X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Crichton is Dead

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...8162&GT1=28101

I .... am... devastated...

Crichton is my all-time favorite author.

He brought us Jurassic Park, Sphere, Congo, Rising Sun, The Andromeda Strain, E.R., and co-wrote the screenplay for Twister.

His novel State of Fear is a monumental work of fiction with more facts regarding global warming than Al Gore supporters would want you to know.

This single-handedly just ruined my entire day.

He was apparently battling cancer... I had no idea.

Requiscat in pace Dr. Crichton
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

He was amazing, very talented. R.I.P.

Comment

RIP. He'll be missed

Comment

[QUOTE=RealBronco;2404521]http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...8162&GT1=28101

I .... am... devastated...

Crichton is my all-time favorite author.

He brought us Jurassic Park, Sphere, Congo, Rising Sun, The Andromeda Strain, E.R., and co-wrote the screenplay for Twister.

His novel State of Fear is a monumental work of fiction with more facts regarding global warming than Al Gore supporters would want you to know.

I am with you. The Great Train Robbery is a great read too and I just ripped through most of them again recently-Congo and Sphere were great too. He was 6'9" and wrote Andromeda in med school I think.

Comment

I made a thread about this last week in ABF. He is my favorite author as well.

I plan to re-read Prey... then maybe State of Fear (I've read that one 5 times already). Then I plan on picking up Timeline and then perhaps the Great Train Robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by cloud of dust View Post
            I am with you. The Great Train Robbery is a great read too and I just ripped through most of them again recently-Congo and Sphere were great too. He was 6'9" and wrote Andromeda in med school I think.
            yeah. he wrote The Andromeda Strain, A Case of Need and another one I believe, in Med School. Maybe it was Electronic Life... hmmm...

LT: heh... i didn't see the other thread, oops.

I need to re-read his stuff. I think I've read JP 3 or 4... and I think you'd agree with me about State of Fear :salute!:

I can't wait to read his final novel. I guess it's supposed to be out in May.

JP, SoF, Sphere, and Prey I think are my all-time favorites. Next was so weird... but freaky at the same time. I found Airframe very intriguing as well. I read that in a day (huge feat for me) on the way home from vacation one time. Timeline was great once it picked up.

The only thing I haven't read of his is Jasper Johns. Only because I can't find it anywhere, save online. And admittedly, I still need to finish The Great Train Robbery and Travels.

What did you think of Five Patients, or Eaters of the Dead? I think that Five Patients and A Case of Need were great precursers to E.R.

There truly was no topic he could not tackle. And make plausible in some weird way. His bibliographies at the end of each book (especially SoF) make it seem like we're 30 or 40 years behind HIM and he's already got it all figured out.

I joked with my buddy that the government, or NASA or both probably sit around and read his novels and go: "Ugh!!! Now why didn't we think of that!!!??? Someone tell me why we aren't doing this? Who's on this project?! Let's get on it people!!! Crichton says it can be done!"

:salute!:
            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
            X