The Music Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    Yeah, why do you think he is playing in LARAMIE, WYOMING during the Shepherd Symposium for Social Justice? lol
    Have fun Turtle. I actually like quite a few of his songs. Don't tell anyone though or I'll kick your butt.

BTW I love your blog and the name is awesome. Tight Ends and Hot Rox classic

Comment

• Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
      Have fun Turtle. I actually like quite a few of his songs. Don't tell anyone though or I'll kick your butt.

BTW I love your blog and the name is awesome. Tight Ends and Hot Rox classic
      I promise not to tell.

And thanks, actually Kapaibro, I_Only_Like_Jay and Rockiesnurse post on there too so its pretty fun. haha.
      ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
        Great playlist .... Big fan of Slayer,Rage everyone should like Metallica...

I swear I have seen Slayer a bunch meaning a bunch

One of my favorite Metal Albums never got any hype and not many record sells ..Anthrax Stomp 442

Here is a few songs from it tell me what you guys think of it ....

Random acts of senseless violence

Fueled

Nothing

This is from the last album Vol .8

Inside Out

Crush

I try to post music that is new to me but bands like Anthrax,Clutch,Pantera,Biohazard,Sepultura is my roots ...
        I'm really hoping to go to the mayhem festival in denver this summer.

Main stage:

SLAYER
        MARILYN MANSON
        BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
        Killswitch Engage

Hot Topic Stage:

CANNIBAL CORPSE
        THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
        JOB FOR A COWBOY
        BEHEMOTH
        WHITECHAPEL

Jägermeister Stage:

TRIVIUM
        ALL THAT REMAINS
        GOD FORBID

Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, and Behemoth in the same show!
        the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

• Originally posted by tpryce93 View Post
          I'm really hoping to go to the mayhem festival in denver this summer.

Main stage:
          SLAYER
          Killswitch Engage
          CANNIBAL CORPSE
          THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
          ALL THAT REMAINS!
          I would love to see these bands the rest not sure of ......

You need to post some Behemoth Pyrce....Cant say I have ever heard them bro....
          :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

I'm going to Elton John tonight!!!!
            :dance:

That out pimps my plans for the night ..... Should be a really good time for ya ST !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
              :dance:

That out pimps my plans for the night ..... Should be a really good time for ya ST !!!
              I'm leaving in about an hour! I can't wait!!

Expect a full report!

Comment

• So I got home about 20 minutes ago from the Elton John concert and it was awesome!

Really, you can't fully appreciate Elton John until you've seen him live, the talent he has for entertaining and piano playing is just incredible. He honestly just sits at the piano the entire time, and yet he completely commands the stage. Then he would get up every couple of songs do this geeky pose, drink water point at the crowd and sit back down.

It just flat out rocked. And I think every song lasted at least 10 minutes because he added so much piano to them. It was really fun and I'm glad I got the opportunity to go. Something I find really interesting about Elton John is the fact he sounds like a completely different person than he used to. I know it is because he had surgery and everything, but you would think that would end an artists career. But he almost sounds BETTER now....of course I love the old high-pitched notes he used to hit, I especially loved the bit in Benny and the Jets where he go high at the end.

Anyway....best songs of the night:
                ****** Cat! His piano during that was just incredible. (hahahahah apparantly that word gets bleeped out hahaha)
                Rocket Man....of course this song is going to be great no matter what be he did some interesting things with it and it just rocked!!
                Crocodile Rock, so much cooler live.

I liked the entire show, he opened with Your Song and closed with Can You Feel the Love Tonight, the Lion King-loving child in me almost died from delight when I heard the opening notes.

Yea, it rocked...he played fora little bit more than three hours....and it only cost $35....of course all the proceeds went to the Matthew Shepherd Foundation and they earned $550,000 dollars tonight.
                Last edited by Snapping Turtle; 04-04-2009, 10:48 AM.

Comment

So I got home about 20 minutes ago from the Elton John concert and it was awesome!

Really, you can't fully appreciate Elton John until you've seen him live, the talent he has for entertaining and piano playing is just incredible. He honestly just sits at the piano the entire time, and yet he completely commands the stage. Then he would get up every couple of songs do this geeky pose, drink water point at the crowd and sit back down.

It just flat out rocked. And I think every song lasted at least 10 minutes because he added so much piano to them. It was really fun and I'm glad I got the opportunity to go. Something I find really interesting about Elton John is the fact he sounds like a completely different person than he used to. I know it is because he had surgery and everything, but you would think that would end an artists career. But he almost sounds BETTER now....of course I love the old high-pitched notes he used to hit, I especially loved the bit in Benny and the Jets where he go high at the end.

Anyway....best songs of the night:
                  ****** Cat! His piano during that was just incredible. (hahahahah apparantly that word gets bleeped out hahaha)
                  Rocket Man....of course this song is going to be great no matter what be he did some interesting things with it and it just rocked!!
                  Crocodile Rock, so much cooler live.

I liked the entire show, he opened with Your Song and closed with Can You Feel the Love Tonight, the Lion King-loving child in me almost died from delight when I heard the opening notes.

Yea, it rocked...he played fora little bit more than three hours....and it only cost $35....of course all the proceeds went to the Matthew Shepherd Foundation and they earned $550,000 dollars tonight.
                  Yay!

I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I got to see him a few years ago in Gibraltar (a couple of nights before he opened the NFL season in NE), and was stunned at how amazing he was.

Crocodile Rock is my fav song he does, and Benny and the Jets is awesome live!
                  President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                  I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

• Stay

when your pride is on the floor ....i'll make you beg for more

you'd better hope and pray...that you make it safe...back to your own world

Foolish Games ...

I love this song
                    Last edited by LarryDean; 04-04-2009, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• I'm currently listening to Twyncyn/Trembling Willows by Pure Reason Revolution which is probably one of my top 5 favourites of all time.

I also discovered the band Isis today who I love (apart from some of the metal screams, but the music more than makes up for it).
                      sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

• Originally posted by muse View Post
                        I'm currently listening to Twyncyn/Trembling Willows by Pure Reason Revolution which is probably one of my top 5 favourites of all time.

I also discovered the band Isis today who I love (apart from some of the metal screams, but the music more than makes up for it).
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRpMqUZihxQ

Hey this song takes a great turn at around the 3:17 mark I can dig that .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x7Ez7yCyA8

Jam Fest .... Good live video

Some new tunes ....
                        Last edited by LarryDean; 04-05-2009, 02:58 AM.

Comment

• Certainly not for everyone but I dig em. I met these psychos after a show very cool albeit odd dudes.
                          http://www.myspace.com/thegallowspdx
                          sigpic
                          photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by MightyHorse View Post
                            Certainly not for everyone but I dig em. I met these psychos after a show very cool albeit odd dudes.
                            http://www.myspace.com/thegallowspdx
                            You like Reverend Horton Heat ??? MH

Comment

• Yes i do brutha.
                              sigpic
                              photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by MightyHorse View Post
                                Yes i do brutha.
                                I really liked that song Pass me the Bottle ....from Godam Gallow...been jam N it ...

I like the reverend ... I was a sinner until I seen him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejfug...eature=related

Baddest of the Bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-xX6...eature=related
                                Last edited by LarryDean; 04-05-2009, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X