No announcement yet.

Favorite band/singer/type of music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i like R&B / RAP but it depends on who is the artist. but most of alll i love my gospel.
    I'm Such A Lady

Comment

i listen to mostly rap. my favorite rapper is twista (and bone thugs-n-harmony). i like his style cause he raps FAST! If you want to hear a sample, go to twista.net (or twistamusic.com) and click on the media section. There will be a list of audio's and you can pick one to listen to. I suggest you pick the DJ Kay Slay freestyle song. Its not one of his faster ones, but you cant name a beter lyricist than him on that track.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite band/singer/type of music?

Originally posted by Jared
        I last saw them on the "Hear in the Now Frontier" tour. I heard Chris Degarmo is back, is that true? I haven't picked up "Tribe" yet. Definitely one of the most thoughtful of the 80's rock bands. And musically strong and diverse. Earlier, clearly influenced by Maiden and Priest. Later more melodic and concise structures, similar to what Rush was doing at the time. "Promised Land" did remind me of a metallic version of Pink Floyd. Always something different with those guys.

No Degarmo is definately NOT back...he did the work on Tribe but didn't tour although the 2nd leg is coming in 2004, or at least that's what I heard and who knows; maybe he'll join then! Tribe is a very, VERY different style of music for QR. I didn't think I would care for it but the more I listened the more it grew on me. My favorite will always be Empire

Comment

im more into the metal/hard rock. like korn slipknot nothingface and hatebreed's not bad either.
          sigpic

Comment

Re: Favorite band/singer/type of music?

Originally posted by edmccaffrey87
            Just wondering what type of music you guys are into... a survey for school.
            Bon Jovi, the Beatles, Boston, VanHalen. John Cougar, Cher, ABBA,
            Creedence, Elvis, Willie Nelson, just to name a few, I'm sure I'm forgtting some.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
              i listen to mostly rap. my favorite rapper is twista (and bone thugs-n-harmony). i like his style cause he raps FAST! If you want to hear a sample, go to twista.net (or twistamusic.com) and click on the media section. There will be a list of audio's and you can pick one to listen to. I suggest you pick the DJ Kay Slay freestyle song. Its not one of his faster ones, but you cant name a beter lyricist than him on that track.
              oh and I forgot tech n9ne. They dont sell bone thugs and harmony over here. Ive looked in the PX, and they dont have it. Ill have to pick some up off the net.

If you take what I have to say seriously, then I'm embarrassed for you.

Comment

Oingo Boingo, Rush, Incubus.
                ...And [sic 'he'] is given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth....

Comment

I like mostly everything...however,

tool/A Perfect Circle > *

Comment

Kid Rock

Clinton and Rod chillin with the fans.

Comment

hes okay but i prefer bands like slipknot or korn.
                      sigpic

Comment

Despite hating everything associated with Kansas City, for obvious reasons, I have to say my favorite band of all time is ..
                        Kansas. They originated in Topeka, which isn't actually KC, but it's close enough. They are musical geniuses and are still putting on an awesome show, thirty years later.

Tony
                        GO BRONCOS

Comment

Muse:

www.muse.mu

UK rock band from Devon (medium-heavy neo-classical orchestral rock), buckets of talent but the neo-classical part of their music may not sait well with you people. Some of the best bass-work I've heard in the last few years. They have three albums: Showbiz, Origin of Symmetry and Absolution. All great albums. They've also won 'Best Live Band Award' several times. Download these songs off Kazaa for a taster:

Newborn
                          Stockholm Syndrome
                          Showbiz
                          Citizen Erased
                          Hysteria
                          Butterflies and Hurricanes

British rock music has always been the best. Not that ****ty Linkin park or good charlotte crap.
                          sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Working...
                          X