First Blu-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    sorry, i'm extremely biased against Blu-Ray, i just feel that it's another idea to get the corporation rich and steal the money from the people...because I am happy with regular DVD and the picture quality

Those damn Blu-Ray's are so damn expensive
    well bro, the good news is Blu Ray has many advantages over Standard DVD. The resolution is higher, the pictures are clearer, the special effects are more detailed, the audio clarity they get from these things is unbelievable.

but on the bright side, all the Blu Ray players can play standard DVD's, so it's not like the industry is saying "oh you bought all them regular dvd's, guess what? now they're obsolete and you have to go buy all those dvd's in bluray at $22.99 each. Instead they made it so you can play the old stuff, and they get upscaled to a higher resolution. I think that's more than fair.

Pretty soon, you won't even have discs for movies anymore. Everything will have harddrives, and you'll hook up your Digital Movie Player to the internet, and you'll download the movie to your hard drive, and you'll be able to transfer to devices like your laptop, ipod, portable dvd players, etc.

Everything is going digital.

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
    As some of you know, I've had a PS3 for some time now, but I've yet to try out movies on the Blu-Ray... mostly because I don't have an HDTV (YET)...

but...what better film to break into the scene than:

THE DARK KNIGHT!

effing...............STOKED!!!!
    OMFG Dude, I just got done watching The Dark Knight on my Sony 55" LCD Grand Wega HDTV and my PS3 Blu Ray Player, and the movie rocked. Had my Yahama 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound cranked up, and the whole movie was just badass.

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Yeah and beat out that hunk of **** Titanic(I think that is what holds the record now isn't it)
    Hey now, that movie actually was a pretty good movie. But it still has the Dark Knight beat at the Box Office...but not by much.

I heard a rumor that next year Superman and Batman are supposed to team up and do a movie. Nothing yet confirmed, but if it's true, it should be freakin' killer.

http://fifthamendmentking.blogspot.c...vie-rumor.html

Comment

Originally posted by 97svtinkc View Post
      well bro, the good news is Blu Ray has many advantages over Standard DVD. The resolution is higher, the pictures are clearer, the special effects are more detailed, the audio clarity they get from these things is unbelievable.

but on the bright side, all the Blu Ray players can play standard DVD's, so it's not like the industry is saying "oh you bought all them regular dvd's, guess what? now they're obsolete and you have to go buy all those dvd's in bluray at $22.99 each. Instead they made it so you can play the old stuff, and they get upscaled to a higher resolution. I think that's more than fair.

Pretty soon, you won't even have discs for movies anymore. Everything will have harddrives, and you'll hook up your Digital Movie Player to the internet, and you'll download the movie to your hard drive, and you'll be able to transfer to devices like your laptop, ipod, portable dvd players, etc.

OMFG Dude, I just got done watching The Dark Knight on my Sony 55" LCD Grand Wega HDTV and my PS3 Blu Ray Player, and the movie rocked. Had my Yahama 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound cranked up, and the whole movie was just badass.

Hey now, that movie actually was a pretty good movie. But it still has the Dark Knight beat at the Box Office...but not by much.

I heard a rumor that next year Superman and Batman are supposed to team up and do a movie. Nothing yet confirmed, but if it's true, it should be freakin' killer.

We're going to have to agree to disagree as far as Titanic goes. But if the Superman Batman thing is true, that would be awesome. I just hope Batman doesn't slip with the loss of Heath Ledger. Not that a movie is important where that topic is concerned, but he was by far the best part of that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
        We're going to have to agree to disagree as far as Titanic goes. But if the Superman Batman thing is true, that would be awesome. I just hope Batman doesn't slip with the loss of Heath Ledger. Not that a movie is important where that topic is concerned, but he was by far the best part of that movie.
        at first I thought a Superman + Batman movie would rock but after reading this article,

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/hero...opher-n-2.html

it absolutely does not fit.

also I know in the end of The Dark Knight, that the Jokers fate is left unknown, and Christopher Nolan has left the viewer to wonder if the Joker is dead, in prison, in a pysch ward....

but the thing I wonder is...if you bring back the Joker for the next movie, how in the hell can you follow up Heath Ledgers performance with anything better?

