Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cred killing movies...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cred killing movies...

    Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
    Please Be Advised

    If any of you have seen or plan on seeing that effing gang-rape Chihuahua movie....

    It is in your best interest not to post that you have done so. And if you have not. Stay away from that. This is by far the lowest Hollywood could have sunken to. Who the hell cares about a bunch of Taco Bell mascots?

    No Hollywood, it's not a good idea, it's not funny, it's not cute.... you are a-holes.

    I hope you fired whoever pitched the idea, and then burned down the house of whoever green-lit this pile of dog crap.


    UGH.. Please, for the love of film.... AVOID this movie....

    Or I will cut off your fingers.. *russian accent* "Have nice day"

    at the very least, i will never again listen to your film recommendations if you even go see this movie...and i'll convince keith to do the same.

    go see Apaloosa instead. or even Kirsten and Megan's new one. At least that has something to offer the fella's. and probably the ladies as well. And there's another movie worth seeing too... i forget. but it by god isn't that damn taco bell commercial...
    RealBronco's rant in the movie thread made me think of this. I'm absolutely astonded that Beverly Hills Chihuahua was #1 for two weeks in a row. Only Max Payne was able to end this reign of terror as it knocked BHC down to #2.

    If anyone saw that abomination and actually liked it, I couldn't take anything he or she said seriously concerning movies again. In other words, his or her cred would be dead in my eyes.

    So my question is have there been any movies that have been so bad that if someone said they liked them that you would forever question their taste in future movies?

    So far, only two pop in my head only because I had the misfortune of watching both.

    Ultraviolet

    That new Indiana Jones abomination.

    What say the rest of you?
    Last edited by Ohio Broncos; 10-22-2008, 01:03 PM.
    sigpic

    "Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

  • #2
    The Ring or The grudge.
    the space that is mine



    We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

    Comment


    • #3
      Mad City.

      UltraViolet (i agree Ohio).

      High Tension.

      88 Minutes (eh keith?).

      man... there are way too many of these.

      Saw II-However Many They're Going to Make.

      Anything ending in "Movie" i.e. Disaster Movie, Epic Movie, Date Movie, etc.

      War of the Worlds (f*** you Spielberg!).

      I Am Legend (okay maybe not horrible but... well horrible).

      Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and the Contest Winner for Longest Name in a Feature Film Based on Ridiculousness and Lack of Creativity (f*** you again Spielberg AND Lucas!).

      uh.... hmmm.

      *rubs chin*

      what's playing right now? probably most of those too.

      that's a good start.
      sigpic

      DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

      Comment


      • #4
        The Happening

        Comment


        • #5
          You gotta throw Meet the Spartans in there too, Real (since it's in the same vein as all of those "Movie" movies). That piece of garbage also opened at #1 when it came out.

          Here are some others:

          Queen of the Damned

          The Scorpion King

          White Chicks

          str8, enough people have told me that The Happening sucked that I would never want to watch that piece of crap. I'm sorry if you actually did. Please accept my condolences.
          sigpic

          "Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
            Mad City.

            UltraViolet (i agree Ohio).

            High Tension.

            88 Minutes (eh keith?).

            man... there are way too many of these.

            Saw II-However Many They're Going to Make.

            Anything ending in "Movie" i.e. Disaster Movie, Epic Movie, Date Movie, etc.

            War of the Worlds (f*** you Spielberg!).

            I Am Legend (okay maybe not horrible but... well horrible).

            Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and the Contest Winner for Longest Name in a Feature Film Based on Ridiculousness and Lack of Creativity (f*** you again Spielberg AND Lucas!).

            uh.... hmmm.

            *rubs chin*

            what's playing right now? probably most of those too.

            that's a good start.

            Hmmmmmmmmmmm..................

            Yeah, definitely I am Legend... both the "crappy ending" version and the "controversial, even crappier ending" version not shown in theaters.

            Death Wish (remake)

            The Mechanic (remake)

            The Omen (remake)

            OK, there are probably a lot more remakes I could list, but those 3 make me want to choke the producers/directors/stars until their eyes pop out.

            I've reached the point in which I am so infuriated at Stallone that I'm not sure I can bear watching any of his movies. Thinks he can fill Bronson's shoes? Seriously? Mildly retarded steroid freak can replace a real life WWII tail gunner? When hell freezes over. Has he no respect for the dead? People are actually going to pay to watch them. I'd rather watch, uninterrupted, a mini series on Vanilla Ice's rise to fame followed by 5 or 6 direct to video "cop buddy" movies starring Treat Williams and Brian Bosworth..... with the director's commentary on.

