

hahaah... funny post.

Super Tecmo Bowl. lmao. My friends and I used to have all night tourneyments when we were in school. Good Times.

Bo Jackson did kick major ass.

Another player that kicked major ass from another game, was Charlie Garner in 1994 Joe Montana's football. It was like some glitch, he was untackleable... and he was a backup for the Eagles at that time. I found him on a fluke and used him all the time.

Yeah, I downloaded a bunch of nintendo emulaters and Im gonna play Tecmo Bowl right now. :-)
                    [nelson] Hah Hah! [/nelson]

Comment

Originally posted by chi3fs

Yeah, I downloaded a bunch of nintendo emulaters and Im gonna play Tecmo Bowl right now. :-)
                      Where can I get one of those? I still HAVE my old NES, but the game is completely unreliable to play a season on. Won't save jack.

I do have the Dreamcast and have NFL 2k2. Pretty good. The Pats are not superbowl worthy. Traded to get Jake, and they actually make him pretty decent. Its weird. Had to create Portis though. Even maxing everything out to the best of my ability, he only gets a 76 out of 100. Haven't tried to create Lelie or Kennedy.

No one dominates quite like Bo Jackson did.

Comment

well i got all of the Nintendo games in One click off of Kazaa... and all the atari games as well, also Sega Genesis and all the Original Arcade games... all in 4 files.

Then you need the emulators for the files that run the systems ROM files [the games are called ROM's] I got those online also.

If you have problem finding them, private message me, or I can connect with you via an instant messager. I wouldnt want to upload them to one of my online servers due to copyrights, but I can direct connect and send them. The files are surprisingly small.

All 4 systems and the games fit on ONE CD. the complete archive our our video gaming past, on one disk. Amazing, innit?

Comment

The memories of all the tourney's we used to have, I could use the same play everydown and win the game with the player just known as "player #" used to get all amped on Mt. Dew and play all night...
                          Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Originally posted by chi3fs
                            well i got all of the Nintendo games in One click off of Kazaa... and all the atari games as well, also Sega Genesis and all the Original Arcade games... all in 4 files.

Then you need the emulators for the files that run the systems ROM files [the games are called ROM's] I got those online also.

If you have problem finding them, private message me, or I can connect with you via an instant messager. I wouldnt want to upload them to one of my online servers due to copyrights, but I can direct connect and send them. The files are surprisingly small.

All 4 systems and the games fit on ONE CD. the complete archive our our video gaming past, on one disk. Amazing, innit?
                            Shows you how complex the programming has gotten, or maybe just how easily were were amused.

Please do drop me a private message with a link or an email with an attachement or something. That would be fun to re-live.

Comment

did you figure it out? I have been playing it every day since this thread reminded me... funny stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X