My only guess would be to have a guy who looks just like Ledger do that acting and get the makeup done identical, and then use computers with a computer generated voice duplication of Ledgers voice to fill in the audio...that's the only way in my opinion. otherwise you leave the Joker locked up and forgotten and you go with another villain (perhaps Harvey Dent didn't really die?) or maybe Catwoman or the Riddler.

Comment

That Batman/Superman movie poster is a photoshop from a fan not an actual poster.

There's a TON for Batman 3....
          sigpic
          Hate Brandon Marshall and his drops? READ THIS!
          Super Bowl XXXII Run Statistics
          My Divisional Breakdown Thread

Our Offensive Line = Mile Wide

Comment

Originally posted by slostenracing View Post
            That Batman/Superman movie poster is a photoshop from a fan not an actual poster.

you got a link to a story that supports that Movie Poster?

Comment

Not in the slightest, must have missed the text that went with that post. It's nothing more than fan photoshopped art just like the Superman/Batman movie. Nothing more than a weak rumor.
              sigpic

Comment

eh it's just a hoax. these were fan made. but they are pretty convincing.

http://jayfingers.wordpress.com/2008...movie-posters/

Last week, a couple of fan-made Batman posters made their way around the interweb, causing quite a stir because of their near-professional level design. The posters were very detailed, seemed to stay within the spirit of what Christopher Nolan has done in his interpretation of the Batman mythos, and they touted The Riddler as the main villain. Very cool, indeed.

But then my man Josh MC over at DeviantART said, “Meh. Whatevs, I can do better.” And in my opinion, he has.

Josh stayed with the concept of individual charater posters a la The Dark Knight, creating one not only for The Riddler, but for Catwoman and Harley Quinn as well. Furthermore, his inspiration includes some ingenious cast suggestions for these roles.

I’m in love with the Harley Quinn design, as you can tell. Click the image below to get a full view, then hit the jump to peep The Riddler and Catwoman.

Comment

the Dark Knight was an awesome movie, but it had 1 flaw.

Katie Holmes didn't return as Rachel.

I dont why in the f*** Nolan chose Maggie Gyllenhaal to play Rachel, but that broad is butt ugly, and that was the only aspect of the movie I was pissed about, and I was glad when she died in the blast. She was the black eye on the movie and if not for Heath Ledgers outstanding performance, I think she could have ruined this movie.

Secondly, if they make a 3rd movie...I'd like to see James Spader play one of the villains. I watched him in 2 Days in the Valley, and he was an absolutely stone cold killer. I think if Nolan worked with him a little bit, he could turn Spader into a psychopathic menacing maniac rival to Ledgers spot. Spader has a great ability to play just about any part.

I really think Leighton Meester could play a great female villain as well. I heard a rumor that Angelina Jolie could be Catwoman, but I honestly don't think Angelina Jolie would fit the part too well, she tends to overact in everything. In fact I don't want Angelia Jolie anywhere near Batman 3.

Leighton Meester could be a deranged Poison Ivy, or perhaps the Jokers sister? or Catwoman. she's not only hot, but she has the "I can turn pyscho ***** in about .3 seconds" look on her face

Leighton Meester

Comment

the Dark Knight was an awesome movie, but it had 1 flaw.

Katie Holmes didn't return as Rachel.

I dont why in the f*** Nolan chose Maggie Gyllenhaal to play Rachel, but that broad is butt ugly, and that was the only aspect of the movie I was pissed about, and I was glad when she died in the blast. She was the black eye on the movie and if not for Heath Ledgers outstanding performance, I think she could have ruined this movie.

Secondly, if they make a 3rd movie...I'd like to see James Spader play one of the villains. I watched him in 2 Days in the Valley, and he was an absolutely stone cold killer. I think if Nolan worked with him a little bit, he could turn Spader into a psychopathic menacing maniac rival to Ledgers spot. Spader has a great ability to play just about any part.