            Certain icons need left alone... Bronson, Wayne, McQueen, Newman, Stewart. Don't remake their movies. Don't even dream of remaking their movies. Don't you dare try to sell me on the merits of such a remake when someone is foolish enough to release them.

            It's going to happen, folks:

            Coming soon to theaters......... featuring acclaimed actors Ben Affleck, Keanu Reeves, Sylvester Stallone, Seann William Scott, Pauly Shore, Michael Cera, and David Hasselhoff in.........

            The Magnificent Seven












            And.......... anyone over the age of 30 recommending Superbad should never recommend another movie.

            High Tension and Queen of the Damned make the cut, too.
            Last edited by keithbishop; 10-23-2008, 06:31 PM.
            My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




            R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't see way everyone hate the new Indiana Jones Movie, I think it is as good as the orignial three. At least this one did not open with a musical number, or have have a Chinese kid in it the was not mentioned in the first movie dispite the fact the Temple of Doom was a prequel, and took place before the events in Radiers of the Lost Ark.



              Oh and KB I hope to all that is Holy that no one in Hollywood sees your remake Idea for the Mag 7.



              Here is an Idea for a remake how about "It's a Wonderful Life" Using Midgets.
              Last edited by Southstander; 10-23-2008, 07:25 PM.
              Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

              Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                I don't see way everyone hate the new Indiana Jones Movie, I think it is as good as the orignial three. At least this one did not open with a musical number, or have have a Chinese kid in it the was not mentioned in the first movie dispite the fact the Temple of Doom was a prequel, and took place before the events in Radiers of the Lost Ark.
                It was about ALIENS and people actually swung on vines with monkeys. I think that explains it enough.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
                  It was about ALIENS and people actually swung on vines with monkeys. I think that explains it enough.
                  No it does not. Temple of Doom shows someone reaching into a persons chest and ripping out a still beating heart and the person does not die. and there is no entry wound in the person's chest, and you have a problem with aleins?


                  Also your name here is "Skywalker", so I would think you are into sci-fi movies with aliens.
                  Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                  Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hey. You guys should all check out the animated film: Romeo and Juliet Sealed With A Kiss.


                    Its a total winner. Seals, re-enact Titanic. I'm serious.
                    ...capture it...remember it...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                      No it does not. Temple of Doom shows someone reaching into a persons chest and ripping out a still beating heart and the person does not die. and there is no entry wound in the person's chest, and you have a problem with aleins?


                      Also your name here is "Skywalker", so I would think you are into sci-fi movies with aliens.
                      I just have a problem with aliens in an Indiana Jones movie because it makes no sense. It just doesn't seem like it would be part of the Indiana Jones world. *shrugs*


                      And the only aliens I like are the ones in Star Wars.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
                        I just have a problem with aliens in an Indiana Jones movie because it makes no sense. It just doesn't seem like it would be part of the Indiana Jones world. *shrugs*


                        And the only aliens I like are the ones in Star Wars.
                        As much as I hate to say it is no more unbelievable then the other extra mythous add to the Ark or the Cup of Christ. Even Harrison Ford has said the normally he is not into little green men, but the way this was done make sense in Indy's world.
                        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                        Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
                          The Happening
                          ah hell i forgot that one. i was almost enraged after leaving the theatre on that one...

                          Originally posted by Ohio Broncos View Post
                          You gotta throw Meet the Spartans in there too, Real (since it's in the same vein as all of those "Movie" movies). That piece of garbage also opened at #1 when it came out.

                          Here are some others:

                          Queen of the Damned

                          The Scorpion King

                          White Chicks

                          str8, enough people have told me that The Happening sucked that I would never want to watch that piece of crap. I'm sorry if you actually did. Please accept my condolences.
                          ah right... that one. i knew i forgot one. but they're all the same. "hey we're not talented enough to come up with our own plot, so lets make fun of everyone that actually can make movies. and people who smoke a ton of pot and are below the age of 17 will think we're awesome!"

                          Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
                          Hmmmmmmmmmmm..................

                          Yeah, definitely I am Legend... both the "crappy ending" version and the "controversial, even crappier ending" version not shown in theaters.

