Metallica - Death Magnetic 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallica - Death Magnetic 2008

Anyone pick up the newest album from Metallica?

I just got it at best buy, and I can say that it's pretty darn good. Only 10 songs, but they are the classic Metallica 7+ minute songs.

The Unforgiven III and Th Day that Never comes are my favorites so far...

Metallica... they always seem to impress me, even if they are "old".

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Anyone pick up the newest album from Metallica?

I just got it at best buy, and I can say that it's pretty darn good. Only 10 songs, but they are the classic Metallica 7+ minute songs.

The Unforgiven III and Th Day that Never comes are my favorites so far...

Metallica... they always seem to impress me, even if they are "old".
    I personally hated The Day That Never Comes. Lyrics suck but the intro and end is sick.

Comment

not good. not bad. just average. Like a mediocre metallica rip-off band.
      the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93 View Post
        not good. not bad. just average. Like a mediocre metallica rip-off band.
        But it is Metallica.

Comment

But it is Metallica.
          Exactly. It's sad when a band starts to sound like a rip-off band of what they used to be.

But it's still not a bad album. about a 6.5/10
          Last edited by tpryce93; 09-17-2008, 06:00 PM.
          the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93 View Post
            Exactly. It's sad when a band starts to sound like a rip-off band of what they used to be.
            I see your point...... Everyone's :2cents: is their own opinion. :thumb:

Comment

Kinda like Aerosmith the are shadows of their former selves.

Comment

And if I wanted to hear a metallica rip-off band i would just listen to trivium's "The Crusade"
                the space that is mine

Comment

IMO...this is some of the best material they have put out since Justice...There is NOT a bad song on this album. I think they've done a pretty good job of creating some new non-recycled riffs and they prove that they are still relevant. This is the album many people have been waiting for since the Black album.

DEATH MAGNETIC

Comment

Its not bad...I saw them at ozzfest on aug 9....I will see them again when they come to albuquerque...But I am mainly going for DOWN...

sigpic

Comment

Okay, my new favorite song is:

"Broken, Beat & Scarred"

Comment

Okay, my new favorite song is:

"Broken, Beat & Scarred"
                        Yea...that song gets me pretty pumped! When I first heard the entire album, I didn't care much for the two opening tracks...but now I can't stop listening to them. All Nightmare Long and U3 are still my favorites though...at least this week!!!

Comment

Some pretty good songs on there. My personal favorite is All Nightmare Long. I really like The Unforgiven III too.

All the songs are pretty thrashy, but it seems like they forced it a little. Some of the solos need structure, and some of the songs should have been cut down.

Overall not bad though.
                          Last edited by Broncosfreak_56; 10-04-2008, 01:23 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Anybody hear the news last week? A lot of fans are complaining that the album was recorded TOO LOUD? How is this possible? This is
                            Metallica we are talking about here! If it's too loud, you're too old!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Axe View Post
                              Anybody hear the news last week? A lot of fans are complaining that the album was recorded TOO LOUD? How is this possible? This is
                              Metallica we are talking about here! If it's too loud, you're too old!
                              The problem is that the CD sounds too distorted. The quality of the actual songs, because it was recorded so loud, is way below what it should be. You can always turn your speakers really loud, but you can't increase the sound quality of the CD itself.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X