I really think Leighton Meester could play a great female villain as well. I heard a rumor that Angelina Jolie could be Catwoman, but I honestly don't think Angelina Jolie would fit the part too well, she tends to overact in everything. In fact I don't want Angelia Jolie anywhere near Batman 3.

Leighton Meester could be a deranged Poison Ivy, or perhaps the Jokers sister? or Catwoman. she's not only hot, but she has the "I can turn pyscho ***** in about .3 seconds" look on her face
                    I agree, I hated the fact she was Rachel and actually a majority of the theater cheered when she died (I went to the 12:01 showing here) She's just plain horrible at acting.

Javier Bardem would be another stone cold killer I wouldn't mind seeing in a villain role. Mr. Freeze would fit him PERFECTLY would it not? He just has the ice cold mentality to make it work like Ledger did the Joker.

As for rumors, I've heard Cher for Catwoman and Johnny Depp for the Riddler. I'm for the second, I thoroughly enjoy Johnny Depp and the amount of time he puts into getting into character. With PotC he proved he can crack jokes so it could be a good choice.

We'll just have to wait til Nolan signs up for it first before we find out who the villains will be and who will play them. Catwoman is a strong pick seeing as that one line about the cats with the new suit.
                    sigpic

Comment

I agree, I hated the fact she was Rachel and actually a majority of the theater cheered when she died (I went to the 12:01 showing here) She's just plain horrible at acting.

Javier Bardem would be another stone cold killer I wouldn't mind seeing in a villain role. Mr. Freeze would fit him PERFECTLY would it not? He just has the ice cold mentality to make it work like Ledger did the Joker.

As for rumors, I've heard Cher for Catwoman and Johnny Depp for the Riddler. I'm for the second, I thoroughly enjoy Johnny Depp and the amount of time he puts into getting into character. With PotC he proved he can crack jokes so it could be a good choice.

We'll just have to wait til Nolan signs up for it first before we find out who the villains will be and who will play them. Catwoman is a strong pick seeing as that one line about the cats with the new suit.
                      I swear to God I will track Nolan down myself and beat him senseless if he goes with Cher as Catwoman. Sorry but I'd rather not see a 60+ year old menopausal old hag as Catwoman, no matter how good looking she is.

Guy Pearce would be an awesome Riddler I think.

don't know anything about Javier Bardem....never heard of the guy in fact.

here's another well done up Fan Poster.

Comment

search long enough you can find anything.

Nolan is planning on doing a 3rd Batman, but currently he has nothing to go on. He's jotting down notes, and trying to develop the story line, but has nothing solid yet. He does want to shoot FULL IMAX. This is updated this past Sunday. I imagine it'll be 2011 before we do see anything in theatres.

Christopher Nolan Wants to Go Full-IMAX; Outlining Dark Knight Sequel

Posted on Sunday, December 7th, 2008 at 9:52 pm by: Peter Sciretta

Christopher Nolan has wanted to shoot a film with IMAX for quite some time. In 2006, he shot some of The Prestige using IMAX cameras in an attempt to better learn the technology (the footage was just test footage). And as we all know, he shot the action scenes in The Dark Knight using IMAX cameras. Iron Man director Jon Favreau called the result a “game changer”, and the sequences were praised by journalists and fans alike. But what many people don’t know is that Nolan would like to push it one step further and shoot an entire film for IMAX.

Nolan said so at a recent Dark Knight Blu-ray event (via AICN), before admitting that it might be difficult due to the noisiness of the camera. Apparently the IMAX camera is so noisy that any dialogue needs to be looped in post production, something younger actors aren’t well accustomed to. But Nolan has thought long and hard about a solution - he could shoot all the scenes/shots with little or no dialogue using the IMAX camera and shoot the dialogue driven scenes using a 65mm film camera. I’m actually surprised no one has thought about this before.

