American Idols family killed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Idols family killed...

Jennifer Hudson's mother and brother where killed, and an Amber Alert has been issiued for another famuily memeber. May the Lord be with her and her family.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

I dont know who she is, but that is tragic. Best wishes to her and the rest of her family.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

wow, i don't even know what to say...
      sigpic

Comment

OMG

That is really awful news

Jennifer Hudson

MSNBC link

I hope her nephew is found soon.

Access Hollywood
        updated 7:52 p.m. ET Oct. 24, 2008
        CHICAGO - Two people found murdered in a home owned by Jennifer Hudson’s mother, Darnell Donnerson, are believed to be the Oscar-winning actress’ mother and brother, according to WMAQ in Chicago.

Two adults were found reportedly shot to death inside the home on the south side of Chicago on Friday afternoon.

When contacted by Access Hollywood, a spokesperson for the Chicago Police Department confirmed “two people were found unresponsive in the home.”

Although police would not confirm the identities of the victims, police said the shooting involved one male and one female victim “believed to be related to Hudson.”

In addition, as first reported by The Chicago Tribune, police confirmed to Access they have also issued an Amber Alert for a 7-year-old boy, named Julian King, who is believed to be Hudson’s nephew.

Police also confirmed to Access they have declared a man named William Balfour as “a suspect in the double homicide,” which The Chicago Tribune also first reported. Balfour is considered to be “armed and dangerous,” police told Access.

Police are looking for a 1994 white Suburban, which they believe may contain Balfour and the boy. According to the Chicago Tribune, the vehicle is registered to Jason Hudson, Jennifer’s brother.
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

We live in a sad, sick world. I wish Jesus would return soon.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
            No kidding! My lawn looks like shi...... urr..... ummm...... *remove foot from mouth*...... Sorry, but I'm not a hugely religious person. If that is your belief, then so be it. Rock on!

Comment

Was that suppoesed to be funny. This is a thread about a tragedy and you use it like open night at the improv. So very uncool.

sigpic

Comment

amen brother. i agree...

*looks up*
                sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

msnbc.com news services
                  updated 4:21 a.m. ET Oct. 25, 2008

CHICAGO - The mother and brother of Jennifer Hudson were found shot dead Friday, and police were looking for a missing child who is the nephew of the singer and Oscar-winning actress.

A man suspected in the deaths was in custody Friday night, but the 7-year-old boy had not been located, according to published reports.

William Balfour was being questioned, but Julian King's whereabouts were not known, law enforcement sources told the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun-Times. Balfour has not been charged.

Police spokeswoman Monique Bond said investigators were talking to "a number of people in custody" but she declined to elaborate.

An Amber Alert issued Friday said Balfour was a suspect in the double homicide of Darnell Donerson, 57, and Jason Hudson, 29, whose bodies were found Friday afternoon in a South Side home.

Jennifer Hudson's personal publicist, Lisa Kasteler, confirmed the deaths.

Domestic abuse?
                  "We can confirm that there is an ongoing investigation concerning the deaths of Jennifer Hudson's mother, Darnell Donerson, and her brother, Jason Hudson," Kasteler said in a statement. "No further comment will be made and the family has asked that their privacy be respected at this difficult time."

The deaths appeared to be the result of domestic abuse, Bond said. The Cook County medical examiner's office said autopsies for Donerson and Jason Hudson were pending.

Deputy Chief Joseph Patterson said a family member entered the home around 3 p.m. Friday, found a woman shot on the living room floor and left to notify authorities. Responding officers found a man shot in the bedroom, Patterson said. There was no sign of forced entry.

Police tape blocked access to the large, white house, where a crowd gathered outside. Investigators with dogs and flashlights searched foliage surrounding a church that faces the home.

Authorities issued the Amber Alert for King and sought a 1994 white Chevrolet Suburban. The child was the grandson of the female victim, officials said.

The alert said the child was possibly abducted and could be accompanied by Balfour, who was considered armed and dangerous and called a suspect in the double homicide investigation.

Records from the Illinois Department of Corrections show Balfour, 27, is on parole and spent nearly seven years in prison for attempted murder, vehicular hijacking and possessing a stolen vehicle. Public records show one of Balfour's addresses as the home where Donerson and Jason Hudson were shot.

