Digital Television SUCKS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Television SUCKS!!

so i just bought my converter boxes a couple of days ago. I thought that I was in for a treat. I set it up and plug it into my T.V. and....disappointment sets in. Yeah the picture is great IF you actually get the channel. I was missing channel 7, 9, 20, and occassionally lost the signal to channel 31. It does get rid of the snowball or shadow thing, but either you see the channel in great quality or you don't see the channel at all. It's absolutely ridiculous and there's going to be A LOT of complaining about this stupid digital T.V. switch. How are we gonna watch Broncos games?!?! If you share the same feelings about this Digital Television switch and these converter boxes, I wanna hear about it

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

I was wondering when and who would start in on this.

We are LCD HD on DirecTV so we don't have to deal with this "digital" thing.

I'm worried about my garage TV though with it's rabbit ears.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post

I also have DirecTV, but I don't have a package that includes local channels so I'm forced to watch Broncos games on channel 4 or 31...and I just can't see this Digital Television being anything more than a pain in the a**

sigpic

Comment

I've got digital cable, so I'm already taken care of. It's basically going to suck for anyone without cable or satellite tv!

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
          I've got digital cable, so I'm already taken care of. It's basically going to suck for anyone without cable or satellite tv!
          It's complete BS what they're telling people. Saying it's better TV for free. the bottom line is it sucks, it cuts out on channels and sometimes doesn't even pick up popular channels like 4, 7, 9, 20, and 31. I would rather keep my rabbit ears because I can more or less see what's going on with sound instead of this digital TV which skips like a scratched DVD

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
            I also have DirecTV, but I don't have a package that includes local channels so I'm forced to watch Broncos games on channel 4 or 31...and I just can't see this Digital Television being anything more than a pain in the a**
            What's strange about the local channel thing is that St George, 50 miles south of us and MUCH bigger of a city doesn't get the locals in HD when we do here in Cedar.

Even the directv people said we are fortunate.

Even more so because Salt Lake City broadcasts the Bronco games.
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Nothing to worry about here with Digital Cable...

Maybe it's time for others to look into getting cable? Otherwise, there's nothing you can do...this was bound to happen.
              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

you should be able to get the package with the local channels from DirecTV. My folks have DirecTV out in Colorado and they have no problems getting the local channels.

Living out here in IL, I have to get Sunday Ticket. Our local games are Colts, Bears or Rams
                sigpic
                Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                -Sean Payton

Comment

so i just bought my converter boxes a couple of days ago. I thought that I was in for a treat. I set it up and plug it into my T.V. and....disappointment sets in. Yeah the picture is great IF you actually get the channel. I was missing channel 7, 9, 20, and occassionally lost the signal to channel 31. It does get rid of the snowball or shadow thing, but either you see the channel in great quality or you don't see the channel at all. It's absolutely ridiculous and there's going to be A LOT of complaining about this stupid digital T.V. switch. How are we gonna watch Broncos games?!?! If you share the same feelings about this Digital Television switch and these converter boxes, I wanna hear about it
                  Can you get some kind of signal amplifier from Radio Shack or something? It sounds like you're just a little too far from the source.
                  "You can't take the sky from me..."
                  ------
                  "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                    Can you get some kind of signal amplifier from Radio Shack or something? It sounds like you're just a little too far from the source.
                    hmmm...that could be? Or have those channels gone digital yet?
                    sigpic
                    Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                    -Sean Payton

Comment

I live just north of Denver, so I can't be too far. Also I get those channels once in a while when the damn box chooses to give them to me. This stupid idea of digital television is gonna bite the government right on its ass...people are gonna be pissed!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post

You can run a cable from your house TV to the garage one (might need a splitter, but those are no big deal). That's what I did with my DishNetwork feed. They're both on the same receiver, but so what? I just have to keep my boys from changing over to SpongeBob while I am in the garage!
                        Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                        FF is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
                          hmmm...that could be? Or have those channels gone digital yet?
                          I don't think they ALL go digital until 2009, right? I'm thinking along your lines.

Comment

am I the only one who bought the converter boxes?

Who else has bought those stupid pieces of crap?

sigpic

Comment

am I the only one who bought the converter boxes?

Who else has bought those stupid pieces of crap?
                              I think you are the only one to jump fast on the gun

Comment

Working...
                              X