The question now is, what project will Nolan use as a testing bed for this? I’m not saying that he’s thinking about shooting the Dark Knight sequel completely for the huge screen, but it would have to be a big budget film as shooting IMAX is pretty expensive.

I should note that if Nolan ever gets to shoot an entire film suing the larger film formats, it will definitely be down-converted for 35mm and digital screens. And thats not a bad thing. For the Dark Knight, many people thought the down converted IMAX shot scenes were much sharper and more vivid than the 35mm shot scenes.

And speaking of the Dark Knight sequel, Nolan told USA Today that he has been “jotting notes and doing some rough outlines for a third story, but he hasn’t yet found anything he’s willing to commit to film, despite Warner Bros.’ eagerness to get a new film underway.

“It was obvious when the box office
                        was so big ($530 million domestically) that we had underestimated how ready fans were to reboot the franchise,” he says. “The worst thing you could do now that you’ve gotten the plane back in the air is mess up the landing."

Comment

don't know anything about Javier Bardem....never heard of the guy in fact.

here's another well done up Fan Poster.
                          Then you my friend need to catch up on your Oscar movies. He was in this little old movie that took four of them last year, No Country for Old Men. Oh and he won Best Supporting Actor for his part in said movie at like EVERY award show there was.

Are you sure that ones a fan poster? I almost want to say I saw that on one of WB's joker viral sites.
                          sigpic

Comment

search long enough you can find anything.

Nolan is planning on doing a 3rd Batman, but currently he has nothing to go on. He's jotting down notes, and trying to develop the story line, but has nothing solid yet. He does want to shoot FULL IMAX. This is updated this past Sunday. I imagine it'll be 2011 before we do see anything in theatres.
                            [email protected] you two n00bs...

let me say that i'm only poking fun in good taste. trust me, you have no idea how much crap i've had to put up with for the past 3 years. since Batman Begins opened, I've been on TDK's imdb boards and you wouldn't believe how many rumors and fan-made posters and trailers we had to sift through.

As of right now boys, everything you're hearing is merely rumor. ESPECIALLY the Jolie rumors and the Depp rumors. They popped up within a week of TDK's release.

I disagree about re-casting Rachel. I think Gyllenhaal was an upgrade. She's a much better actor (because we all know Holmes can't act. Period) and Holmes was the worst part of BB.

Anyway... I lied. The BIGGEST rumor you've got there 97 is the Batman/Superman flick. I think at this point it's still in talks...and only talks. I do know that Bale was originally signed for 3 Batman films...and a spin off. That is so far still believed to be the JLA film. But at this point... don't put ANY stock into these speculations.

Also, I'm stoked about this latest article you've provided 97, about Nolan talking about a 3rd. I told people this would happen. We all knew he would return.

Where's that broncx character now eh?

Anyway. Catwoman=horrible idea

Poison Ivy=horrible idea.

also Nolan has been quoted several times about not wanting Catwoman or even Penguin in his films. I disagree about Penguin, as there is a very easy way to "Nolanize" him... After all the original Penguin is only a short, fat crime boss.

I'm sold on the Riddler idea. I'd love to see Nolan's version of Riddler (think Se7en's villain). I'm not sure about Depp, but I wouldn't be upset if Depp were cast as Riddler.

Anyway.... be prepared to see a giant increase in these fan-made posters/trailers.

some are pretty good and entertaining, and others are crap.

OH: Joker doesn't have a sister His closest family would've been his wife and unborn child before he was changed into The Joker, back when he was The Red Hood.

:salute!:
                            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

and Harley Quinn is just The Joker's new right-hand.. girl and lover...not to be confused with his wife...(she may have just been his fiance... i can't remember)
                              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Hey RB, I know I am kind of new here so maybe you have covered this before, but are you in the business or trying to get into the business? I see that you are in Boise, do they have some kind of film school or something? You have wicked amounts of knowledge about movies and I watched that youtube video (Gunslinger) that you posted so I was just curious.

Comment

Working...
                                X