First Blu-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Hey RB, I know I am kind of new here so maybe you have covered this before, but are you in the business or trying to get into the business? I see that you are in Boise, do they have some kind of film school or something? You have wicked amounts of knowledge about movies and I watched that youtube video (Gunslinger) that you posted so I was just curious.
    haha. Well, I'd love to get into the biz. I took a lot of film stuff in college (what BSU offered anyway), like production, post-production, script-writing, acting (i was also in drama in high school), uh... bunch of classes having to do with like, media and culture, critiquing, etc. When you hear me talk about like, the Hero's Journey... and all that, that's why.

As far as Gunslinger goes..

Basically when i worked for Regal, I met some people that I clicked well with, one happened to be a guy that's a pretty good writer and had actually taken some of the same classes i'd taken (some with the same profs). Anyway, he pitched Gunslinger to me, and I told him about being typecast in high school as the villain/mysterious roles....

Fast forward three or so years and we completed Gunslinger, I ended up taking on a HUGE role(s) instead of just being an actor in it. I ended up co-producing, co-editing (he liked my school projects and thought i was great at editing), and then I created the majority of the score for the film.

We actually got to premiere it through Regal (due to our connections) and we were expecting about 30 people at max to show up... but we ended up filling a mid-sized auditorium to near-sell out capacity.

So that was a big boost in our ego. lol. We actually made a short film that we submitted to ChillerTV's Halloween contest. And he's actually in the process of submitting Gunslinger to several film festivals, including Portland's, one in Florida and a couple of others.

We worked on another fun short film that's still in post-production that he plans on entering into festivals as well.

Also one of our co-stars/buddies in Gunslinger (also worked with us at the theater) does a LOT of extra work in Cali. He's actually S.A.G. eligible and is currently saving up the money to get the membership. He's worked on stuff like How I Met Your Mother, Knight Rider, Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles, House, E.R., Transformers II, Step Brothers, and that new Adam Sandler movie.

Anyway... currently the director of Gunslinger (my buddy) is down in Texas where there's an actual Independent Film scene... and he's been workin' on stuff down there, including a YouTube webisode series.

So yeah, I guess we hope to actually get into the business. For me it's different. I've got my family to think about and take care of so I don't get to be involved in as much stuff now that he lives down there. But any time he gets new ideas or wants to film something he hits me up...

We're great collaborators together on film etc.

Yikes that was long, but it's a giant hobby at this point. Also I've just always been a fan of movies... and then when you add that to my tenure at Regal, with the courses I took in college....

I'd say I know my stuff! lol :salute!:
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I figured you had a little more insight than the average fan. That's cool that your friend is still shooting for the stars(horrible cliche I know), maybe through those film festivals something will happen.

I know what you're saying about having a family, when you have kids your dreams change. Some people say your dreams die or are put on hold when you have kids, but I think they just change.

Is there a way to get a full copy of Gunslinger?

Oh and I got this wicked awesome Idea for a movie about a guy in a bat costume and his arch enemy who is disfigured and paints his face like an insane clown. I think it could be really good

Comment

I figured you had a little more insight than the average fan. That's cool that your friend is still shooting for the stars(horrible cliche I know), maybe through those film festivals something will happen.

I know what you're saying about having a family, when you have kids your dreams change. Some people say your dreams die or are put on hold when you have kids, but I think they just change.

Is there a way to get a full copy of Gunslinger?

Oh and I got this wicked awesome Idea for a movie about a guy in a bat costume and his arch enemy who is disfigured and paints his face like an insane clown. I think it could be really good
        Yeah... no kidding. I mean, I'd probably have moved down there with him if I didn't have a family. But you know... we'll do what we will with what we have.

I like to think I have a little more insight than the average fan lol... but when you boil it down... a film is about preferences and opinion.

also I love your idea about this bat person...

AND.... i'll get you some details on Gunslinger in a PM. :salute!:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
          Yeah... no kidding. I mean, I'd probably have moved down there with him if I didn't have a family. But you know... we'll do what we will with what we have.

I like to think I have a little more insight than the average fan lol... but when you boil it down... a film is about preferences and opinion.

also I love your idea about this bat person...

AND.... i'll get you some details on Gunslinger in a PM. :salute!:
          Cool.

As far as my movie idea goes I am thinking of calling it BatDude. He's a super hero but he also really enjoys bowling and hitting the hooka. Maybe in the first one the Crazy Clown character, lets call him The Kidder, breaks into BatDude's pad and whizzes on his rug. I think this could really be good.

Comment

Cool.

As far as my movie idea goes I am thinking of calling it BatDude. He's a super hero but he also really enjoys bowling and hitting the hooka. Maybe in the first one the Crazy Clown character, lets call him The Kidder, breaks into BatDude's pad and whizzes on his rug. I think this could really be good.
            sigpic

Comment

Hey RB BatDude's alter ego

Comment

Hey RB BatDude's alter ego

If I grew my hair longer... I already got the wild beard. I could provide my services of acting
                sigpic
                Hate Brandon Marshall and his drops? READ THIS!
                Super Bowl XXXII Run Statistics
                My Divisional Breakdown Thread

Our Offensive Line = Mile Wide

Comment

Originally posted by slostenracing View Post
                  If I grew my hair longer... I already got the wild beard. I could provide my services of acting
                  Do like "herb" and white russians, it's a prerequisite for the part.

Comment

Do like "herb" and white russians, it's a prerequisite for the part.
                    I'd have to use fake tobaccy seeing as I quit that A LONG time ago and never really smoked but I can drink the **** out of white russians.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd have to use fake tobaccy seeing as I quit that A LONG time ago and never really smoked but I can drink the **** out of white russians.
                      You are in the running. Do you have a ratty old robe to wear, our budget is pretty small.

Comment

You are in the running. Do you have a ratty old robe to wear, our budget is pretty small.
                        I do not, however I would be more than willing to goodwill it on my expense. I really think this movie idea could make hundreds of dollars.
                        sigpic

Comment

I do not, however I would be more than willing to goodwill it on my expense. I really think this movie idea could make hundreds of dollars.
                          Easy turbo, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Besides any profit would first go to me, the sole creative mind behind the project. As for now I am looking for donations to get this thing off the ground PM me for details. At the going rate of Guinness errrr I mean film, it may cost as much as $15 dollars for this film to be made.

Comment

Hmmmm.. a $15 dollar budget eh?

We may just be able to make a killing! Maybe we'll make $45 off of it and double our profit!
                            sigpic

Comment

Iron Man+Blu Ray+Rarely used PS3+63" HDTV bought from graduation money instead of a laptop=epic win times two.

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
                                Iron Man+Blu Ray+Rarely used PS3+63" HDTV bought from graduation money instead of a laptop=epic win times two.
                                Holy bat **** man, I got like $50 when I graduated. Do you go to Aspen High?

Comment

Working...
                                X