The alert said the boy could also be in a teal or green Chrysler Concorde with a temporary license plate, a left front headlight hanging out and scratches on the left side of the vehicle.

The tragedy comes as Hudson, who grew up in Chicago, continues to reach new heights in her career. Her song "Spotlight" is No. 1 on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop charts and her recently released, self-tiled debut album has been a top seller. She was featured in this year's blockbuster "Sex and the City" movie and is also starring in the hit film "The Secret Life of Bees."

Encouragement
                  She won an Academy Award for best supporting actress in 2007 for her role in "Dreamgirls." In an interview last year with Vogue, Hudson credited her mother with encouraging her to audition for "American Idol," which launched her career.

The singer, whose father died when she was a teenager, described herself as very close to her family. In a recent AP interview she said her family, which includes older siblings Julia and Jason, helped keep her grounded.

"My faith in God and my family, they're very realistic and very normal, they're not into the whole limelight kind of thing, so when I go home to Chicago that's just another place that's home," she said. "I stand in line with everybody else, or, when I go home to my mom I'm just Jennifer, (so she says), 'You get up and you take care of your own stuff.' And I love that; I don't like when people tell you everything you want to hear, I want to hear the truth, you know what I mean."

Hudson recently announced her engagement to David Otunga, best known for his stint on VH1's reality show "I Love New York."

Hudson's representatives would not disclose her whereabouts Friday but WABC-TV in New York reported she was in Florida at the time of the incident.

She had been scheduled to appear Monday in Los Angeles to collect an ensemble cast honor at the Hollywood Awards for "The Secret Life of Bees" with co-stars including Alicia Keys, Queen Latifah and Dakota Fanning.

Loving words
                  In her self-titled debut album, released in September, Jennifer included a message of love to her family, including her mother.

“Next, of course, is u my mommy DARNELL AKA DOLL…,” Hudson wrote in the liner note of the album after thanking God. “Thank u for instilling in me that I could do anything I put my mind to and teaching me to always put God first. Thank you for loving me no matter what.”

After sending the message of thanks to her mother, Jennifer also including loving words for her siblings and her nephew.

“To the original JHUD’s, my big bro and sis JASON and JULIA, I love you so much. Thank you both for rooting me on and supporting me like nobody else. Also for believing in me and never letting me settle for just ok but the best. Because of u, I don’t believe in limits. LIL’ JULIAN KING my lil’ nephew, I love u, baby.”
                  Here's an update from msnbc
                  President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                  I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Was that suppoesed to be funny. This is a thread about a tragedy and you use it like open night at the improv. So very uncool.
                    No, it's simply my frustration in the double standards afforded to religion. Rock on in your beliefs, they are that, your's, and as such I can't disresepct you for it. Nor was that intended at you or anyone else's beliefs..... oye... this already is starting to go where the mods won't like.. so good day to you.

Comment

They found her nephew, he is dead as well. He was shot in the back of the head.

As I said it ealier, what a sad sick worl we live in.

sigpic

Comment

They found her nephew, he is dead as well. He was shot in the back of the head.

As I said it ealier, what a sad sick worl we live in.
                        This is gonna sound way worse then I mean.... I am not for violence of this nature. It is sick and in-humane. Regardless of the resoning behind it no man deserves to be killed the way this little boy was killed. Now... go back on that last part there... LITTLE BOY. That truely is beyond words that are strong enough to convey my personal feelings for the animal that executed that little boy that way. That is beyond sick.

Comment

That's sickening.... I can't even imagine how she feels. I remember watching her on American Idol and she was a great girl so I honestly hope she finds a way to be at rest with this.

I also hope the person who did this rots in prison forever.

Comment

I feel the person responsable for this should be punished in the harshist way possable.

sigpic

Comment

My wife and I are HUGE Idol fans. When she told me about this incident this evening, I was completely shocked. This is such a tragic event.

I can't help but wonder if this domestic angle of things stemmed from her recent stardom.

This is so sad.

I know we all deal and hear about crap like this almost daily anymore, but this young lady had such a promising future that now this disregard of human life and complete slaughter of innocent human beings will affect this poor girl the rest of her life. God be with her family.

And the 7 year old little boy? OMG I hope this bastard rots in hell.

RIP to the deceased and God Be With the family. I am down right speechless.

Truly unbelievable.
                              Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 10-27-2008, 08:21 PM.
                              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X