                          Death Wish (remake)

                          The Mechanic (remake)

                          The Omen (remake)

                          OK, there are probably a lot more remakes I could list, but those 3 make me want to choke the producers/directors/stars until their eyes pop out.

                          I've reached the point in which I am so infuriated at Stallone that I'm not sure I can bear watching any of his movies. Thinks he can fill Bronson's shoes? Seriously? Mildly retarded steroid freak can replace a real life WWII tail gunner? When hell freezes over. Has he no respect for the dead? People are actually going to pay to watch them. I'd rather watch, uninterrupted, a mini series on Vanilla Ice's rise to fame followed by 5 or 6 direct to video "cop buddy" movies starring Treat Williams and Brian Bosworth..... with the director's commentary on.

                          Certain icons need left alone... Bronson, Wayne, McQueen, Newman, Stewart. Don't remake their movies. Don't even dream of remaking their movies. Don't you dare try to sell me on the merits of such a remake when someone is foolish enough to release them.

                          It's going to happen, folks:

                          Coming soon to theaters......... featuring acclaimed actors Ben Affleck, Keanu Reeves, Sylvester Stallone, Seann William Scott, Pauly Shore, Michael Cera, and David Hasselhoff in.........

                          The Magnificent Seven












                          And.......... anyone over the age of 30 recommending Superbad should never recommend another movie.

                          High Tension and Queen of the Damned make the cut, too.
                          Well, I'm glad I'm 4 years shy of 30. hahaha. I mean I'm not saying Superbad was an awesome movie. I'm just saying my maturity level allowed me to laugh my ass off at it...

                          Also, I'm not a fan of remakes either. Although I believe I'm a little more lenient than you are keith. For me it depends on who directs, writes, and stars, etc.

                          But for the most part remakes suck hard. Like, I can see a cool version of Magnificent 7 if you cast the right people. Like, you know maybe Norton, Bale, Pheonix and some others could make it work... heck i think those three can make anything work... lol...except for 3:10 to Yuma. the f*** Bale?

                          but yeah, I Am Legend sucked...
                          sigpic

                          DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                            I don't see way everyone hate the new Indiana Jones Movie, I think it is as good as the orignial three. At least this one did not open with a musical number, or have have a Chinese kid in it the was not mentioned in the first movie dispite the fact the Temple of Doom was a prequel, and took place before the events in Radiers of the Lost Ark.
                            People (like me) hate it because it was a lazy, obvious cash grab that sucked horribly. This movie was similar to the previous three Indy movies in name only. And Indy's name was used to draw in millions of people who happily remember the first three Indy films. We were suckered. I can't speak for everyone, but I felt like a chump when I was walking out of the theatre.

                            Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
                            It was about ALIENS and people actually swung on vines with monkeys. I think that explains it enough.
                            That's only the beginning. The main crux of my beef is that the three previous movies centered around religion. What was the focus of this most recent piece of crap? Aliens? Really? Is that the best they could do?

                            How many different religions are (or were) in the world? How many different civilizations are (or were) there in the world? Indy's a freaking archeologist! The possibilities are endless!

                            But besides what Skywalker said, there's also the refrigerator, a painfully long and boring chase scene in the jungle, a character who changes allegences more often than a girl changes her mind on what to wear before a date, and a bunch of other stuff that I've forgotten (thank God).

                            The acting was putrid, the writing was ridiculous, and CGI looked pathetic. Harrison Ford looked like he had lost waaaaaaaaaay too much off his fastball to do even an aging Indy.

                            This latest Indy edition insulted me, plain and simple. Lucas and Speilberg might as well have broken into my home and taken a dump in my living room. I would've been less offended.
                            Last edited by Ohio Broncos; 10-23-2008, 11:37 PM.
                            sigpic

                            "Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                              As much as I hate to say it is no more unbelievable then the other extra mythous add to the Ark or the Cup of Christ. Even Harrison Ford has said the normally he is not into little green men, but the way this was done make sense in Indy's world.
                              The aliens made no sense to me. But if it did to you and you enjoyed it, then fine.

                              Originally posted by Ohio Broncos
                              But besides what Skywalker said, there's also the refrigerator, a painfully long and boring chase scene in the jungle, a character who changes allegences more often than a girl changes her mind on what to wear before a date, and a bunch of other stuff that I've forgotten (thank God).
                              Oh man, I totally forgot about the refrigerator.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X