• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muse
    replied
    Muse:

www.muse.mu

UK rock band from Devon (medium-heavy neo-classical orchestral rock), buckets of talent but the neo-classical part of their music may not sait well with you people. Some of the best bass-work I've heard in the last few years. They have three albums: Showbiz, Origin of Symmetry and Absolution. All great albums. They've also won 'Best Live Band Award' several times. Download these songs off Kazaa for a taster:

Newborn
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Showbiz
    Citizen Erased
    Hysteria
    Butterflies and Hurricanes

British rock music has always been the best. Not that ****ty Linkin park or good charlotte crap.

Leave a comment:

• amikus44
    replied
    Despite hating everything associated with Kansas City, for obvious reasons, I have to say my favorite band of all time is ..
    Kansas. They originated in Topeka, which isn't actually KC, but it's close enough. They are musical geniuses and are still putting on an awesome show, thirty years later.

Tony

Leave a comment:

• Zmabe
    replied
    hes okay but i prefer bands like slipknot or korn.

Leave a comment:

• DarkLiger1
    replied
    Kid Rock

Leave a comment:

• Maverick
    replied
    I like mostly everything...however,

tool/A Perfect Circle > *

Leave a comment:

• palehorse
    replied
    Oingo Boingo, Rush, Incubus.

Leave a comment:

• Broncofan-13
    replied
    Originally posted by Return of Lava
    i listen to mostly rap. my favorite rapper is twista (and bone thugs-n-harmony). i like his style cause he raps FAST! If you want to hear a sample, go to twista.net (or twistamusic.com) and click on the media section. There will be a list of audio's and you can pick one to listen to. I suggest you pick the DJ Kay Slay freestyle song. Its not one of his faster ones, but you cant name a beter lyricist than him on that track.
    oh and I forgot tech n9ne. They dont sell bone thugs and harmony over here. Ive looked in the PX, and they dont have it. Ill have to pick some up off the net.

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    Re: Favorite band/singer/type of music?

Originally posted by edmccaffrey87
    Just wondering what type of music you guys are into... a survey for school.
    Bon Jovi, the Beatles, Boston, VanHalen. John Cougar, Cher, ABBA,
    Creedence, Elvis, Willie Nelson, just to name a few, I'm sure I'm forgtting some.

Leave a comment:

• Zmabe
    replied
    im more into the metal/hard rock. like korn slipknot nothingface and hatebreed's not bad either.

Leave a comment:

• #84FAN
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite band/singer/type of music?

Originally posted by Jared
    I last saw them on the "Hear in the Now Frontier" tour. I heard Chris Degarmo is back, is that true? I haven't picked up "Tribe" yet. Definitely one of the most thoughtful of the 80's rock bands. And musically strong and diverse. Earlier, clearly influenced by Maiden and Priest. Later more melodic and concise structures, similar to what Rush was doing at the time. "Promised Land" did remind me of a metallic version of Pink Floyd. Always something different with those guys.

No Degarmo is definately NOT back...he did the work on Tribe but didn't tour although the 2nd leg is coming in 2004, or at least that's what I heard and who knows; maybe he'll join then! Tribe is a very, VERY different style of music for QR. I didn't think I would care for it but the more I listened the more it grew on me. My favorite will always be Empire

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    i listen to mostly rap. my favorite rapper is twista (and bone thugs-n-harmony). i like his style cause he raps FAST! If you want to hear a sample, go to twista.net (or twistamusic.com) and click on the media section. There will be a list of audio's and you can pick one to listen to. I suggest you pick the DJ Kay Slay freestyle song. Its not one of his faster ones, but you cant name a beter lyricist than him on that track.

Leave a comment:

• neisha26
    replied
    well i like R&B / RAP but it depends on who is the artist. but most of alll i love my gospel.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Re: good MMMuuusssiiiccc

Originally posted by donkeypong
    The usual suspects:
    Hendrix, Floyd, Who, Zeppelin, Tull, Zappa, Aerosmith, Allmans, Cars, Dire Straits, Police, Pretenders, Pistols, Costello, REM, Gabriel ... on & on.

Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Moussorgsky, et al ... sooner or later, every true music lover will discover that there's a good reason this stuff is still around.

Hey, somebody else likes XTC! I've never even met anyone who's heard of 'em. What an original band. Other "other"s: School of Fish, Todd Snider, Sonia Dada, & the incomparable Little Feat.

I like a lot of newer stuff, too; I just don't pay as much attention anymore.

Yes: Country blows. Originality is a foreign concept to these "artists": half the titles come from bumper stickers.

Don't like rap, either; probably I'm too old to.

And sorry, Ozz: I never liked Sabbath, even a little. Well, except Iron Man, & I was 17 then.

As a former rock musician though (2 #&@%!n decades), my hugest inspiration through the years was and is: Todd Rundgren, with or without Utopia. That man's a freaking genius.
    Rundgren is definitely very original. Kind of an acquired taste. I respect him. And I can't believe no one else has ever heard of XTC where you are. Wow. Gotta open their eyes.

Country. I wrote on here about how its a very earnest and emotional form of music, and that seems kind of hokey to a lot of people, even to me to an extent. But like other genres, there are artists I like and respect, and "artists" who I think are trash.

I keep hearing about Todd Snider. Who is he and why do I keep hearing his name. Is it worth checking out?

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Favorite band/singer/type of music?

Originally posted by #84FAN
    Ahhhh....very nice list of bands. I especially like your choice of Queensryche! Did you happen to catch them on tour this year? I saw them in Denver this summer...they rocked!! Met them after the concert too...great bunch of guys.
    I last saw them on the "Hear in the Now Frontier" tour. I heard Chris Degarmo is back, is that true? I haven't picked up "Tribe" yet. Definitely one of the most thoughtful of the 80's rock bands. And musically strong and diverse. Earlier, clearly influenced by Maiden and Priest. Later more melodic and concise structures, similar to what Rush was doing at the time. "Promised Land" did remind me of a metallic version of Pink Floyd. Always something different with those guys.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Favorite band/singer/type of music?

Originally posted by LawDog
    After a quick breeze through your list, I don't see any C&W. Don't you work at KSON? Isn't that a country station? Isn't that like rootin' for the raiduhs?

P.S. I'd add Foreigner to your classic rock list - only the old stuff, not the gooey, later stuff.

I'm working at KSON right now actually! I am a radio professional, and I am enough of a radio and music junkie that i certainly keep up with country, but its not my first choice. I can't relate to a lot of the lyrics and lifestyle. I do own some Waylon Jennings, Vince Gill, the Dixie Chicks, and Garth Brooks. I did light rock/ for two years, and I am no way a fan of Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Phil collins and the like. I don't HATE the music, but being a die hard fan is not a job requirement.

I do like some Foreigner. My fave song is actually "Long Long Way from Home" Always dug that riff in the beginning. Also like "Blue Morning, Blue Day"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X