Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you get sad and cry watching TV characters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you get sad and cry watching TV characters?

I actually started thinking about this question a week ago today...

I went home home to pick up some school materials to bring back to me and my roomies apartment, and I left around the time that ER show was over.

I come out into our living room, and here sits my mother and sister crying their eyes out!! .

My dad had no idea what in the world was going on.....I didn't know if something bad happened or what, but I guess they were crying because they killed off Dr. Pratt (I think that's his name) from the show. (I used to watch ER, but lost major interest when it should have stopped 3 seasons ago).

Anyways, I honestly could not believe that my sister and mother were crying... like the way you cry when you go to a funeral or something.

I just watched that episode tonight on NBC website, and I guess it was pretty sad.... but I didn't ball over it like they did.

Maybe it was because they were so tied into that show and the characters? I don't know....

I don't know if I remember ever crying watching a TV show character... maybe a movie character, but c'mon

It was weird...

And then tonight my sister was talking to me online, and she said how she wept when they killed some CSI guy off...

Um. Yes.

I cried when Denny died on Grey's Anatomy.I don't usually cry, but that was one time that I BAWLED. It is still the saddest thing I have ever seen on a TV show

I also cried tears of joy when Jim asked Pam to marry him.
    ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
      Um. Yes.

I cried when Denny died on Grey's Anatomy.I don't usually cry, but that was one time that I BAWLED. It is still the saddest thing I have ever seen on a TV show

I also cried tears of joy when Jim asked Pam to marry him.
      THERE was ANOTHER one that my sister cried too..

I couldn't believe it....

I do HAVE emotions.... but the way they were crying for that Denny, Pratt... it was like I lost my dog or something.

Comment

Nope. Im not much of a cryer.

Except occasionally there's a movie death that gets to me.
        sigpic

Comment

Nope. Never. I have cried watching a movie, and I've cried watching some inspirational olympics stuff and whatnot, but never over a show.

I dunno, I just don't connect with them on any level. Maybe it is because of the choppy 30 min intervals, or the large amounts of cheery Applebees commercials every 10 min., or something.

Comment

this's gonna sound lame but i think Smallville has some of the best "sad" episodes out there.

B4 I think it does have a lot to do with whether or not you've tuned in and you've "gotten to know" the characters.

for me, I don't cry or anything, but I can appreciate the mood they set if they do it right and I think Smallville does it wonderfully.

I think it was the season finale of season 7 where Clark was just sitting there with Lana in his arms and she was basically a vegitable because Brainiac messed with her mind and she couldn't speak or move much or anything but still feel stuff.

The way they did it with the song playing and the photography is what I look for. I mean, if the Man of Steel is crying because he couldn't save his girl... then there's no hope man!!!

But yeah, it depends on the show and characters. I don't watch enough t.v. anymore to get into too many people.

The last time I came close to crying was during Fireproof because it hit so close to home for me... it was just a very different feeling.

*shrugs* i dunno.
            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I rarely watch TV shows, but movies are more intense IMO.

Every time I watch 8 Seconds, I get tears in my eyes and chills at the end went Tuff rides the bull for 16 seconds.

A TV show that gets me EVERY time is when Henry Blake dies in M*A*S*H
              Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 10-10-2008, 07:21 AM.
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                I rarely watch TV shows, but movies are more intense IMO.

Every time I watch 8 Seconds, I get tears in my eyes and chills at the end went Tuff rides the bull for 16 seconds.

A TV show that gets me EVERY time is when Henry Blake dies in M*A*S*H
                OH yes, that episode gets me every time, and the last one.

Somedays there are soo many commercials I could cry.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                  Nope. Never. I have cried watching a movie, and I've cried watching some inspirational olympics stuff and whatnot, but never over a show.

I dunno, I just don't connect with them on any level. Maybe it is because of the choppy 30 min intervals, or the large amounts of cheery Applebees commercials every 10 min., or something.
                  Do you cry when you see that 21 Days movie about the Rockies on FSN? I do. I cry about the Rockies like...every day. Happy tears...and sad tears sometimes too, like when Taylor balked in that run. Sad, sad tears.

I also cry during the History of the Denver Broncos. USUALLY sports related movies make me at least tear up.
                  ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

No, but was very very very sad during the last episode of that 70s show.
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay I guess that episode of ER was pretty damn sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
                        Do you cry when you see that 21 Days movie about the Rockies on FSN? I do. I cry about the Rockies like...every day. Happy tears...and sad tears sometimes too, like when Taylor balked in that run. Sad, sad tears.

I also cry during the History of the Denver Broncos. USUALLY sports related movies make me at least tear up.
                        Almost for the Rockies win, not so much for anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                          And then tonight my sister was talking to me online, and she said how she wept when they killed some CSI guy off...
                          I love CSI, but I didn't cry when they killed the guy off. Maybe because I knew it was coming.

The ones that get me are the ones based on true stories. The tribute to the guy who did 'The Last Lecture' really got me. Cancer has really hit my family hard and, at the time, I was waiting for test results to see if I had cancer. I was concerned that I wouldn't be as brave as he was.

But, most shows don't bother me.
                          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I've never cried watching anything, expect maybe All Dogs Go To Heaven when I was a toddler. However, I'm willing to admit a couple tears rolled down my face when I was watching the HBO documentary Hear and Now. It follows a couple in there 60's who have been deaf there entire lives, and have decided to undergo surgery that can repair there hearing. It follows them before surgery, and some time afterwards, and what they went through. What a great documentary. It's On Demand if you'd like to check it out.

Comment

One movie made me cry, and I swore I would never tell.......Armagedon....when Bruce tricked Ben, and he had to say by to his daughter... that killed me....lol.....I know...cheeeeezzzzzzyyy..
                              Since 1974!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X